[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

They have stragglers usually for about an hour or two after the initial drop. Most likely cancelled orders. I wouldn't expect to try and get one unless you get immensely lucky.

They have stragglers usually for about an hour or two after the initial drop. Most likely cancelled orders. I wouldn't expect to try and get one unless you get immensely lucky.
yea probably but really not much of inventory today. Past drops seemed like they were much bigger. Today it was like a minute and they were out of stock which is bad given the they have a queue system that makes people wait.

yea probably but really not much of inventory today. Past drops seemed like they were much bigger. Today it was like a minute and they were out of stock which is bad given the they have a queue system that makes people wait.
It definitely was limited in inventory. We’re probably going to see very little to no inventory now until mid-March while production restarts in China in a few days. Next Best Buy drop will probably be a repeat of today’s drop then return back to “normal” after that.

It definitely was limited in inventory. We’re probably going to see very little to no inventory now until mid-March while production restarts in China in a few days. Next Best Buy drop will probably be a repeat of today’s drop then return back to “normal” after that.

Yea looks like they had much more in the first 2-3 drops.

Got Xbox Series X at Walmart today, but had to do the “All Access” version (pay over 24 month period). I guess that is one way to keep the scalpers at bay. It comes out to almost $900 over 2 years (since you pay for Game pass as well). That’s a lot of overhead for a scalper to overcome.

I missed the 3060 raffle today at newegg.
Frustrating...

Well, what did you really miss out on? I can't imagine there were too many of the "$329" cards available as there are only a token number of them available. So you missed out on a $500 card that is completely overpriced.

I just got selected on the shuffle for the $400 evga 3060. 4th time selected. Came out to $450 shipped with tax and shipping. Don’t need it so probably just sell it.
Figure out the shipping, lmk. I was not selected and BB sucked this morning.

I missed the 3060 raffle today at newegg.
Frustrating...
You didn't miss out. I am like 0 for 11 in shuffle. I think shuffle is geared towards frequent winners. Its almost like people will get selected over and over as repeat buyers. So if you get selected once and buy it almost seems to prefer those people for high buy probability I guess.

Well, what did you really miss out on? I can't imagine there were too many of the "$329" cards available as there are only a token number of them available. So you missed out on a $500 card that is completely overpriced.
They had a few listed at around msrp actually and some above

You didn't miss out. I am like 0 for 11 in shuffle. I think shuffle is geared towards frequent winners. Its almost like people will get selected over and over as repeat buyers. So if you get selected once and buy it almost seems to prefer those people for high buy probability I guess.

Heck I "won" one shuffle for a 3070 card and they sold out before I could even check out. Even if you win you can still lose lol. Still a bit bitter yes.

damn all they have to do is select me once...
ill enter again to get one for others though still.
Many nice people here helped me and gotta return the favor if I can.

I've dropped lots of cash at Newegg over the last couple of years, but they seem to not want my money from any shuffle.

I've dropped lots of cash at Newegg over the last couple of years, but they seem to not want my money from any shuffle.
Ive spent plenty too. Ive had an acct with them since 2009 and built my whole build from them exclusively last tme.
Just a few parts this time since parts are so hard to find.
Working on this build for almost 3 months and still dont have all the parts.
Ram is still stuck in VA. CPU finally made it. It was stuck in MN for14 days.
Ebay seller refunded my money after not sending my 1st ram order 10 days later without an explanation.
CPU cooler was lost for almost 2 weeks also.
Then theres the video card thing...

I'm 0-5 in the shuffle. Spent $250 on 6 orders in 2020, 1 order in 2017, zero in 2018-19. Newegg don't want ma money either!

I'm 0-5 in the shuffle. Spent $250 on 6 orders in 2020, 1 order in 2017, zero in 2018-19. Newegg don't want ma money either!
I bought a 3900x Asus Crosshair x570, 32 GB G.skill RAM, Liang Li case in 2019, 32 GB G.Skill, 64 GB G. Skill in 2020. Probably lots more smaller stuff I'm forgetting.

Thats not what I meant. I meant I see people being selected like 4-5 times in shuffles but there are so many that never get selected. Its not the people the algorithm is sure picking frequent winners more often.

I already got a 5800x, but was looking for the 5600x and the 58 came available first.
Is there any reason a gamer needs a 5800x over a 5600x?
If you're running a 3090 at 1080p and have a super high refresh monitor you might notice a very small difference. If you're sitting on a 3070 or like to play at a higher res you won't see a difference in current games.

If you're running a 3090 at 1080p and have a super high refresh monitor you might notice a very small difference. If you're sitting on a 3070 or like to play at a higher res you won't see a difference in current games.
I dont suppose most will game at 1080 with a 3090 though

I debated too long and its gone from my cart now anyway so decision made for me.
I likely wont build a pc again for another 8-10yrs so Fxxx it, the higher core processor is going in.

I've been on a 4k 144hz monitor for a minute now and just picked up a 5900x. From my understanding, if I run an RTX card with Ray Tracing and or DLSS, the lower resolution (at 1080p) will keep my FPS higher at that point. I know at 4K the CPU is less of an issue but these new technologies I want to test out as soon as I can get a 3 series card from Nvidia. My previous CPU was a 4790K and I plan to keep my current CPU for a long time as well.

I've been on a 4k 144hz monitor for a minute now and just picked up a 5900x. From my understanding, if I run an RTX card with Ray Tracing and or DLSS, the lower resolution (at 1080p) will keep my FPS higher at that point. I know at 4K the CPU is less of an issue but these new technologies I want to test out as soon as I can get a 3 series card from Nvidia. My previous CPU was a 4790K and I plan to keep my current CPU for a long time as well.
Can you even run DLSS at 1080P. I know some games does not allow you to turn on DLSS if you're at 1080P or lower resolution

Same here. but I didnt know about this one so I didnt even enter this time (granddaughter sitting)
I wasted my time at BB site today though.
I'm like 0/9 on the shuffle (more if you count me getting the wife to try on her newegg account), and I had BB page OPEN when the drop happened yesterday and missed it. Had a different browser tab open. :( Didn't have my headphones on so I missed the ding from Octoshop that was 8 minutes late apparently as well. Was able to hit "Add to Cart" about 20 minutes later when it hit again, but of course got the hate message that it wasn't actually in my cart and to keep trying.

Back