got about 1000 to spend.

P

ProjectChaos

Hey guys,

I've got about 1000$ to spend because my x800xt is going to take up the other 500 I had. (they can fit in SFF can't they?). Looking for an A64 system, also I have an Audigy2zs that I'd like to be able to fit in there as well. Any help with coming up with this sytem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There is an amd 64 posts which would be useful to read. Its the one I started had links to all the amd 64 small forms I could find. Also look at the G5 post, its got a very sexxy socket 939 ;)

The xt should fit in all as well as your sound card. Most have a single pci slot

You willing to wait until socket 939 becomes available? And other specifics like two hard drives etc.?

If you have 1000 dollars to spend, do not get the socket 939 A64s. That A64 3500+ starts around 500. Then you have the new G5 series that will probably be around 280+. Then you will probably want to get some dual channel memory, and after that you would have no money for optical drives and hard disks.

The x800xt Plats will work fine in a shuttle, and your Audigy2 Zs will be great too.

If you want a decently priced system:

Shuttle SN85G4 Version 2 (its the only shuttle A64 model, right now)
A64 3200+ 1Meg cache (The price of the 3400 1mb may not justify the 200mhz speed diff)
1GB PC3200 memory from crucial, corsair, mushkin (I know corsair works)
200GB Seagate 7200.7 (for quietness)
your x800xt
your Audigy 2 ZS
Black DVD burner 8x, Liteon or plextor (both great, and they are on each extreme of the price scale)

Then your choice of speakers, mice, keyboard, monitor.
I'm sure others will make their suggestions.

good luck,
Victor

Back