Help removing the glass from the Level 20 VT

I have a Thermaltake Level 20 VT on the way and I’m planning to make a few modifications to it, though with how modular it is, I don’t expect to make many. The two main mods I want to make are replacing the tempered glass on top and front. The reason for this is that I want to cut 4 120mm holes into the top for the air from my two 240mm radiators to vent directly (4 Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 mounted above the rads in a pull configuration) and two 140mm holes in the front (2 Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000) to improve intake airflow for the top over bottom mounted 140mm fans in the front.

The problem is that the stock panels are tempered glass and I can't cut them without annealing the glass. What I would like to do is order sheets of either polycarbonate or some sort of acrylic (any recommendations?) in the same thickness (4mm), but I first need to figure out the answers to a few problems:
  • how to decouple the tempered glass from the standoffs. They appear to be epoxied or glued. Any ideas on the best way to do this? Heat gun? I prefer not to break the stock panels.
  • Can someone send me the exact height/width of the top glass and front glass? I know they are 4mm thick.
I haven’t received my unit yet, but I’m trying to get started on ordering parts so the build takes less time.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Back