GPU Mining Cases (1300W PSU + Case + CPU/mobo combo) - $550

Should have stamped a /s on that :LOL:

This is a dangerous case since it uses SATA powered risers. Always go PCIe powered.

Edit: Good catch xenium That's crazy.

Hmm.. yeah, looked like they could've been molex to me but the cases I bought elsewhere came with sata connectors for the risers. But the risers themselves still accepted molex as well. These look like they could be different.

Last edited:
I was questioning just how dry your sense of humor might be before I posted that...

If you really want to have an aneurism check this out. It blows me away people this dumb are running 7+ figure farms and offering hosting

youtube.com/watch?v=8NnV0jm3SP0
lol man one sata cable to one riser powering an Nvidia card might be okay but he's rocking one sata cable to two risers :eek:

Look again. In fact, it actually looks like the far right sata connector is bubbled/melted. Hard to tell from shitty ebay pics though, it could just be a blemish.

View attachment 433279

Actually, it's probably likely those are melted areas, as the far left blemish above the 12v/ground lead, and the spot on the right is the second ground lead

Not too bad of a deal, but Id factor in 4x G2 4 pin molex leads and some molex risers to ditch the sata's. Even then, Ive still burned up molex cables/risers before, and only trust/use 6 pin pcie's, but I digress.

When you burnt up the molex risers did you have more than 2 connect to a single molex cable running from the PSU? I know a lot of PSUs I have have about 3 or so molex connectors per cable but I don't think the cable itself is rated for 75W per connector continuously.

Ive burned up the PSU end of a molex chain running 2x RX470's and Ive burned up the molex end (4 pin) running only a single vega 56. It's never safe to use, no matter what anyone says or tells you. It might "work", but one shitty crimp or enough current/resistance in a connector is enough to burn your rig/house down.

Fun fact, this was a quality 6 pin splitter powering a pair of 5700xt risers. With 6 pin PCIE you have a lot more headroom for safety/failure. Now imagine this bad crimp was on a molex/sata cable with only 1 12v/ground line (instead of 3 with pcie)

You won't catch something like this with a $15 IR temp gun.

View attachment 433615View attachment 433616

Good stuff, I burned a molex cable connector at the PSU side trying to power a couple risers from one strand of molex cable to a couple 5700XT.... I learned real fast to only do PCI-E to risers for AMD or at max one Sata cable from PSU to low-power Nvidia cards if absolutely needed.

Surprisingly a 5700XT draws 75 watts from the riser alone.... more than it draws from the PCI-E power cables.

So I haven't been doing any hardcore mining since around 4 years ago, I remember having usb 3.0 risers that were powered from sata. Are you saying I should not do this in the future? Or at most, only use one riser per series of sata connectors coming from my PSU?

So if I have 6 sata power ports on my PSU, 3 on each strand, I should use a max of 2 risers?

Back