hdmi cable for ps3

syn3rgyz

Gawd
I've been searching through the forums but haven't really found an answer. I just bought a new 32" tv to hook up my ps3 to. Now i need an HDMI cable. Kinda broke from buying the TV so from what I have heard monoprice has them for cheap. But im confused with all the different type of hdmi cables, category 2/ certified/professional/shielded/unshielded etc. Someone please explain to me what the differences are and which one is suitable for my needs?

32" 1080p?, does not matter really... a 1.5m (5') cable for USD 4 or less will do (or longer it you need so). Digital is digital, either you get signals (picture) or you don't. It does not matter you use copper/gold/silver/platinum/super conductor/with ferite cores/plumblum/carbon/graphite in between.

32" 1080p?, does not matter really... a 1.5m (5') cable for USD 4 or less will do (or longer it you need so). Digital is digital, either you get signals (picture) or you don't. It does not matter you use copper/gold/silver/platinum/super conductor/with ferite cores/plumblum/carbon/graphite in between.

...cue the monster cable lawsuit against you!:p

OP; the cheap ones worked for me

Last edited:
Hi OP, I got a cheapy cable from www.tradme.co.nz (I'm from NZ) and works spectacularly on my PS3 to 46" Bravia, though no Bravia Sync. I'm pretty sure that's a hardware issue as opposed to the HDMI cable. Mine claimed to be "1.3b revision compliant", honestly it was the cheapest one I found and it worked.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

i heard something about non shielded cable getting interference if its near other devices / powercords

Back