Green Man Gaming Black Friday Sale / up to 82% Off

The Steam sales model has created this strange PC price strategy where publishers keep original MSRP on titles indefinitely so the retailers can boast 80+% sales. I remember only noticing it with Call of Duty at one point and now it seems to be the standard.

Is Fallen Order for 21 bucks a good deal? I don't see it on sale very much...

Assuming I haven't played anything on this list or even gamed much at all for about a decade - any suggestion for must haves that are a good deal? Was thinking about getting Fallen Order, Star Wars Squadrons, Far Cry 5, Doom Eternal, maybe Rainbow Six Siege, hopefully some others as well.

Assuming I haven't played anything on this list or even gamed much at all for about a decade - any suggestion for must haves that are a good deal? Was thinking about getting Fallen Order, Star Wars Squadrons, Far Cry 5, Doom Eternal, maybe Rainbow Six Siege, hopefully some others as well.
I just got Doom Eternal a month ago for $29 and I feel like it was money well-spent.

I’m tempted by Star Wars Squadrons but the reviews I’ve read say it’ll disappoint anyone who’s looking for a modern X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter.

I just got Doom Eternal a month ago for $29 and I feel like it was money well-spent.

I’m tempted by Star Wars Squadrons but the reviews I’ve read say it’ll disappoint anyone who’s looking for a modern X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter.

I appreciate the feedback - I'll definitely get Doom Eternal then. I'm willing to take a chance on Star Wars Squadrons I think, even with the reviews about limited content, etc. I bought an inexpensive flight stick and would like to try it out with something before buying MS Flight Simulator.

Assasin's Creed Origins is it best played on PC or console as far as controls go?

Blasphemy.
I do not like using WASD to move though....always used mouse.
lol there is some truth to this. I have used Right Mouse Button to move forward in all games for the past 20+ years. I actually enjoy it, as I can both look, move, and shoot with one hand (my right). This allowed my left hand to dance around the keyboard as needed, especially in the left side of the kb. Also makes drinking a beer and moving easier too. W is used to jump. Space is interaction

RMB 4evar

lol there is some truth to this. I have used Right Mouse Button to move forward in all games for the past 20+ years. I actually enjoy it, as I can both look, move, and shoot with one hand (my right). This allowed my left hand to dance around the keyboard as needed, especially in the left side of the kb. Also makes drinking a beer and moving easier too. W is used to jump. Space is interaction

RMB 4evar
Interesting. I may have to try this.

Yeah just think about it, right now if you use WASD, your left middle finger is basically permanently attached to the W key at all times. This limits your hand to QWEASD keys. With RMB, your right middle finger is always pressed down, but your hand could still cover the mouse anyways so this isnt a problem. But now your left hand is free to press any key on the left side of the kb

Last edited:
Yeah just think about it, right now if you use WASD, your left index finger is basically permanently attached to the W key at all times. This limits your hand to QWEASD keys. With RMB, your right index finger is always pressed down, but your hand could still cover the mouse anyways so this isnt a problem. But now your left hand is free to press any key on the left side of the kb
Index finger on W!?

lol i have no idea what the finger names are. ill do a quick google and edit
edit: there, middle finger

lol i have no idea what the finger names are. ill do a quick google and edit
edit: there, middle finger
LOL - I spent a couple minutes with my hand on the keyboard trying to figure out how you could use your index finger on W and still hit the other necessary keys before I replied. Glad to see it was just the wrong finger listed and there wasn't some gaming technique I've missed all these years :LOL:

Yeah just think about it, right now if you use WASD, your left middle finger is basically permanently attached to the W key at all times. This limits your hand to QWEASD keys. With RMB, your right middle finger is always pressed down, but your hand could still cover the mouse anyways so this isnt a problem. But now your left hand is free to press any key on the left side of the kb
My middle finger isn't glued to W...I use it for S also, but you still have an interesting point.

Using E,S,D,F instead of W,S,A,D is good for opening up more keys around your movement, too. Depends on what type of game you're playing.

Using E,S,D,F instead of W,S,A,D is good for opening up more keys around your movement, too. Depends on what type of game you're playing.
Yeah, I do this because with the little tab on my F key it's easier to get my fingers back in proper position quickly if they get askew hitting a function key or something.

I'm tempted to pick up Star Wars: Squadrons for $21.59...anyone played it?...worth a buy if I loved the Starfighter Assault mode in Battlefront 2?

When i played quake1 in tournaments i would use YGHJ because right above Y is 6 and 7 which is rocket launcher and shaft. i played this ways for years until i got tired of remapping all game keys and just converted to WASD
it also has a bunch more neighboring keys to use pinky could easily take X and C were as on WASD it can pretty much only cove shift in horizontal movements.
using YGHJ also keepts you away from keys that uses esca sequences and thereby less likely to hit a maximum amount of keys held down at the same time. off cause in newer keyboard desings it is less of an issue

Last edited:
I'm tempted to pick up Star Wars: Squadrons for $21.59...anyone played it?...worth a buy if I loved the Starfighter Assault mode in Battlefront 2?
I play it on my pc and I enjoyed it. Really fun SP campaign, and the MP isn't bad. Devs are releasing a free update soon of being able to play B wing or tie defender

I use a xbox controller

I picked up Control + Death Stranding, doubt they'll be cheaper in Steam winter sale, plus got an additional 9% back from purchasing at GMG

Reactions: maro
like this
GMG seems to have the better prices of all the holiday sales as far as I can tell between Steam, Epic, and GoG.

got an additional 9% back from purchasing at GMG
I'm curious. Is this a 9% discount they're offering or is this from using a certain credit card?

GMG seems to have the better prices of all the holiday sales as far as I can tell between Steam, Epic, and GoG.

I'm curious. Is this a 9% discount they're offering or is this from using a certain credit card?
4% back from Rakuten for shopping at GMG + 5% back from my Chase card for paying via PayPal with it.

Reactions: maro
like this
Back