Help on 5600x build

Reality

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking to build a SFF 5600x system and have $650 to grab cpu, board, psu, and case. I have an ATX psu already, but not sure if there are SFF cases that support full ATX psus
already have RAM and GPU and drives

Is this doable with quality brands?

I'm looking for a SFF case that supports at least a 240mm rad (60mm thick)

Sadly I am 100% out of the loop in terms of SFF hardware, so was hoping I could get some advice (whatever is recommended here is probably what I'll go with)

EDIT: I won't be looking to overclock anything outside of my thermal limits, so it doesn't need to be amazing with airflow

I'm looking to just keep it silent

Last edited:
CPU: $300
Corsair SF600: $120
B550 ITX board : ~$120

Leaving $110 for a case. I think you've got some options. I'm not too familiar with it, but maybe something like the NZXT H210?

Leaving $110 for a case. I think you've got some options. I'm not too familiar with it, but maybe something like the NZXT H210?

Too huge/pricey.

If you're going to get something that huge, why not go micro aTx?

This is a much better choice for easy ITX building:

https://www.newegg.com/black-fractal-design-core-500-mini-itx/p/N82E16811352060

This is a much better value/size/workable with any size video card. Just get a non-modular PSU, and you should be able to fit any length dual-slot graphics card.

Another good choice is this Cougar QbX (if you would rather ave a taller design)

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811553020

As I recall there is only one B550 itx board in that price range. Most are $180-$220.

If your GPU isn't pci-e 4, you could go a520. Gigabyte a520i ac itx is about $100 and you can flash it (if needed) without cpu and ram.

How small are you looking to go? Give a range. < 10L? < 15L? < 20L?

The most popular bang for the buck sff case is the cm nr200 for $100. Is is on the larger side at 18L but being bigger means you won’t need specialized parts, cables etc. Good for entry into the SFF hobby.

How small are you looking to go? Give a range. < 10L? < 15L? < 20L?

The most popular bang for the buck sff case is the cm nr200 for $100. Is is on the larger side at 18L but being bigger means you won’t need specialized parts, cables etc. Good for entry into the SFF hobby.

I have one. It doesn't take a regular ATX PSU unless you want to 3d print your own bracket and you'd likely lose extended video card support.

Also, 60mm thick radiator (just the radiator? or is that with the fans?) probably won't fit with the PSU in the side mounted position for the AIO. I was looking at the Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer 2, but the thicker radiator won't fit I don't think or it would definitely be very tight. Ended up just reusing a H100x I had lying around.

I have one. It doesn't take a regular ATX PSU unless you want to 3d print your own bracket and you'd likely lose extended video card support.

Also, 60mm thick radiator (just the radiator? or is that with the fans?) probably won't fit with the PSU in the side mounted position for the AIO. I was looking at the Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer 2, but the thicker radiator won't fit I don't think or it would definitely be very tight. Ended up just reusing a H100x I had lying around.

60mm rad doesn’t even do much more than 30m m rad. I wouldn’t allocate the space for it in a sff

Fractal Define Nano S will take an ATX PSU. Should be on the quiet side as well.

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/define/define-nano-s/black/

I've had that also. The biggest problem with that case is the fact that the video card is kind of limited to two slot cards and can be starved for air in the bottom of the case right next to the PSU.

Edit:
The NR200 case is better IMO. The downside of the NR200 is the fact that you need a SFX PSU which can be pricey.

Last edited:
I've had that also. The biggest problem with that case is the fact that the video card is kind of limited to two slot cards and can be starved for air in the bottom of the case right next to the PSU.

Edit:
The NR200 case is better IMO. The downside of the NR200 is the fact that you need a SFX PSU which can be pricey.

it’s true of you already have atx and you need to buy a sff psu. But there are a couple companies coming hard to the sff market. Cooler master has cheaper high power units out now and are said to be bringing kits. Case psu and AIO

I just built with a cougar qbx.
3700x with a 1070 FE.
Aorus b450i w/ wifi.
Running a cooler master 240 AIO with the 2 fans. I front 80mm noctua, 92mm rear be quiet!, 2 kaze sythe slim 120mm on the bottom, an NZXT 120mm on top and an evga sfx psu.
I got a lot packed in there.

Back