GTX 770 with blower cooling

Phuncz

2[H]4U
Since the Inno3D GTX 770 with the reference cooler (SKU: N770-3DDN-E5DS) seems almost impossible to find, except one shop which has it in preorder, I'm probably going to have to buy one of the following:

EVGA GTX 770 2GB
(SKU: 02G-P4-2770-KR)

02gp42770krmd1.jpg

PNY GTX 770 2GB

(SKU: GF770GTX2GEPB)

pnygf770gtx2gepb.jpg

Mind you, I prefer a blower-style cooler because it is going to be inside the Ncase M1 which works better with those kind of coolers.

Which one would have the better cooling ? I have yet to find any reviews of both which look at noise and temperatures. I'm partial to the EVGA because you get a free backplate which seems like a nice bonus. I'd much rather have the reference cooler as it seems to be pretty good for it's type, but it's been rumoured these cards aren't meant for retail.

that PNY cooler is just the one from the reference 680 and is not really adequate to handle another 20-30 watts and even more with overclocking.

the EVGA cooler has the Titan internals so its a MUCH MUCH better cooler.

That, and do they have 4GB versions (I haven't looked)? With 4k around the corner, I'd be hard pressed to buy another 2GB GPU, it's barely enough for my 30".
lol and what the heck do you think a single 770 can actually do at 4x the resolution as 1920x1080? 4gb of vram is not going to help you there as the gpu will shit itself first. even 770 sli will barely be adequate at that res so all the vram in the world is not going to help that.

OK thx for the info. Apparently no love for the PNY and I can't disagree with you guys. I don't need 4GB VRAM, it won't speed up the card and I won't be getting 4K for a long time with displays still not being able to output 3840x2160 at 60Hz and costing thousands of credits.

Maybe in 2015 I'll revisit that realm again. But until then my wall-mounted 32" 1920x1080 screen will suffice.

lol and what the heck do you think a single 770 can actually do at 4x the resolution as 1920x1080? 4gb of vram is not going to help you there as the gpu will shit itself first. even 770 sli will barely be adequate at that res so all the vram in the world is not going to help that.

Thanks for the input- I hope summer is going well for you.

It's pretty obvious you'd need more than one (if you read this site, you know, at all), but even if you had four, you'd be SOL at ~4k if you have 2GB versions. Assume that the possibility of adding a second card is always on the table.

OK thx for the info. Apparently no love for the PNY and I can't disagree with you guys. I don't need 4GB VRAM, it won't speed up the card and I won't be getting 4K for a long time with displays still not being able to output 3840x2160 at 60Hz and costing thousands of credits.

Maybe in 2015 I'll revisit that realm again. But until then my wall-mounted 32" 1920x1080 screen will suffice.
I have no problems with PNY in general.

Back