Gotham Knights

Not true. It's been problematic in many games over the years. It doesn't generally cause frame rate issues as much as inducing stuttering or flat in out crashing the game or preventing it from running. It's the Norton Antivirus of the copy protection world.

It's very much a game-by-game thing. In some games it has barely any effect at all, while in others it's far more noticeable. Seems to come down to how well optimized a game is already and how the developers implement the checks.

20221102004620_1.jpg

Suppose to run right though this part but I stopped cause it was the cops and got shot at lol.

Pretty good FPS on the Batcycle maybe the latest patch fixed it game looks really good.

I bought an Intel ARC card and it came bundled with Gotham Knights, MW2, Ghostbusters, The Settlers, and some productivity software.
I own all of the other Batman Games but have never played any of them. Should I play any of the others before trying out Gotham Knights?
1667373900546.png

Wow 4 games that is crazy it's up to you!!!
Ya, it's a nice bundle. The promo is MW2 and 3 of 5 productivity titles, but 4 of the titles are full version subscriptions for 3 months to 1 year depending on the title. Topaz is the full version that you own for life.
I got an email a few hours after claiming MW2 and Topaz with the additional 3 games, The Settlers doesn't come out till later this year so that is why it isn't in the image above.
1667380218145.png

Played some Co-op it's ok got 2 upgrade points out of it. The FPS was all over the place with Co-Op though.

I bought an Intel ARC card and it came bundled with Gotham Knights, MW2, Ghostbusters, The Settlers, and some productivity software.
I own all of the other Batman Games but have never played any of them. Should I play any of the others before trying out Gotham Knights?

do you need an ARC GPU to redeem the code or can they be resold and used on any GPU?

do you need an ARC GPU to redeem the code or can they be resold and used on any GPU?
If I recall correctly you need to click on the link, which takes you to your Intel account, which you then activate, which generates another link that takes you to the actual product code. This is how it was when I bought my 9900K.

If I recall correctly you need to click on the link, which takes you to your Intel account, which you then activate, which generates another link that takes you to the actual product code. This is how it was when I bought my 9900K.

yeah that's how it works with AMD CPU game codes...but I was wondering if maybe Intel did things differently...with Nvidia and AMD GPU's I believe the codes only unlock if your system currently has a specific GPU installed

It's not connected to the Arkham quintology.
No, but Gotham Knights does borrow heavily from the basic gameplay and style of the Arkham series. I think playing Arkham Knight in particular before Gotham Knights would be a bad idea as it would shame the latter in just about every way. Visually, quality wise, interface, etc. The story is subjective of course and although I absolutely despise the end of Arkham Knight I'd say its a much stronger game.

Don't need the GPU installed. Gotham Knights gave me a Steam Key and Ghostbusters game me an EPIC key, but MW2 required logging into battle.net through the Intel website to activate the game.
So you can sell all the games, but MW2 would require the buyer to give you access to their battle.net credentials, or you give them access to your Intel login.

1667406773000.png

No, but Gotham Knights does borrow heavily from the basic gameplay and style of the Arkham series. I think playing Arkham Knight in particular before Gotham Knights would be a bad idea as it would shame the latter in just about every way. Visually, quality wise, interface, etc. The story is subjective of course and although I absolutely despise the end of Arkham Knight I'd say its a much stronger game.

I thought the story in Arkham Knight was better than Arkham City...the Jason Todd reveal was pretty obvious for Batman fans but was still well done...it was the other aspects of Knight that I found a bit lacking- the Batmobile, the Knightfall Protocol ending grind etc

I thought the story in Arkham Knight was better than Arkham City...the Jason Todd reveal was pretty obvious for Batman fans but was still well done...it was the other aspects of Knight that I found a bit lacking- the Batmobile, the Knightfall Protocol ending grind etc
All three main Arkham games had great stories IMO. I'll even include Origins onto that list.

All three main Arkham games had great stories IMO. I'll even include Origins onto that list.
I just hate how the Joker is the central villain in all of them. He shouldn't have even been in Arkham Knight.

I just hate how the Joker is the central villain in all of them. He shouldn't have even been in Arkham Knight.

I think the Joker hallucinations could have worked in AK if they actually led to Batman figuring out that Jason is the Knight a little earlier. I like the concept of those hallucinations tapping into Bruce's subconscious and feeding him hints to the Knight's identity but it still ends up making the "worlds smartest detective" look dumb when it takes the entire bloody game for him to figure it out. Seeing Batman solve the mystery was one of the best things about the Under the Red Hood storyline, it really built up Bruce's abilities as a detective and also did a great job leaning into his failure with Jason. AK fails on both accounts.

I didn't like the Joker hallucination parts of Arkham Knight...seems like they didn't want to let go of the Joker character or Mark Hamill and shoehorned him into Arkham Knight

I didn't like the Joker hallucination parts of Arkham Knight...seems like they didn't want to let go of the Joker character or Mark Hamill and shoehorned him into Arkham Knight
This is my take as well. It's as though Rocksteady wasn't confident in their ability to write a story without the Joker in it.

Guys, I am still wondering if I should pick up this game? Any ideas on if worth playing for the story? Is the FPS fixed?

If you liked the previous games but it's cool because Batman isn't the main character. CD Keys it's like 15.99 off it's not a disaster like people claim the FPS is good on my 3070 they fixed it last week. Multiplayer is a good way to level.

Last edited:
Raytracing is basically a no-go. No matter what you do, it'll stutter.

It's not that bad as long as you turn that off, although the massive frame drops/swings while moving around the city fast is still miserable.

I don't know how this game runs so bad considering AK looks so much better and runs better.

I don't know how this game runs so bad considering AK looks so much better and runs better.
Developer skill matters. While most of us won't ever be Carmack, you still can do more with less if you're a good dev team.

Ya, it's a nice bundle. The promo is MW2 and 3 of 5 productivity titles, but 4 of the titles are full version subscriptions for 3 months to 1 year depending on the title. Topaz is the full version that you own for life.
I got an email a few hours after claiming MW2 and Topaz with the additional 3 games, The Settlers doesn't come out till later this year so that is why it isn't in the image above.
View attachment 523551
Arkham Knight is arguably my favorite game of all time. It immersed me the most into it as if I had jumped into the comic books. The graphics and the world Of Gotham city is breathtaking. I gladly sank 60 hours into it and wanted more. This is coming from someone who rarely sinks time into story mode games. Highly recommend Batman Arkham knight even if it isn't perfect and the final boss fight wasn't amazing anti climactic the rest is too good the ambiance of Gotham and the cut scenes and action are all outstanding especially the fighting system which is a signature of the Arkham series. It's the closest thing to feeling like you have jumped into Batman's boots. Just flying around Gotham discovering crimes clean up bad guys figure out detective work and riddles take down bosses it is just a great time.

the Digital Foundry video on the PC version did a nice job explaining it...the game is heavily CPU reliant and the developers did a poor job optimizing it...

Has anyone completed GK here?
I completed the main story lines. What remains is just the grindy bits. I've also not found any epic gear drops or unlocked the majority of the transmog suits. There's also the three other characters to play with so there's still something to do.

I completed the main story lines. What remains is just the grindy bits. I've also not found any epic gear drops or unlocked the majority of the transmog suits. There's also the three other characters to play with so there's still something to do.

how did you find the main story?...I hear it's the best part of the game- the interactions and personal stories of the characters are also a highlight...it's everything else around that which is subpar- combat, graphics etc

how did you find the main story?...I hear it's the best part of the game- the interactions and personal stories of the characters are also a highlight...it's everything else around that which is subpar- combat, graphics etc
I played through the game as Batgirl and I found her main storyline to be good (not great). I personally don't think this game is worth the current asking price but I recommend it at around $30 - $40.

I played through the game as Batgirl and I found her main storyline to be good (not great). I personally don't think this game is worth the current asking price but I recommend it at around $30 - $40.

you didn't switch to any other character?

you didn't switch to any other character?
Not yet... to many games are out right now for me to go back and grind through Gotham Knights with the other 3 characters. I'll come back to it in a month or two.

Not yet... to many games are out right now for me to go back and grind through Gotham Knights with the other 3 characters. I'll come back to it in a month or two.

I don't mean a new playthrough...I meant within that same playthrough as Batgirl you didn't switch back and forth between characters?...you played Batgirl all the way through?

I don't mean a new playthrough...I meant within that same playthrough as Batgirl you didn't switch back and forth between characters?...you played Batgirl all the way through?
Yes, I just played as Batgirl. No switching in my playthrough. The issue is that once you switch to another character you have to grind for about 2 hours to unlock all their abilities before you start having real fun with them. I wasn't in the mood to do that.

Sale price collapsed to $32 on Eneba today. The game is nearly 50% Off less than a month after release.

Yes, I just played as Batgirl. No switching in my playthrough. The issue is that once you switch to another character you have to grind for about 2 hours to unlock all their abilities before you start having real fun with them. I wasn't in the mood to do that.
2 hours of grinding isn't that bad tho? As much as I loved the Arkham games (i'm still playing arkham origins) the grind to unlock all of their abilities takes tons of hours? or am i missing something?

2 hours of grinding isn't that bad tho? As much as I loved the Arkham games (i'm still playing arkham origins) the grind to unlock all of their abilities takes tons of hours? or am i missing something?
There was never any grinding required to beat any of the Arkham games.

Back