GTX 1070Ti In Stock @ Nvidia.com

Aaaaand they're gone.

Funny thing is, it's not miners anymore (well, I guess dumb people could still be buying these for mining), but resellers trying to ride the above MSRP price wave before it completely crashes on the shore.

Funny thing is, it's not miners anymore (well, I guess dumb people could still be buying these for mining), but resellers trying to ride the above MSRP price wave before it completely crashes on the shore.

I'm sticking with miners still buying them up, especially since GPU prices are starting to fall...because they are hoping it's the get rich quick scheme that it's been made out to be for those that don't fully understand the logistics involved in mining crypto currency.

1070Ti's are in stock at Nvidia's website for MSRP, if that constitutes a "hot deal". :smuggrin:
5pxYfPP.png

Can we expect a flood of cheap GPUs once the mining mania ends? :D

one like you've NEVER seen before...

too bad SLI and Crossfire are dying.

View attachment 65582

I am not sure about this. There are so many coins you can mine its not even a joke. Its gonna stay like this for a while. Unless ofourse new GPUs come out that suck at mining or there is no difference between 1070 and 1170. So miners stay away from the newer GPUs. Then it will be gamers buying the new cards and selling old ones on ebay. It would be the other way around, miners getting cheap older cards since new ones don't give any benefits. LOL, one can hope. Until we get some ASIC miners mining eth and other coins that we can mine with GPUs, it will be the same story.

I am not sure about this. There are so many coins you can mine its not even a joke. Its gonna stay like this for a while. Unless ofourse new GPUs come out that suck at mining or there is no difference between 1070 and 1170. So miners stay away from the newer GPUs. Then it will be gamers buying the new cards and selling old ones on ebay. It would be the other way around, miners getting cheap older cards since new ones don't give any benefits. LOL, one can hope. Until we get some ASIC miners mining eth and other coins that we can mine with GPUs, it will be the same story.

Probably depends on your premise

Do you think the majority of GPUs bought in the last nine months for crypto went to warehouses or to 6-8 GPU rigs for hobby miners. I suspect the latter. I think the hobby miners are starting to get restless with incoming profit drops, tax concerns, and card values.

If Crypto continues to decline in profitability overall like it has been doing (especially as it relates to alt-coins), then I give it two months before we see cards in mass on eBay and CL. Also when the summer heat hits for the northern hemisphere and those AC bills come due for the home miners —- that’ll factor in.

When the new Nvidia cards come out I expect them to be faster relative to crypto hashing as compared to pascal cards than they are relative to gaming vs pascal cards. Gddr6 is nearly twice as fast right? And that benefits crypto algorithms tremendously. So yeah I think they’ll be hard to come by, but miners will be dropping older cards I think. Heck a 570 or 580 makes what $.50 cents a day now? Down from $2 a month ago and down from $4 in January.

https://www.nicehash.com/profitabil...65;a23=0.17;a24=310;a25=0.86;a26=8.5;a30=0.65

If crypto (specifically alt-coins) bounce back with a vengeance soon, then that’s the only thing that’s going to stop a deluge of cards hitting the market come summer. Most hobby miners won’t mine at a daily net profit loss. And I think most people are hobby miners. And it sure appears, at this time, that net profit intersection flip/flop isn’t too far ahead with trending data.

That’s my limited scope observation from the discussions with the ~15 miners I know I’m the Midwest USA and keep in touch with through a text group.

Last edited:
Can we expect a flood of cheap GPUs once the mining mania ends? :D
This is difficult to predict. It is possible that it will happen. If so, the next question is which cards will flood the market and get discounted the most. Perhaps the AMD cards since they are the best at mining. For Nvidia, I hear the 1070 is one of the best miners, so perhaps that model floods the market in the near future as well.

I'm sticking with miners still buying them up, especially since GPU prices are starting to fall...because they are hoping it's the get rich quick scheme that it's been made out to be for those that don't fully understand the logistics involved in mining crypto currency.
It is both and been both. Scalpers always out there trying to flip stuff for a quick buck. I think the miners are slowing down cause the ROI is stupid high for the over priced cards. At MSRP it is ok still.

I can't wait for the 100 people all selling a half dozen GPU's each and all of them claiming "these cards have never been mined with, I'm just selling them 'cuz I dont like them anymore".

:rolleyes:

I can't wait for the 100 people all selling a half dozen GPU's each and all of them claiming "these cards have never been mined with, I'm just selling them 'cuz I dont like them anymore".

I sold my cards as mining cards, they sold fine. Better to always be honest, and buy from people you trust.

I thought nvidia was releasing two different lines of cards. Turing or mining, and Ampere for gaming.

I think the problem is miners want some resale value. Coming out with graphics cards with no outputs kills that. Thats why I think it will fail again. Miners will rather grab gaming cards because they can atleast resell them. Unless ofcourse the Turing cards are much faster than gaming cards for mining. It will be a failed experiment.

I think the problem is miners want some resale value. Coming out with graphics cards with no outputs kills that. Thats why I think it will fail again. Miners will rather grab gaming cards because they can atleast resell them. <snip>. It will be a failed experiment.
As an ex miner, in total agreement. Sold most of my R9290 cards on ebay. Why would you limit your re-sale market? For a semi modest cut in price and get stuck with the cards when you are done? Nope.

Reactions: NKD
like this
The Titan shows as in stock for the moment if anyone wants/needs a $1200 card.

As an ex miner, in total agreement. Sold most of my R9290 cards on ebay. Why would you limit your re-sale market? For a semi modest cut in price and get stuck with the cards when you are done? Nope.

Honestly I wish I waited. I sold two of my rigs like 500-700 below what I maid for them. But then my last rig I sold each card for 600 lol! I didn't expect the prices to explode again! But still overall I came 80% of my original investment after I sold my parts. I still have the mining cases but I spent like 70 each on em so. Overall profits after paying electricity and selling my systems after mining for 5-6 months. lets just say atleast selling back my systems was all profit at the end haha.

Last edited:

So true. 100 might be an understatement.

I thought nvidia was releasing two different lines of cards. Turing or mining, and Ampere for gaming.
Would only have a possible market if it mined 2x as fast as a gaming card, and cost 1/2 as much, as they have no resale value.

Back