Got my XFX geforce 7950 GX2 XXX Edition this morning

Manoj

Gawd
Got my XFX Geforce 7950GX2 XXX Edition this morning.

Will be installing it tonight.

Is there any website where I can post pictures online?

oh baby...... i want one.... how much does one of those thigns go for?? where did you find it?? QUICK MAN THINK I GOTTA KNOW THESE THINGS!!!!

If you'd like some hosting, just email me the photos at [email protected] and I'll reply with the links. This goes for all [H] users who think they'll need more bandwidth than imageshack allows.

How were you able to get one already? I must have missed the post were you said you worked for Nvidia or AEG? ;)

Coolmanluke said:
How were you able to get one already? I must have missed the post were you said you worked for Nvidia or AEG? ;)

Even in my small country some shops have it in stock.

aaaaawwwww I want one of those SOO BAD! regardless of its thousands of driver problems, two PCB (stupid) design, i want one!

Apple740 said:

germany? england? France! Denmark? Spain?! Mexico? Cuba? India? China? Japan!? Tiwan? Korea?! its asian isnt it! Hongkong! ...uh, uhh... Japanistan!

what shops? Nvidia is in the states, XFX is in the states! why would they sell it anywhere else first >.<

Apple740 said:

You are forgetting that the head office of XFX is in Hong Kong. Pine Technology Hong Kong Ltd.

Also all Nvidia and ATI cards are built in China.

Manoj said:
You are forgetting that the head office of XFX is in Hong Kong. Pine Technology Hong Kong Ltd.

Also all Nvidia and ATI cards are built in China.

damnit... i knew it, he ran into the HONG KONG building and stole a 7950... cats outta the bad now, if you dont buy me one ill rat you out!

hahaha.... yea. the core is designed in States, the designes are sent to China, chips are manufactured, they then go to Tiawan, where they're stuck on PCBs, then Shipped over to one of three places: MY city (Vancouver), Seattle, or LA.

Will that thing fit in your case?? It's a long-ass video card :p

Question: do you need a specific type of mobo for that card, or will any current gen mobo do? I just assumed bigger card meant bigger slot :rolleyes:

Wait nvm, i just answered my own question...you're using an M2N32

im gettin that in my new rig...SO I COULD GO GX2!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

manoj, do you have extra room in your hong kong residence? :p

DoomRulz said:
Will that thing fit in your case?? It's a long-ass video card :p

Question: do you need a specific type of mobo for that card, or will any current gen mobo do? I just assumed bigger card meant bigger slot :rolleyes:

nope. PCI-e 16X is infact faster then PCI-X (that long PCI slot....)

not to mention, the average core only uses 8 of those available 16 lanes.

I would like to know price, and do I need to have an nForece SLi chipset to run one???

MrWizard6600 said:
aaaaawwwww I want one of those SOO BAD! regardless of its thousands of driver problems, two PCB (stupid) design, i want one!

It's not one card. It's two bolted together and hooked up via. sli. The only reason to buy this is so you can buy two and use quad sli. Otherwise you might as well just run two 7900GT's in normal SLI.

Obi_Kwiet said:
It's not one card. It's two bolted together and hooked up via. sli. The only reason to buy this is so you can buy two and use quad sli. Otherwise you might as well just run two 7900GT's in normal SLI.

The card may look cheap but it IS cheaper then buying 2 seperate 7900GTX cards. :)

To be honest, i dont really see the point of these cards unless you are building a quad sli rig, as they are slower than normal 7900gtxs, and if you are only going to have 1 set of 7950's, then you would be better off getting 2 7900gtxs, as long as you were guaranteed to get a working pair of 7900gtx's that is.

All in all, i think its a waste if you are only using them for normal sli, quad sli is a different story.

but more power to the Op for being one of the first to get a set and hopefully the problems that are common with the 7900 series is fixed with the 7950's.

post some pics of that bad boy when you have it up n running ;)

Ockie said:
manoj, do you have extra room in your hong kong residence? :p

LMAO

[H]ardware w[H]ore :p

Manoj! &#25105;&#24314;&#35696;&#24744;&#21147;&#37327;&#24744;&#30340;&#38450;&#31142;&#12290;&#20154;&#20497;&#23559;&#35373;&#27861;&#25343;&#36208;&#24744;&#30340;&#21345;&#29255;&#30001;&#29289;&#29702;&#25110;&#24615;&#21147;&#37327;!!

Obi_Kwiet said:
Seems to me. That if u have one of these it would be better than two 7900GT's.

Why?

Because it would free up a PCI express x16 slot for other things. However, I dont know if running one of the 7950's prevents you from using the other x16 slot on SLi mobo's.

Geforce-7950GX2-Installed.JPG

not that big at all
wonder how much heat it puts out or what the specs are. I was gonna get a 7900gtx but with all the probs i might just pass on it
looks good

Obi_Kwiet said:

I don't think they are full on desktop GPU's (think they are mobil GPU) so two real 7900GTX's might make more sense and still no HDR+AA.

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting one, maybe two of these, not that one would really be an improvement over my 7800 512 GTX's I would imgine, however there is another advantage, I can free up a PCI slot.

So bring on the benches please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My question is, who going to be first one to get watercooling on them? :D Im sure it can be done, just need to find the right parts and what not.

Hey Manoj, seriously man, where did you get yours from???

I tried searching on the XFX website for '7950 GX2' and got no results :confused:

Did you pre-order it from NVIDIA directly or something?

Lazy_Moron said:
My question is, who going to be first one to get watercooling on them? :D Im sure it can be done, just need to find the right parts and what not.

Alienware sell quad sli which is water cooled, all 4 cards are water cooled along with the cpu, they also use a pelt just too keep things that lil bit cooler. looks real nice....

DoomRulz said:
Hey Manoj, seriously man, where did you get yours from???

I tried searching on the XFX website for '7950 GX2' and got no results :confused:

Did you pre-order it from NVIDIA directly or something?

No I didn't get it from Nvidia.

XFX will have info on the cards on 6th June 2006.

the 7950GX2 is showing up at distros in canada(at least they are listing it)
it seems to be about 50-100bux more then a 7900GTX and roughtly double a 7900GT
the highest XXX version ships at 570/1400

Back