[GOG] Corridor 7: Alien Invasion (free till ?)

I remember buying this game in the 90s for like 10 dollars and it sucked then. Still some neat nostalgia since it uses the wolf3d engine if I remember right.

Reactions: Xrave
like this
Tried two German locations on my VPN and shows up as -35% off so it may be expired.

Regardless thanks for the heads up!

Tried two German locations on my VPN and shows up as -35% off so it may be expired.

Just tried again from my VPN's Frankfurt location. Deal seems to still be valid.
1635139241359.png

Shows -100% but add to cart and the full discount vanishes. :-(

I remember this game, played a shareware copy in 1995. Those sound effects will forever live in my mind especially that female voice saying "elevator clearance acquired" (yeah I played on the easier levels!), "health chamber activated".

is this based off the CD or disk version?

always loved this game but the CD version actually ruined it by adding 10 extra terrible maps to the end of it.

Interesting so I created an account and got it for free and downloaded it.
It installs and sets up a DOSbox profile to run on any system. Neat.
Running a 27 year old game makes one appreciate where tech has taken us!
Now I need a version of ROTT like this. With a sound canvas MIDI dump! 🙃

Interesting so I created an account and got it for free and downloaded it.
It installs and sets up a DOSbox profile to run on any system. Neat.
Running a 27 year old game makes one appreciate where tech has taken us!
Now I need a version of ROTT like this. With a sound canvas MIDI dump! 🙃
There is a newer kinda meh version of ROTT on steam i have it like i said its kinda Meh

ROTT brings back some memories. Used to play DM ROTT after hours in tech support back in the 90s. Good stuff!

is that a knock off from Blake Stone? LOL
Nah. Blake Stone's got a sorta cheeky Jet Age idea of the future with some mild espionage intrigue. There are informants and mission elements to find within maps - all basic, but a little more than Wolfenstein 3-D managed. It deserves more love than it historically got.

Corridor 7 came out first, and it's just a run 'n gun in an underground military base that's been taken over by aliens. Later on - and especially in the CD version - you end up going to the alien homeworld, but it's basically a reskin of the same types of orthogonal environments. A lot of the difficulty settings amount to how many of the monsters in the map need to be killed before you move on to the next one. Some minor changes have been made to the Wolf3D engine - among them a constant level of darkness instead of constant full brightness, as well as selectable night vision to see environment hazards - but by any modern criteria it's simple. I've always had a soft spot for Corridor 7; it's probably Capstone's most consistent FPS. Witchaven's one I'll offer a mild defense for as the Roger Corman mockbuster answer to Heretic, but Capstone's other FPSes were mostly trash.

Last edited:
ROTT brings back some memories. Used to play DM ROTT after hours in tech support back in the 90s. Good stuff!
The music (MIDI) soundtrack was awesome on both my Turtle Beach Multisound and Sound Canvas boards. FM was just OK.
Loved the "hand of god" mode! All those MF'rs yelling DIE, one toss and yep, they all died alright! 🙃

Back