Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro - recommended?

Mantark

n00b
Hello,

I'm going to build a SFF in a NCase (waiting for it to arrive ;-) and want to ask if someone can recommend the ITX Z390 Mainboard from Gigabyte? Any experiences?

I've done some search here but didn't find very much about this board. It should run a 8700, OC not planned so far. As an alternative, I could also buy an ASRock Phantom.

For example, will a Noctua C14 fit?

I appreciate every information, thanks!

Kind regards,
Mantark

I haven't reviewed that motherboard so I can't speak to it. Honestly, ASUS rules the roost in terms of mini-ITX motherboards and is generally the go to brand for that form factor. ASRock has its fans in that arena as well. However, ASUS tends to have better offerings in that market in my experience.

Thank you for the information. I read about compatibility problems of the Asus Strix MB in the NCase regarding the rear case fan.

So I was tending first to the ASRock Phantom. But I like the layout of the Gigabyte more, far less cluttered connectors. It‘s just the question if someone has already made experiences with it and feels like stopping me from making a big mistake ;-)

Thanks!

Back