Google Chrome 79, won't download files

nekrosoft13

[H]ard|Gawd
Started about two days ago, my google chrome dev channel version 79, won't download files on one system.

I have exactly same build/channel installed on about 6 other PCs, and all other PCs are fine.
Just one one PC (the main one), when I click on download link the first time, it adds it to the download list, but nothing happens, it just sits there at 0kb/s at 0%, if I remove the file from the list, it disappears, if I click on a different download link, then nothing happens, it won't show up in the download list.

If I try closing chrome, i will get a message, are you sure you want to close while you are downloading files, if I click no, it will take me to download list, and its empty, then hit close again, I get the message again, are you sure, you want to close while downloading files...

I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling made no difference.

Anyone else had this problem before?

Started about two days ago, my google chrome dev channel version 79, won't download files on one system.

I have exactly same build/channel installed on about 6 other PCs, and all other PCs are fine.
Just one one PC (the main one), when I click on download link the first time, it adds it to the download list, but nothing happens, it just sits there at 0kb/s at 0%, if I remove the file from the list, it disappears, if I click on a different download link, then nothing happens, it won't show up in the download list.

If I try closing chrome, i will get a message, are you sure you want to close while you are downloading files, if I click no, it will take me to download list, and its empty, then hit close again, I get the message again, are you sure, you want to close while downloading files...

I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling made no difference.

Anyone else had this problem before?
pretty much why i just stick with offical builds

not quite related, but similar in context

I not blame OP for maybe going "not official" non beta etc

as my RTM Agesa on new motherboard is NOT stable like the NOT offical one was..i.e V12 bios (before was first listed) was tanked, they put up v13 and v14 basic same day..sadly, the one I got from their Repository (the V12/13 I saved just in case) has been the most stable +/- highest performing one, besides the 2nd Agesa release for this (not day 1 Agesa version, but RTM 1.0.0.3 (after this is when went A..AAB etc.

the one thing I wish Chrome did by DEFAULT is keep 2 copy of bookmark etc, just in case a bad delete etc not have to go through ringer to "maybe" save what is far far too easy to be doing .. something I have not really seen a way to prevent.. either open enough to allow add things or total lockdown (many things not work proper)

:(

Back