Goodwill store treasure

Randy6309

Weaksauce
Good will store treasure. My daughter has been wanting a upgrade and likes White
She is still on a LGA1151 . I have most of the components for a LGA1200
Found this.
Lian Li LI PC-O11 Dynamic EVO
Still in the retail box. Wonder why it ended up in a goodwill store.

Attachments

• 947C000E-2F90-4A36-96A3-42A10F9EED96.jpeg
    947C000E-2F90-4A36-96A3-42A10F9EED96.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Good will store treasure. My daughter has been wanting a upgrade and likes White
Found this.
My guess is someone planned on a new build but $$ got tight and some quick cash was needed. That person's hard luck was good luck for your little girl. (y)

Good find. All the Goodwill in my area have been completely devoid of anything PC related for years.

"Wonder why it ended up in a goodwill store."

Probably because nobody in the back recognized it as something desirable. Around here all the Goodwill are nothing but junk since anything worthwhile dropped off is funneled back to a central location and sold at auctions, or whatever. Know a few people who have worked there and saw this first hand. Forced to be there without pay because their court ordered community service demanded it. Which is topic of another discussion.

Yep. I love thirft stores. half the shit I own is from thrift shops. XD

Yeah, there's three kinds of thrift store pricing. Don't know what this shit is, $5. All computer cases, $25. I know what I got, MSRP+$20.

Kind of fun to get the first one, but it's lovely to have the consistency of the second one. I miss having a good computer thrift store near me :(

Found this.
Next week, stop by and see if they have any 7000 series video cards still in the box. :D

Jeez... someone at that store definitely did some research with that one. I am wondering if it was brought there by an employee as an "inside job".

True, just not the typical thrift store deal people think of when they go to goodwill and buy a $100+ Polo sweater for $4.
this^^^, its not what we were expecting at all.
i scored a $100 adidas jacket for $5CAN once, at salvation army though, still had the price tag on it.

this^^^, its not what we were expecting at all.
i scored a $100 adidas jacket for $5CAN once, at salvation army though, still had the price tag on it.

Over the years I have had some incredible deals like that
200.00 pair of boots with tag $25.00
Seiko dive watch watch 10.00
Needed a top quality white case for a build. And saving a 100.00 plus is
Awesome in this crappy economy.

It ended up at goodwill because that person didn't care for trying to sell it and didn't want it sitting in the house. I've gave tons of cloths and other stuff to goodwill as I didn't care to try to sell them. I rather give them to good will than risk getting robbed trying to sell it locally.

Last edited:
I totally get it. I've done this sort of thing myself. It can be tough to sell a case (even a new one), and my damned trash company won't pick one up. It doesn't matter if it's empty, you label it as empty, and you leave the case wide open. They won't touch it. You pretty much have to hide it in a giant box, which I didn't happen to have. I eventually just donated it just to get it out of the house. You're hopefully also making someone else's day.

Last year, I went to GW and bought a few things, one of which was a medium sized box of what I thought were just misc old computer parts....

Turned out that in the middle of all the useless, antique nics, sound cards, DDR1 ram etc there were 8x BRAND NEW 256GB m.2 drives, still in their plastic shells....all for only $20

I donated 3 of them to a local church that was updating their computers, and sold the rest for a few $$ :D

I once got an old P III HP from a thrift shop for $8 and it had a Voodoo card in it and worked great. I used it for a few years and sent it to the recyclers. It was old then but the retro movement hadn’t come into play yet. If I still had it, I bet I could get $200 for it

I've gotten some steals on Goodwill.com cases for local pickuo.

Last year, picked up TWO Thermaltake Level 71 cases for $22 each. Worth the hour drive to pick them up.

tt-CASE2.jpg

Last month, got a deal (not as good as the above) on a Corsair case.

tt-CASE3.jpg

Awesome find!

When I used to live in Houston, Goodwill was always my side hustle. I found so many things that I'd sell on ebay and make massive profits. I'm talking about buying something for $3-9 and selling it for $200-300 on ebay.

Rarely ever dealt with electronics from thee though.

Back