[H]OT !!!! 5800X3D $279.65 Shipped , Newegg

Link? Edit: NVM sounds like affirm is a loan company and can have credit implications, not interested.

Link added, just wanted to get it posted ASAP.

Even if you don't take the affirm deal this is a great price on this processor

Link? Edit: NVM sounds like affirm is a loan company and can have credit implications, not interested.
I just added the cpu and used the code and it applies. I didn't apply for anything

I just added the cpu and used the code and it applies. I didn't apply for anything
Didn't work for me, said my payment type was invalid with the promo

It did the same to me, but then when I chose Affrim as the payment method the price was still valid.

1669762989688.png

You really shouldn't be posting deals that are dependent upon applying for installment payment programs...

There are any number of retailers and an infinite number of items that the same bar could be applied to. Very slippery slope.

I just added it to Newegg cart applied the Affirm promo code and it worked with my card

Only thing affirm will negatively impact you is if you don't pay it...

Used them for a handful of years and have nothing but good things to say about them.
Unfortunately, they don't report your payments, but they don't hard check your credit either when signing up.

Oh man, this would have been tempting (it was OOS when I checked the other day) but I broke down and picked up a 7700X from gamestop with the 20% cash back through Rakuten the other day + I had a $10 off coupon, so $272 before tax (including cash back). But I did use this NE AFFIRM deal to get 32GB Gskill Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 and an ASUS Prime X670E-PRO for $453.73 before tax. Figure I can sell my MSI Meg ACE X570, 5900X and 32GB Gskill Trident RGB B dies to offset a good chunk of what I just spent.

I bit - screw it...
Bought it for my son - got a b550 board and some ram to go along with it - grand total about $440 ish shipped.
affirm15 code works on all sold and shipped by newegg items by the way - not just this...

I finally bit. Had affirm already. Should be a big upgrade from my r5 3600

My order has been in "preparing" since Tuesday...hope I still get it... Now the 5800x3d says auto notify on the page. They're definitely out of stock. Lol

Lucky. Mine had the label created at 6pm the 29th, then ups said that they had it at 1030 last night, and it won't be here till next Weds 😭
Yea, NE shipping has become really slow. I don't order much anymore but it is typical to be a week with ground shipping. I understand since it is coming from Commiefornia and I am on the east coast. Just seems they don't ship out much from NJ location anymore.

mine has shipped already. should arrive tomorrow.
Lucky - I contacted NE chat and they said tomorrow I'll have an order update. Still in preparing status - maybe because I bought a few other things(case, mobo and ram) with it too? Expected delivery is 12/5
Lucky. Mine had the label created at 6pm the 29th, then ups said that they had it at 1030 last night, and it won't be here till next Weds 😭
What status is it in?

Lucky - I contacted NE chat and they said tomorrow I'll have an order update. Still in preparing status - maybe because I bought a few other things(case, mobo and ram) with it too? Expected delivery is 12/5

What status is it in?
Shipped

Screenshot_2022-12-01-11-41-47-09_4adea005b1d4ef442251c0081020739a.jpg

Well I don’t expect to upgrade my computer for at least 5 years(AM6?). So I’m hoping this 5800X3D will hold me over until then. Previous build was intel i7-930. That lasted me close to a decade.

It's amazing how much horsepower you can get for cheap nowadays if you don't need the latest and greatest.

There are actually quite a few games out there where the 5800X3D is the fastest CPU. Faster than any current Zen4 or Intel 13-series CPU. This includes my main game, World of Warcraft, which just had a new expansion launch and thus I've been putting my new CPU to very good use. This likely won't change until Zen4 3D-cache models are released, which we might still be years away from. Some games, especially games that aren't very well multi-threaded, can REALLY put that extra cache to use.

makes one wonder when the 7800X3D is dropping
however, my 3600x is getting twitchy

I'm still rocking a 2600x. But also playing super casual at 1080p60. Good to see these prices coming down.

Without a hard check on your credit report, still having a very short term or brand new loan / issued credit can affect the "average age of accounts" on credit scores, and not all of these loan/payment systems are equal either. Some do more reporting than others. But definitely be careful in that you can unknowingly negatively affect your credit score even if the payment plan is advertised as "no hard credit check" (and even if you pay on time). There are more factors to consider than the ones advertised to you.

That's not to say these are always a bad idea, just have full information going into the decision

Without a hard check on your credit report, still having a very short term or brand new loan / issued credit can affect the "average age of accounts" on credit scores, and not all of these loan/payment systems are equal either. Some do more reporting than others. But definitely be careful in that you can unknowingly negatively affect your credit score even if the payment plan is advertised as "no hard credit check" (and even if you pay on time). There are more factors to consider than the ones advertised to you.

That's not to say these are always a bad idea, just have full information going into the decision

As I mentioned above - your accounts through Affirm(unless of course you don't pay your shit) don't get reported, fortunately and unfortunately....

Not one of these has ever been on my credit report..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221201-152237.png
    Screenshot_20221201-152237.png
    197.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221201-152235.png
    Screenshot_20221201-152235.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221201-152231.png
    Screenshot_20221201-152231.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221201-152227.png
    Screenshot_20221201-152227.png
    182.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221201-152224.png
    Screenshot_20221201-152224.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 0
As I mentioned above - your accounts through Affirm(unless of course you don't pay your shit) don't get reported, fortunately and unfortunately.
Their help site seems to imply otherwise? https://helpcenter.affirm.com/s/article/reporting-to-credit-bureaus

These things won’t affect your credit score:
  • Creating an Affirm account
  • Seeing if you prequalify
These things may affect your credit score:
  • Your payment history with Affirm
  • How much credit you've used
  • How long you’ve had credit
  • Making late payments

Their help site seems to imply otherwise? https://helpcenter.affirm.com/s/article/reporting-to-credit-bureaus

These things won’t affect your credit score:
  • Creating an Affirm account
  • Seeing if you prequalify
These things may affect your credit score:
  • Your payment history with Affirm
  • How much credit you've used
  • How long you’ve had credit
  • Making late payments

Over three dozen purchases and four years worth and have yet to see anything Affirm related on my Credit Report. Maybe I'm getting lucky three dozen times over..

Back