Help Finding GTX 260 Water Blocks?

X58Guy

n00b
Hello,

I've been reaching out on various forums to hopefully get lucky.
I recently got some old X58 era hardware and I wanted to do a custom loop with it for fun. I have 2 BFG Tech GTX 260s and a Gigabyte GTX 260. The only problem is that I am having trouble finding water blocks for them online. I found only one so far for around $60 shipped with a 280 on eBay, but I'm looking for two more for SLI (I know it's basically dead, just mainly for looks). I was hoping someone may know a good resale site to look at, or if anyone has a block or card combo they would be willing to sell.

Thanks!

You can check here: https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

To see which might fit, but 99% of the time, only the top end like the 280 or 280ti of that gen would have had a full coverage block. You’ll want to look for a universal block. I put one on a 760 not too long ago just for fun. It did the job fine.

yeah that's from the era where the universal block was king and little stick on fins for passive VRAM cooling worked just fine.

It's been a few weeks since he's logged on so OP probably found them somewhere or gave up, but I have two old evga 260 core 216 cards with the EK full cover blocks and back plates. If you ever return OP, shoot me a pm and maybe we can work something out. Here's a photo of me originally putting the blocks on one of them, followed up by a photo today. The 260s are dead (or at least one of them is,) but the evga 790i ftw mobo and lapped q6600 still work as of me shutting it down last. The cpu block is a dtek fuzion v2 w/ quad insert, and the chipset block is the bitspower n790ns. If nothing else the forum gets some eye candy.

CIMG7422.JPG0215211752_HDR.jpg

It's been a few weeks since he's logged on so OP probably found them somewhere or gave up, but I have two old evga 260 core 216 cards with the EK full cover blocks and back plates. If you ever return OP, shoot me a pm and maybe we can work something out. Here's a photo of me originally putting the blocks on one of them, followed up by a photo today. The 260s are dead (or at least one of them is,) but the evga 790i ftw mobo and lapped q6600 still work as of me shutting it down last. The cpu block is a dtek fuzion v2 w/ quad insert, and the chipset block is the bitspower n790ns. If nothing else the forum gets some eye candy.

View attachment 329785View attachment 329792
looks so good. The hell with nickel plating, give me the copper.

View attachment 329785View attachment 329792
arnemetis:
Sorry I haven't been on for a while. School picked up, and I didn't have much time to hop back on. If you still have them, I'd definitely be interested. I'll shoot you a PM. Thank you!

Edit: I can't seem to find a PM or message button. Probably because I don't have enough points or it's hiding somewhere from me. Maybe send me a PM if that's possible, or lmk how you want to contact. Thanks again!

Last edited:
arnemetis:
Sorry I haven't been on for a while. School picked up, and I didn't have much time to hop back on. If you still have them, I'd definitely be interested. I'll shoot you a PM. Thank you!

Edit: I can't seem to find a PM or message button. Probably because I don't have enough points or it's hiding somewhere from me. Maybe send me a PM if that's possible, or lmk how you want to contact. Thanks again!
Yeah you're going to be limited because you aren't an active member of the forum, so no way to know you from a legit person or a scammer. Do you have a heatware, other forum profile that can show you have a good history? We can probably figure something out.

Yeah you're going to be limited because you aren't an active member of the forum, so no way to know you from a legit person or a scammer. Do you have a heatware, other forum profile that can show you have a good history? We can probably figure something out.
Makes total sense. Unfortunately I don't have a heatware. I have some confirmed trades/purchases on Reddit's r/hardwareswap and on a skiing forum, Newschoolers, under the usernames a_scerba and a.scerba respectively, though. I realize that the names don't really have anything to do with my current one, but if you have a Reddit account you could message me there if that's better for you.

Performance-pcs has a bunch of old watercooling parts.

Makes total sense. Unfortunately I don't have a heatware. I have some confirmed trades/purchases on Reddit's r/hardwareswap and on a skiing forum, Newschoolers, under the usernames a_scerba and a.scerba respectively, though. I realize that the names don't really have anything to do with my current one, but if you have a Reddit account you could message me there if that's better for you.
Sorry it's been a crazy week. I'll have to check out the reddit posts and get back to you. Don't suppose you're in Massachusetts?

Not a problem, totally understand. I'll post my HardForum name on my Reddit profile. I'm in Wisconsin, unfortunately.

Sorry it's been a crazy week. I'll have to check out the reddit posts and get back to you. Don't suppose you're in Massachusetts?
Hey, just curious if you were still willing to sell the 260s or if you had a chance to check out my other profile. Thanks!

Hey, just curious if you were still willing to sell the 260s or if you had a chance to check out my other profile. Thanks!
Hi, sorry I completely forgot about this! I will check out your other info on reddit. I still have them, but a concern came up since you said you have bfg and gigabyte cards, compatibility. The blocks worked for reference designs, which evga used, but I'd hate to go through all this and you couldn't use them! I tried searching quickly but couldn't find good info, here's a photo with the cooler removed from my evga card. See if you can spot anything different on your board? Compare it with my image with the block on above to ensure the chips that make contact are in the same place and look to be the same type/height.
CIMG7425.JPG

Hi, sorry I completely forgot about this! I will check out your other info on reddit. I still have them, but a concern came up since you said you have bfg and gigabyte cards, compatibility. The blocks worked for reference designs, which evga used, but I'd hate to go through all this and you couldn't use them! I tried searching quickly but couldn't find good info, here's a photo with the cooler removed from my evga card. See if you can spot anything different on your board? Compare it with my image with the block on above to ensure the chips that make contact are in the same place and look to be the same type/height.
View attachment 411880
Not a problem. I only just recently thought about it. 99% sure that both BFG cards are reference design, and the cooler looks like what I remember. Below is a screenshot of a CAD model I made of a block to fit it, and it also looks correct (looks a little wide because it's in isometric view). Not sure on the Gigabyte card, though. The mount holes are the same, but the PCB is for sure more square and a couple mm larger in two dimensions. I haven't pulled the cooler yet either. At the very least, the two BFG cards should work.
Screenshot_20211112-112109_Onshape.jpg

Not a problem. I only just recently thought about it. 99% sure that both BFG cards are reference design, and the cooler looks like what I remember. Below is a screenshot of a CAD model I made of a block to fit it, and it also looks correct (looks a little wide because it's in isometric view). Not sure on the Gigabyte card, though. The mount holes are the same, but the PCB is for sure more square and a couple mm larger in two dimensions. I haven't pulled the cooler yet either. At the very least, the two BFG cards should work.
Alright, I checked out your reddit and I will send you a message tonight after work. That model looks good, I could never bring myself to risk making my own and being off just enough to crack a chip.

Alright, I checked out your reddit and I will send you a message tonight after work. That model looks good, I could never bring myself to risk making my own and being off just enough to crack a chip.
Thanks! Sounds good

Back