Help with a new Kepler GPU

Roberty

Extremely [H]
Just bought a new Kepler based GTX 660 Ti and I can't get it to fold using the FAH GPU Tracker V2. I used it fine in the past with my old AMD gpu and it still works fine with SMP folding but when I try GPU folding with it now it downloads the new project but never gets past 0%. I tried deleting everyting and started over with the same results. It's not detecting my GPU correctly so what settings do I need to make this work?

Thanks in advance.

you probably need to force it to run gpu3 by using the -forcegpu_fermi i think it is.

Already tried that with no luck. Been sitting on 0% overnight.....

What's the ppd like ?

its some where between the 570-580 (about 15k PPD). WU's are to small to take advantage of all the shaders still compounded with the fact that the shaders are clocked way lower then the 500 series. same problem the GTX 200 series had when they first came out compared the 8 and 9 series.

problem solved:
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1624942

Even with intense competition, the science always rules...
FOLD ON!

Thanks Bro'. That worked like a champ!! 18,000 PPD now. ;)

EDIT: Apparently the PPD estimate is very optimistic. Averaging just around 12,000 ppd instead of the 18,000 estimate it shows......

Edit # 2: After folding with the card for almost 2 weeks now it seems to be getting about what the PPD estimates are - around 18,500 average per day. :D

Last edited:
I just picked up a 660 ti because my Witcher 2 framerates / detail levels were poor at 2560 x 1440. I haven't had time to plop it in yet, but is there anything I should know about getting it to work with official Stanford client V7?

Do they fold hot like my 560 does? It runs in the 74 to 82C range while folding with fans at 100%.

Don't know about the heat, but you will have to use the beta flag to get WU. That being said, you won't get any official support unless you are a member of the beta team. It is dead easy to become a member of the beta team.

Back