Google replaced the White Noise on Nest speakers so people can't sleep

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
In case you didn't know, Google Assistant devices like the Nest Hub can play white noise ambient sound to help you or your young ones get to sleep. However, multiple users have noticed that Google recently changed that to something that loops more frequently and has a muffled sound, according to 9to5Google. As a result, they and their infants and toddlers are apparently losing sleep over it.
"White noise" is among the 14 ambient noises available from Google Assistant, along with "babbling brook," "fireplace," "ocean" and others. You can play them for up to 12 hours if not disabled by a sleep timer, and the 2nd-gen Nest Hub has an "auto-off" feature that turns off the sound once you fall asleep.

https://www.engadget.com/google-cha...evices-and-users-are-not-happy-125022202.html

FFS, just buy a cheap stereo alarm clock that can play media files/CDs and blare some Anthrax, WASP, Static-X, Megadeth, Pantera, and White Zombie...if they can't fall asleep to such comforting sweet sounds, then that's not the problem.

Could be my english language very low skill, but isn't the word so in that sentence a bit strange ?

Weakness. OH NO I NEED A NOISE TO SLEEP.

GROW.

UP.

I mean, they are talking about children.

A lot of people use white noise to help keep their kids asleep when there are other noises around the house after bedtime. (cooking, dishes, cleaning, TV, etc.)

This becomes especially useful for those living in tight spaces like apartments in cities.

Anyone who has ever had a kid knows that somet I'll mes bedtime can be difficult, and blocking out surrounding distracting noises can be very useful.

I mean, they are talking about children.

A lot of people use white noise to help keep their kids asleep when there are other noises around the house after bedtime. (cooking, dishes, cleaning, TV, etc.)

This becomes especially useful for those living in tight spaces like apartments in cities.

Anyone who has ever had a kid knows that somet I'll mes bedtime can be difficult, and blocking out surrounding distracting noises can be very useful.
I have had 7 children in my life. None have needed white noise. It becomes habitual and you're creating a dependency. It's like parents giving their kids melatonin to sleep. If you do it regularly then they always need it.

Teach your kids to get it together.

Could be again my bad english, but I feel you responded to the wrong message here.
I see what you are asking. The word "SO" makes it sound like their intention was to cause people not to sleep. Some people use the word SO in the place where 'as a result' would be better suited.

Luxury. When I was a lad we didn't have "white noise" generators, we had our parents screaming at each other until two in the morning, then the downstairs neighbors got home from the pub and started screaming at each other until well after it was time for us to go to school.

Kids these days don't know how good they've got it.

Ron Swanson with confused look: You purchased a machine that replicates the sound of an open window...

Luxury. When I was a lad we didn't have "white noise" generators, we had our parents screaming at each other until two in the morning, then the downstairs neighbors got home from the pub and started screaming at each other until well after it was time for us to go to school.

Kids these days don't know how good they've got it.

Uphill both ways in the snow.

Got it.

wow, a lot of yelling at clouds in this thread.

A Google device that people had bought had a feature that people had come to rely on; Google silently broke that feature for no apparent reason and now it has the opposite of its intended effect. Seems reasonable that those who own one and used the feature would be annoyed that the feature no longer works 🤔

My mom said her system would be to vacuum the house at like 2 AM when I was little and insisted on being active nocturnally. Knocked me right out, she said.

wow, a lot of yelling at clouds in this thread.

A Google device that people had bought had a feature that people had come to rely on; Google silently broke that feature for no apparent reason and now it has the opposite of its intended effect. Seems reasonable that those who own one and used the feature would be annoyed that the feature no longer works 🤔
I thought that's why people bought Google devices? Because it's always nice to know that if you like anything it does, it will only be temporary. :rolleyes:

Weakness. OH NO I NEED A NOISE TO SLEEP.

GROW.

UP.
indeed. These people should have had their hearing destroyed as young children. That way they would simply hear a constant high pitch hiss, all day, every day, and every night, just like me. Dont need any of that sissy white noise.

Back