Man I hope this beautiful car makes it into the game at some point:
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/br...SCtdIvEu5QpGmciB4uupclaWKLJewpeosxrgwmhAifT2M

1641355958742.png

Fanatec has an official wheel for the game. Available now is the Express version that comes with standard 2-pedal base and 90W power supply. This otherwise looks like an affordable option for a direct drive wheel, with the package coming in at USD $850. There will be more packages available after the game launches that come with a 3-pedal set, load cell for the brake pedal, and a more powerful power supply to support more torque from the wheel base.

https://fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wh...ng-wheels/gran-turismo-dd-pro-express-version
I wonder if manual clutch will be as awful as it was in GT6, because then it's pointless to get a 3 pedal set for the game.

Personally, was very happy to see a Dodge Viper in some of the footage.

Also, love that they demoed performance customizations with a Slugbug! :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if they fixed the clutch that was awful in GT6.

The fact that the "official" GT7 wheel only has 2 pedals does not bode well.

I wonder if they fixed the clutch that was awful in GT6.

The fact that the "official" GT7 wheel only has 2 pedals does not bode well.
The Fanatec DD wheel has a 3-pedal option. The package on the last page is just the cheapest introductory option for the complete playable setup.

Reactions: M76
like this
The Fanatec DD wheel has a 3-pedal option. The package on the last page is just the cheapest introductory option for the complete playable setup.
Interesting, still I'm not going to jump on it blindly, the other red flag is that in the trailer they only mention the ps5 dualsense controller and nothing about steering wheel support, not even their licensed fanatec wheel.

Interesting, still I'm not going to jump on it blindly, the other red flag is that in the trailer they only mention the ps5 dualsense controller and nothing about steering wheel support, not even their licensed fanatec wheel.
The majority of people will be playing it with a controller. There is no reason to expect wheel support will be any less than it was in GT Sport. Wheel support has been fantastic in every Gran Turismo since GT4.

I’m tempted to order the DD Pro and then sell it when I’m done with GT7. I don’t think I can go back to my G29 after using a 20nm Mige.

Or maybe keep the DD Pro if it’s good and sell the Mige as it’s a pain to configure for some games.

GTPlanet has now accounted for 420 of the 428 cars launching with the game in their updated info page, along with every track but one.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-7/

The soundtrack listing was also revealed, with a remix of "Moon Over the Castle" performed by Bring Me the Horizon.

Gran Turismo Sophy Announced by Sony AI and Polyphony

The minds at Polyphony Digital and Sony AI have made a breakthrough in terms of Artificial Intelligence...this new breakthrough is a superhuman artificial intelligence agent that's capable of racing against top human Gran Turismo Drivers...this new venture in Artificial Intelligence is known as Gran Turismo Sophy...

https://ai.sony/blog/blog-016/

Last edited:
I can't wait until I start in 12th place in a two lap race against the absolute state of the art AI.

correct me if i'm wrong but did they not even mention gran turismo 7 in any of this new "sophy" marketing? i got the feeling it's something that'll be showcased in esports events, not the AI that we'll be playing against in the game...

correct me if i'm wrong but did they not even mention gran turismo 7 in any of this new "sophy" marketing? i got the feeling it's something that'll be showcased in esports events, not the AI that we'll be playing against in the game...

That’s what it seems like based on their Nature paper. There’s still regular old school in game AI.

I had to order the PS4 version :( There are still no PS5s available except at scalper prices. And fuck every one of them.

That’s what it seems like based on their Nature paper. There’s still regular old school in game AI.
It would probably require a second dedicated system just to run one of the ai, not 30 for a race.
And who wants to play against an unbeatable AI anyway?

I had to order the PS4 version :( There are still no PS5s available except at scalper prices. And fuck every one of them.

I ordered the PS5 Anniversary Edition before I could get my hands on a PS5 since it comes with the digital voucher code for the PS4 version. Hopefully game saves are transferrable, but then at least you'd have both.

You can upgrade the PS4 version to PS5 for $10 if you get a PS5 down the road.

I ordered the PS5 Anniversary Edition before I could get my hands on a PS5 since it comes with the digital voucher code for the PS4 version. Hopefully game saves are transferrable, but then at least you'd have both.
I didn't like the price of that. If I ever get my hands on a PS5, I'll just pay the upgrade which is $10.

i have a confession to make... i sold my PS5 and now i'm feeling serious regret :( needed money for Xmas gift shopping so that's just how the cookie crumbles, but... freakin' sucks nonetheless.

Official video of that leaked commercial I posted earlier. For 4K resolution.

Anyone pre order this?
My son really wants it and offered to split it with me since I'm mildly interested. I haven't really played a GT game pretty much since I was his age (18) on the PS2 with GT3&4 I think.

Funny enough my son has been playing a ton of GT4 on his PC (emulation of course) and even had and friends over to do a 24 hour marathon race where they switched out drivers/players throughout the race, hah. I was never quite that hardcore with it, though I did have a friend with GT3/4 on PS2 and we bought a link cable so we could play together on separate TVs and PS2s at the time, which was pretty cool.

So I guess this game may be the last big game my son will pay together before he ships off to basic training after school this summer.

Anyone pre order this?
I did. I even ordered a physical copy. Don't have a wheel for my PS5 yet, though. I'm still wrestling over whether I want to spend the big bucks on the Fanatec DD wheel or just settle for a Thrustmaster T248.

I did. I even ordered a physical copy. Don't have a wheel for my PS5 yet, though. I'm still wrestling over whether I want to spend the big bucks on the Fanatec DD wheel or just settle for a Thrustmaster T248.

I'm going to gold the license tests the old fashioned way, with the dualshock...although I guess it's the dualsense now. Amazon is showing delivery on Friday now for the disk.

Man I can usually do first events but then it’s always hard for me to progress in GT games. I had hoped that they would’ve added some assists and rewind button. Without it would be impossible for me to drive for very long.

Ordered and preloaded. My Fanatec DD Pro is still waiting on the load cell pedals to ship, luckily the base is in stock so it shouldn’t be too long. I guess I’ll be running with the G29 at launch.

Dang, DF already has their tech review out.

Yeah, embargo just dropped I guess.

Last edited:
sounds like it's exactly what i wanted out of gt7! kinda wish some more progress would have been made on the sound front but it's still pretty good. now to find another ps5 damnit.........

Back