Has Ryzen 5 1600 picked up some IPC ?

crazycrave

[H]ard|Gawd
I dropped my 1600 back in my MSI board that I had one of my 3600's on as only thing changed was cpu and memory ..

Also it's running on the AMD's latest chipset drivers not approved for as it did not say GEN 1 support that I seen anywhere 1.9.27.1033 and is baseline stock settings with only memory running 2400Mhz profile.

https://valid.x86.fr/0cxkfa

Has anyone noticed Gen 1 picking up a little speed as 20 points in single trend .. almost like the micro code can keep improving performance almost how they tune PCB's on cars now .

Last edited:
^ is what I found after I updated.
Gaming was smoother, recording was less janky, wsl buttery smooth except for the clunky file system interop.

It's not microcode as much as it was 1903 win 10 that made the big difference in how the scheduler accesses the cores to my understanding

Last edited:
Reactions: Mega6
like this
It's not microcode as much as it was 1903 win 10 that made the big difference in how the scheduler accesses the cores to my understanding
Yeah that was it. Win scheduler and how the os understands ccx.

And yet on my main rig (r7 2700x and 470 mobo) it keeps saying 1903 "isn't ready yet". But on my R7-1700 / B350 el cheapo board it already installed.

Google the troubles the 1st Gen Ryzen guys were having that were directly OD related.
TR is especially pointed.

And yet on my main rig (r7 2700x and 470 mobo) it keeps saying 1903 "isn't ready yet". But on my R7-1700 / B350 el cheapo board it already installed.

That message is a general windows update issue - doesn't mean it's the CPU. You need to read the etl file.

When I am now on that 1600 , I can not tell the different on desktop between it and one my 3600 or 3700x with them all running updated everything but a memory test is what is needed as to see where gen 1 is stable at passed 2666Mhz now as that would be an area I would look at the memory controller .

Last edited:
Reactions: N4CR
like this
When I am now on that 1600 , I can not tell the different on desktop between it and one my 3600 or 3700x with them all running updated everything but a memory test is what is needed as to see where gen 1 is stable at passed 2666Mhz now as that would be an area I would look at the memory controller .
My 1600 is running 3200mhz no issues, put my ram in, set xmp profile... 3200mhz cl15 stable as can be. B450 motherboard. I don't have any 3xxx series CPUs to compare to though.

My 1600 is running 3200mhz no issues, put my ram in, set xmp profile... 3200mhz cl15 stable as can be. B450 motherboard. I don't have any 3xxx series CPUs to compare to though.

That was an issue as even a 2200g could not deliver stable 3200Mhz as why it was only rated for 2933Mhz stable back then and I wondered if the memory controller is programable as to changed it's specs .

Was yes, not sure how much it's been fixed and with what ram, seems to be highly dependant on something, just not sure what.

Back