[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I just noticed Newegg has mirrored Amazon's extended holiday returns on most items. Not sure since how long its been in place, but PC component sales being down overall may have squeezed them into relenting.

Thus purchases after Nov.1 have a Jan.31 return window. And then the ZIP11 code (11% off sitewide, up to $100 discount), I'm suddenly considering some items I hadn't before.

haha well I coulda gotten $120 off all weekend at BestBuy through the VPA on the 4080FE, but realistically it should've been $100 off $1000 or even $80 off $800 to even think about pulling the trigger. If this Newegg promo was 15-20% and $200 max it might make more sense but the 11% and $100 is definitely better than nothing!
Was looking at potential purchase and the 11% off seems to more than cover Kalifornia sales tax of around 9%

Was looking at potential purchase and the 11% off seems to more than cover Kalifornia sales tax of around 9%
7.25% actually, if it's around 9 then blame the voters of your county for passing all sorts of bond measures and what not that pays for things by increasing the sales tax

I just noticed Newegg has mirrored Amazon's extended holiday returns on most items. Not sure since how long its been in place, but PC component sales being down overall may have squeezed them into relenting.

Thus purchases after Nov.1 have a Jan.31 return window. And then the ZIP11 code (11% off sitewide, up to $100 discount), I'm suddenly considering some items I hadn't before.
They have had extended return periods most years in the past.

Reactions: DPI
like this
7.25% actually, if it's around 9 then blame the voters of your county for passing all sorts of bond measures and what not that pays for things by increasing the sales tax
10.25% in Alameda County, second only to parts of LA County (wherever Zotac is at) where it is a full fat 10.5%....

Dang that's a smoking deal... almost makes me wish I didn't get mine before the 329 price drop, and that promo code (293 w/o tax) - but the 5800X3D is a really, really great gaming CPU for CPU bound games (such as Star Citizen, or WoW) - so I don't actually regret it that much at all.

NewEgg already OOS. Was Uncharted part of it? Trying to make myself feel better for "only" paying $320 at Micro Center and selling my Uncharted code for $25. Probably puts me near the NewEgg price. :)

Yeah, still too expensive for the 4080 imo but it looks like they are finally starting to sell out maybe as older Ampere stock starts drying up and the prospects of getting a 4090 dry up prior to the holidays?

Unfortunately it looks like the entire BestBuy drop of 4080s did sell out yesterday. The 8 different 4080s I saw sat for the entire weekend through the GeForce Verified Priority Access but did end up selling out by around 10pm EST yesterday, so I guess folks are starting to cave in and buy them.....

10.25% in Alameda County, second only to parts of LA County (wherever Zotac is at) where it is a full fat 10.5%....
Ouch, lots of feel good projects in that county I'm sure. The upside is places like Amazon stops sales tax collection at the state level (I think).

Ouch, lots of feel good projects in that county I'm sure. The upside is places like Amazon stops sales tax collection at the state level (I think).
Nope every retailer includes county and city 'surcharges'. I vote down every incremental measure I see on the ballot despite my other political leanings...nuff said. We did see some nonsense voted down this time so hopefully more people are catching on.

Can confirm also got selected and just bought a 4090 FE from Best Buy!

Also, when I was on there you can select multiple different choices for 4080 and 4090. I snagged the 4090 FE ASAP before it went OOS.

Store pickup date is today for my 4090 FE order, but it’s still showing as “preparing” as we approach the end of the day. Slightly concerning as this Best Buy location always has the store pickup orders ready at least 1-2 days early.

Hopefully nothing funky going on…for now just going to assume it’s either behind in transit or the store is busy from Black Friday shopping.

EDIT: Officially just received notification that it’s delayed and if it’s not fulfilled by December 7th then it’ll be cancelled. Wow.

Last edited:
Store pickup date is today for my 4090 FE order, but it’s still showing as “preparing” as we approach the end of the day. Slightly concerning as this Best Buy location always has the store pickup orders ready at least 1-2 days early.

Hopefully nothing funky going on…for now just going to assume it’s either behind in transit or the store is busy from Black Friday shopping.

EDIT: Officially just received notification that it’s delayed and if it’s not fulfilled by December 7th then it’ll be cancelled. Wow.
I wouldn’t worry too much, you still have 2 weeks before dealing with potential cancellation. I’ve had a few big ticket items that ended up delayed from initial estimated date and also some that arrived early. It’s even possible the card is at your local store but they haven’t had a chance to unpack it yet.

I literally just received a notification for pickup for a PS5 that was delayed from Monday. Normally outside of the holidays the first employees that arrive will have the store pickup items unpacked and ready to go before the store opens, but all that goes out the window around the holidays.

Sorry dude. That’s heartbreaking.

We’re all good. Called Best Buy customer support and they looked into it. The card was already at the store so they’re not sure why I received the delay email. An hour after my conversation with them it was ready for pick-up and is now sitting on my desk! :D

Now to order a waterblock…

Anybody ever seen something like this before? Looks like the guy robbed an OEM warehouse lol.

Zen4_Tray.png

Hmmm.. Well the seller is in the States and some are showing sold. It’s almost worth a 7600x for 200 to find out.

Edit: When Der8aur gets his AM5 delid kit out one of these may be worth cracking open for some direct die cooling shenanigans. Tray CPUs probably have no warranty I’m guessing?

Last edited:
WTF is with all these deals if you do some weird credit/loan bullshit?
The ZIP11 coupon worked for me using just standard credit card payment option despite its intention to promote whatever ZIP payment plan they are peddling.

Earlier today I saw a Microcenter link to a sale for Intel and AMD CPU and MB bundles. Then Intel had a free MB with a 12700k or a 12900k for $350 and $500 respectively. Does anyone have a direct link for that sale? I can't find it now. TY

Earlier today I saw a Microcenter link to a sale for Intel and AMD CPU and MB bundles. Then Intel had a free MB with a 12700k or a 12900k for $350 and $500 respectively. Does anyone have a direct link for that sale? I can't find it now. TY
The page is gone now so I guess those bundle deals are over. Prices on lots of things seems to have changed. Some Intel cpus are higher priced than before like the 12600k. It was 249 but is 299 now.
The AMD 7900X dropped a lot and is down to 439.98.

Yeah my MicroCenter (MN) is out of 7950X and 5800X3D CPUs. I’m glad a lot of people took advantage of the insane deals!

I used Affirm to buy my parts a few days ago. They required a CC/bank account, a mobile verification, and my SS#. Approval took about 30 seconds.
It's also possible to pay the entire loan in a single payment early, and avoid all interest. I've seen conflicting info about whether or not Affirm impacts your credit score.

Probably not worth all the trouble to save $50 on the X3D.

Affirm_Pay.obg.png

Last edited:
Best Buy is now allowing you to order the Ragnarök PS5 bundle online for store pickup. Last week you had to physically go to the store to find out if they had any. I just ordered one for my sister that will be ready for pickup on Sunday. No issues getting it into the cart and checking out.

4080 fe in my cart but can’t get myself to click the place order button.
Don't worry about it unless you are really desperate for a GPU upgrade. One thing you can tell yourself is that with your CPU you're not going to get full use out of a 4080 anyway especially if you're not cranking all the graphical settings at 4K. I'm hoping next month AMD just makes Nvidia look stupid with their pricing.

Back