Headset/mic suggestions

I will preface this by saying I have no experience in this arena...zip, zero, nada. I normally just yell across the room...

I need some suggestions for some decent headset/mic units to give to Santa Claus for my son and I. He like to play minecraft and our PCs are in different rooms, so he wants to ask Santa for head sets for us both. Suggestions without costing a fortune?

Check out the hyper x cloud stingers at target for 50 bux a piece. I have these and am quite impressed with the audio and mic quality and can be used wired or wireless via a supplied Bluetooth dongle. I was very pleasantly surprised at their comfort as well.

hyper x cloud, could II, Alpha, and Stinger
Cooler Master MH-751, MH-630, MH-650, MH-752, MH-650
JBL Quantum 100, 200, 300, & 400
Epos/ Sennheiser GSP 302, 300, 301
CORSAIR HS35, 45, 50, 60, 70, Void

I'm quite happy with my Sennheiser GSP 500's, though the GSP 300's might be a bit better at a lower price point.

I'd recommend this over all the suggestions that others have posted: Sennheiser PC 38x

$129 USD, but they are very, very good (and more comfortable than the EPOS/Sennheiser mashup that is the GSP line).
Note that this is an open-back headset (so, folks might be able to hear what's coming out of the headphone: but, you can hear your spouse yelling at you to go help her). :D

For closed-back gaming headphones, the Cooler Master MH751 or MH752 (as suggested by xgrifter) is pretty good @ $80 USD on Amazon.com ($88 for MH-752).

I'd recommend this over all the suggestions that others have posted: Sennheiser PC 38x

$129 USD, but they are very, very good (and more comfortable than the EPOS/Sennheiser mashup that is the GSP line).
Note that this is an open-back headset (so, folks might be able to hear what's coming out of the headphone: but, you can hear your spouse yelling at you to go help her). :D

For closed-back gaming headphones, the Cooler Master MH751 or MH752 (as suggested by xgrifter) is pretty good @ $80 USD on Amazon.com ($88 for MH-752).
I’ve had the Senn 38x’s for a while now. Beware tho, if you have a bigger head these have a tight clamp on them.

Back