GN is delidding the new Ryzen APUs

That video made me cringe because of the potential pin damage. I'm at work and can't hear the audio, so maybe he covered that.
It might be better to get a cheap AM4 board and try to work on it while locked down in the socket.

That video made me cringe because of the potential pin damage. I'm at work and can't hear the audio, so maybe he covered that.
It might be better to get a cheap AM4 board and try to work on it while locked down in the socket.

or just not doing it at all given the IHS design it's damn near metal to metal contact.. you're going to get what 1-2C better cooling on a processor that already runs 65c full load with the stock cooler? after all this is ryzen, you're not overclock limited by temps but instead limited by the architecture.

umm 10-13C isnt to shabby
the charts are confusing in this vid so watch it dont just pause and look.

When I watched this my first thought was how well AMD implements the heatspreader contact with the die. That raised area, the size of the die, makes excellent, gap free contact. I wouldn't bother de-lidding. Intel should do it this way.

While that would be nice, Intel simply doesn't have to. It's CPUs can reach speeds which are greater than AMDs using existing thermal interface materials.

or just not doing it at all given the IHS design it's damn near metal to metal contact.. you're going to get what 1-2C better cooling on a processor that already runs 65c full load with the stock cooler? after all this is ryzen, you're not overclock limited by temps but instead limited by the architecture.

Overclocks aren't limited by architecture. Even assuming you really mean microarchitecture, Zen is not limited to 4GHz clocks. It is all process node. AMD isn't using 14HP (HP = High Performance). Zen would be able to get 5GHz on 14HP node.

I'm referring to superior heat dissipation.

I realize what you are referring to and I don't disagree with what you said on any technical level. My point is that Intel is still leading on IPC and clock speed. It doesn't give a shit if it could get 20% better heat dissipation going with solder over the TIM they use now. The fact of the matter is, it was a cost cutting decision and it's good enough as far as Intel is concerned.

I only meant to point out that I was impressed with AMD's Heat Spreader/Tim implementation, not AMD vs. Intel IPC

lol kinda. ive been told by my rasta friends in jamaica that im more rasta than half of them :)

Back