[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Tons more RTX 4080s dropped at the MicroCenter in MN today. Unsurprisingly, tons of the $1400 and $1550 ASUS cards out there...but they are also selling.
They are the ones that actually sell at MC! Yea looks like my MC in MD got new stock also.

So I guess both Nvidia and AIBs produce less of RTX 4080 than 4090 in anticipation that it won't sell well at that price. Good move, lol.

Tons more RTX 4080s dropped at the MicroCenter in MN today. Unsurprisingly, tons of the $1400 and $1550 ASUS cards out there...but they are also selling.
The biggest issue here is that they are selling. When they stop selling we stop dealing with massive price hikes. Unheard of going from 799.00 to 1199.00 msrp in 1 generation for an 80 series. That's crazy

The biggest issue here is that they are selling. When they stop selling we stop dealing with massive price hikes. Unheard of going from 799.00 to 1199.00 msrp in 1 generation for an 80 series. That's crazy
For 80 series sure, but it did happen recently with the 80Ti series with the 1080Ti to 2080Ti representing a similar price hike from $699 to $1199 for the FE. The "Black" models were MSRP of $999 but they were vaporware after the initial limited launch numbers and it was all FE and AIB cards with the "A" version of the chip for $1200+ after that. Turing was one of the most disappointing generations from a price:performance perspective ever, and it actually really hurt Nvidia sales which is a big part of the reason Ampere was so well received. People were finally ready to upgrade from Pascal.

Nvidia has definitely been shifting the goal posts on pricing and using the Titan and now xx90 SKU as the virtual football. They realized most people who bought the x80Ti or cut-down big chip weren't willing to pay +50% or even double for the Titan Class card if they knew an x80Ti version was going to come out more in line with the rest of the stack. So they launched the big chip first as the xx90 starting with Ampere and said here's our Titan-class gaming GPU, no surprises take it or leave it. They also launched the 3080 on the cut-down big chip design to make that all more palatable for those who were used to buying the x80Ti chip for $700-800 anyways. The last thing they did was take advantage of the back-end of the crypto/stimulus economy to try and paint over their initial launch pricing with the 3080 12GB, 3080Ti and 3090Ti. Instead of $700 and $1500 MSRPs, they successfully reset user expectations to more of a $900-1200 price range for 3080/Ti and $2000 for the 3090Ti. Now they're testing the market again and trying to pull the same kind of price hike as we saw in Turing, except its not even the big chip, its an intermediate chip which makes it even more disappointing.

If consumers hold off on buying 4080 and the 4070Ti in January I do think it will force Nvidia to cut prices with a stack reorganization, but only after they sell out all their older Ampere inventory. That's certainly a key goal of setting the prices high. Its just going to burn a lot of goodwill in the meantime for anyone who pays a premium on the 4070Ti/4080 at current MSRP only to see a price drop on those cards in 5-6 months.

FWIW, my wife's account/PC did get a Verified Priority Access invite and of the 9 cards available to choose from, only the 4090FE was sold out, all others were 4080s and they were available to purchase. So it does look like buyers are holding off to some degree compared to previous launches.

FWIW, my wife's account/PC did get a Verified Priority Access invite and of the 9 cards available to choose from, only the 4090FE was sold out, all others were 4080s and they were available to purchase. So it does look like buyers are holding off to some degree compared to previous launches.
i can see why, might as well get a 4090 for the price. I stomached paying like 1100 for a 10gb 3080 back in the dark days. I dont ever want to do that again. I'd rather keep using the 3080 until people start selling used 4080s

i can see why, might as well get a 4090 for the price. I stomached paying like 1100 for a 10gb 3080 back in the dark days. I dont ever want to do that again. I'd rather keep using the 3080 until people start selling used 4080s
Yeah unfortunately I think they are hoping that scalped/secondary/price-escalated market desensitized people to what they were paying for these things, but it was a very different economy back then compared to now. Ampere is still super fast and capable for most gamers, the only card that is really going to stand out is the 4090 and even then only at ~4K with high refresh rates.
But yeah at the same time, anyone who felt like they overextended on their 3000 series buys will probably not be looking to do that again anytime soon for something that is only ~30-40% faster for a similarly high price. Personally, I went for the 4090FE because its actually the first card where I don't think I'll need to upgrade again next-gen, but its still on the borderline of what I'm willing to pay for a GPU upgrade. I never went into total crazy land with some of the Titan RTX prices at $2000+ though lol.

Same, I picked up a 3090 on EVGA B-Stock at $745 and it has been rock solid. I will upgrade when the used 4080's hit the market, I am good for now.

Black is OOS but white and black/red black/white are still there.
This should be free for current RMX owners or $5 at most, $20 for the base cable is high enough, why would you pay $10 more for individual sleeving, it's not like it would work different or even look any different from outside the case unless you stuck a light in your (assuming you have it) case window and looked hard 😉

This should be free for current RMX owners or $5 at most, $20 for the base cable is high enough, why would you pay $10 more for individual sleeving, it's not like it would work different or even look any different from outside the case unless you stuck a light in your (assuming you have it) case window and looked hard 😉
Sounds like someone is sleeveless. My $10 makes me look so fly.... ;)

Wait till all the retail sales reports come in after Christmas. It won't just be the tech world hurting.
Agreed, I read about an Amazon warehouse manager who said they were looking at layoffs instead of OT this Christmas. Of course there were other warehouses in better shape.

Wait till all the retail sales reports come in after Christmas. It won't just be the tech world hurting.
You'd have to be a real sucker to buy a gpu right now. Seems they are keeping supply chains tight for a reason. The scalpers might get curb stomped on this one.

With ZIP11 the 7600X is $221 and the 7700X is $310, thanks to Newegg's BF sales.
The coupon also works on bundles.

Newegg's ZIP promo is back.
"ZIP11" for 11% up to $100. You must use zip checkout.

Does not stack with other promo codes but it does work on their BF discounted stuff.
Feel like the sale % was 20% last year? It was easy to hit the $100 max for around $500 iirc.

Still solid on some of the stuff that rarely goes on sale and some of the deals like SSDs, CPUs etc.

What is EVGA up to, and does it involve an EVGA 4090...or at least sub-$900 pricing on a Z790 Dark Kingpin?

Morgan Freeman: "And it turned out to be .. mousepads"

SmartSelect_20221121-175526_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Get a 4080 for closer to the right price!
haha well I coulda gotten $120 off all weekend at BestBuy through the VPA on the 4080FE, but realistically it should've been $100 off $1000 or even $80 off $800 to even think about pulling the trigger. If this Newegg promo was 15-20% and $200 max it might make more sense but the 11% and $100 is definitely better than nothing!

How is PS5 stock these days? I was thinking about getting one for my sister for Christmas but realized I probably should have bought one a couple months ago.

How is PS5 stock these days? I was thinking about getting one for my sister for Christmas but realized I probably should have bought one a couple months ago.
Sony built up a large stock of The God of War bundle and then flooded, which has sent secondary markets (scalpers) shuffling down the hall pants around ankles looking for toilet paper. The supply glut may eventually burn off though so buy one now.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back