GPU Suggestion for while I wait..

Stay out of the loop for other year or two if you wan't something decent without sacrificing a kidney

Never been to a Fry but from what I seen of them they seem like pretty big stores. The two microcenters by me are pretty small and tightly pack. I doubt they want to pay high ass rent for the big buildings.

Try newegg shuffle. Know someone who got lucky twice, EVGA RTX 3060 and EVGA RTX 3060Ti. Sold the 3060 for a profit after using it for a few months after they got the 3060Ti. They didn't get locked into bundles either. Prices weren't the greatest but worth looking into.

Reactions: Tobit
like this
Never been to a Fry but from what I seen of them they seem like pretty big stores. The two microcenters by me are pretty small and tightly pack. I doubt they want to pay high ass rent for the big buildings.
They were like HUGE, at least the ones went to.

Damnit, now the motherboard I wanted to order, the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi 6), is out of stock at the 'egg. Hopefully, it will return to stock on pay day but I better start looking at a plan B.

Damnit, now the motherboard I wanted to order, the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi 6), is out of stock at the 'egg. Hopefully, it will return to stock on pay day but I better start looking at a plan B.
I'd avoid newegg anyway if you can. They have gone downhill ever since the buyout.

I honestly believe most of us only buy anything from them is because the shuffle offers a (small) chance of getting a GPU.
I still read the product reviews on the egg. I trust them more than the ones on Amazon.

One recent development I don't like is all the third-party sellers on Newegg. Some of them are OK, but some of them have terrible feedback ratings.

I still read the product reviews on the egg. I trust them more than the ones on Amazon.

One recent development I don't like is all the third-party sellers on Newegg. Some of them are OK, but some of them have terrible feedback ratings.
Yeah I simply won't buy from 3rd party sellers on there. cyberreality is right their search is great but their customer support has really taken a dive from what others have reported.

The 3rd party sellers are weird. It's like having access to ebay type items, but at double the price in most cases.

If you can find an evga card, you can get in the step up queue while you wait.

There have been some evga 1660 cards around $350 that aren't too hard to come by.

I have an MSI RX 480 8GB Gaming X if you are interested. I don't have original box, got it from a coworker used. Mined on it since February. Undervolted and power reduced to 70 watts.

I have an MSI RX 480 8GB Gaming X if you are interested. I don't have original box, got it from a coworker used. Mined on it since February. Undervolted and power reduced to 70 watts.

900B937E-FAB4-4157-96B4-75110799EEBA.jpeg

44BBF443-028A-4337-AAB6-75E4236F3177.jpeg

like this
I used to have the same card, it was pretty good (or at least it was at the time). Still decent for a backup.

like this
I scored a 6600 xt today on newegg from a discord alert for $610. The crazy part is now I'm thinking "why did you do that? You dont need a gpu." Just caught up in the excitement. May just return it....

So yeah, you can find stuff.

I scored a 6600 xt today on newegg from a discord alert for $610. The crazy part is now I'm thinking "why did you do that? You dont need a gpu." Just caught up in the excitement. May just return it....

So yeah, you can find stuff.

cancel it?

cancel it?

They shipped it within a couple hours of me ordering it....I went to cancel it this evening and it had already shipped.

I may post it for sale for cost for a day or two before returning it or something. I don't know.

Just sell it here on the forum. Scalping is not allowed, but you can sell at cost or a little extra for your time.

Just sell it here on the forum. Scalping is not allowed, but you can sell at cost or a little extra for your time.
gotta get more posts before I'm allowed to on here...

There is also FB marketplace, etc.

and I'm not sure I could scalp a 6600xt anyway. I'm not sure anyone would give more than $650 anyway.

yup, I later came to my senses and thus I made the return comment.

And to be fair, the $610 was all in with shipping and sales tax. It's an XFX Merc308 for $570 before all the other stuff, so in line with roguecast. I have seen that roguecast one before and decided against it. Figured I'd try to find a 3060 with better ray tracing because I'm not in a hurry. Just the click fast to try and score one took over I guess.

But yeah, back to OP, with diligence, you can score something.

What card do you have now? And what res is your monitor? The 6600XT is a pretty decent card.

I have an RTX 3060 on my other machine. It's nice, I'm even able to run 4K with it (obviously with lower settings, but I can get 60fps).

The 6600XT should be slightly faster than a 3060, so you should be okay with it (outside ray tracing).

Sadly the AMD ray tracing is pretty bad right now. Definitely unusable on the mid-range cards. Even on the high-end, it leaves something to be desired.

I’ve seen a lot of 1080 Ti cards for 500-650 in the FS/FT forums, so $610 isn’t that bad given the insane demand for electronics and now shortages and rising costs of copper foil that gets sandwiched between PCB layers for motherboards and GPU boards. I think the prices are here to stay for a bit until demand let’s up. I just saw a video on YouTube comparing a 6600XT with a 1080 Ti and they basically trade blows at 1080p.

I picked up a 3060 Ti for not much more than that via a fellow forum member who posted that he had finally gotten an EVGA notify email so he bought it and shipped it to me. I plan to do the same whenever I finally get an email so someone can get a better deal than Newegg bundle price.

If you can find an evga card, you can get in the step up queue while you wait.

There have been some evga 1660 cards around $350 that aren't too hard to come by.

At this point, you're never going to get a step up if you get in the queue now. The step up queue is moving slower than the regular notify queue. Also EVGA stopped allowing people in the notify queue's the other day and stated that if you're in the queue it isn't even a guarantee you will get a card.

If you're not in the queue within 2 hours of it opening with the EVGA "elite" timeframe, you likely will never get a card.

What card do you have now? And what res is your monitor? The 6600XT is a pretty decent card.

I have an RTX 3060 on my other machine. It's nice, I'm even able to run 4K with it (obviously with lower settings, but I can get 60fps).

The 6600XT should be slightly faster than a 3060, so you should be okay with it (outside ray tracing).

Sadly the AMD ray tracing is pretty bad right now. Definitely unusable on the mid-range cards. Even on the high-end, it leaves something to be desired.

That's the thing...been looking at the ray tracing aspect of it, not that i've ever done anything with ray tracing. There are a few and 3060s locally at $600-700 and even a 3060ti lhr at $700. And there was recently something similar here on the buy sell.

I pretty much have one of everything except the new 5000 and newer AMD cards. But all of those are sitting in a corner trying to pay for themselves. I am reading this on a a 1080ti, although I have been considering trading my 1080ti for a 3080.

Son's machine had a 1070ti in it, but it mysteriously disappeared when it was paying for itself at the $3/day pace and the miner kept getting turned off. Flipped on the onboard graphics. It still plays Minecraft vanilla for him. And my wife has a gt630...but all she plays is cards online and minecraft for like five minutes when my son pleads with her to join so we can play as a family. I play the minecraft with him obviously. Then when I have the free few minutes, I like flight sim. Also have some old classics like age of empires. Flight sim is by far the most demanding thing on the repertoire and they haven't even instituted ray tracing yet.

I paid $700 for the RTX 3060 I got. Definitely a rip off (double MSRP) but, given the current circumstances, it's not the end of the world.

Didn't even try ray tracing on it, since I'm running at 4K and that is already so demanding I need to drop to mid/low settings on new games.

DLSS helps though, especially on Cyberpunk 2077 and other games that don't support FSR yet.

like this
I paid $700 for the RTX 3060 I got. Definitely a rip off (double MSRP) but, given the current circumstances, it's not the end of the world.

Didn't even try ray tracing on it, since I'm running at 4K and that is already so demanding I need to drop to mid/low settings on new games.

DLSS helps though, especially on Cyberpunk 2077 and other games that don't support FSR yet.
Wait, you bought TWO scalped cards?

yup, I later came to my senses and thus I made the return comment
I don't know if Newegg has changed their policy but you can refuse delivery. That way NE will auto refund you and you don't have to deal with selling it. Check first though.

I don't know if Newegg has changed their policy but you can refuse delivery. That way NE will auto refund you and you don't have to deal with selling it. Check first though.

That might actually work as long as he refuse delivery of any bundles.

Playing games at 1440 with an APU is quite a stretch. Even 1080 can be tough in some games with the 5700g, but, depends on what you play, you can get by till better prices and stock exist.
For some reason so many people get the wrong impression of apu's and think that they are a good solution for a low end videocard. They aren't. They're just a solution for NO videocard, or the LOWEST END VIDEO CARD MONEY CAN BUY.

If you're buying an apu, you'll be targeting 720p gaming with reduced settings. Anything more than that and the frames start to tank fast. There will be exceptions where you can pull in more fps or resolutions on much less demanding games, but they are the exception, not the rule.

For some reason so many people get the wrong impression of apu's and think that they are a good solution for a low end videocard. They aren't. They're just a solution for NO videocard, or the LOWEST END VIDEO CARD MONEY CAN BUY.

If you're buying an apu, you'll be targeting 720p gaming with reduced settings. Anything more than that and the frames start to tank fast. There will be exceptions where you can pull in more fps or resolutions on much less demanding games, but they are the exception, not the rule.
Ok....

Back