Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master won't power on - (temporary) solution

Thanks a lot for making this thread.
I just got an X570 Aorus Master. Booted up perfect first time, and I updated to latest bios almost immediately. Used it a few days, then turned it on one day and nothing. Noticed the mobo wasn't lit up, so I first though the PSU went out on me. Did the 4 + 5pin test and the fan came on, so I figured that should at least make the mobo light come on. Rechecked/seated mobo wiring. Everything seemed good, but still no light.

I wish I'd googled sooner to find this thread. I stared at the CMOS a couple times, but seeing as the mobo had only been used for a few days I never thought of resetting it.

Anyway, assuming there's nothing wrong with my PSU, thought I'd just throw it out there that this issue still appears to be unaddressed by the latest BIOS (updated it using the Gigabyte update utility on 6/4/2021).

Thanks again guys for all the info. If I run into this issue with the replacement mobo, I'll definitely give the CMOS reset a try.

I’am on F33j and ERP is enabled since november 2020 after my latest issue. No problems at the moment🤓

Thanks for letting me know. Would you mind sharing what you have configured for Power Supply Idle Control ("Typical Current Idle"; "Low Current Idle"; or "Auto (Default)") and Power Loading ("Enabled"; "Disabled"; or "Auto (Default)")?

Also, for whatever reason, since changing some of those settings (and even after reverting the changes), the BIOS interface has become quite laggy and unresponsive. It always used to be slow with mouse control, but now, even keyboard navigation isn't as snappy as before. Not sure what happened.

Hi, first thank all for the solution, my computer build is recent X570 Aorus Master with 5800x (1 week). I had no issue (I just found weird that my computer clock was always wrong when I boot my computer)

And I had the same issue tonight, (The leds of motherboard are on in standby but everything shutdown when trying to power up).
I switched for a new PSU first as I had a new one still in box but of course no success, the computer still not power up with the new one.
So I found this post about removing the battery of the motherboard (I also did a clear CMOS) put back the battery and miracle ... the computer power up.

I will probably replace the battery for a new one soon, I also updated the motherboard bios with Bios utility software 2 or 3 days ago with the F30 version (almost sure it was this one) and now the version is F32 installed but if I try to update again the F30 is proposed. So I am not sure Bios update solve this issue, or maybe it can happen once and after the battery fix it will not happened again with the clear CMOS did.

Thanks for letting me know. Would you mind sharing what you have configured for Power Supply Idle Control ("Typical Current Idle"; "Low Current Idle"; or "Auto (Default)") and Power Loading ("Enabled"; "Disabled"; or "Auto (Default)")?

Also, for whatever reason, since changing some of those settings (and even after reverting the changes), the BIOS interface has become quite laggy and unresponsive. It always used to be slow with mouse control, but now, even keyboard navigation isn't as snappy as before. Not sure what happened.

Hello,

some of us played with these options, also with switching to single BIOS mode, changing the PCI-E mode, deactivating the windows energy saving- and hybrid sleep mode, etc. None of these options saved me from the "no power bug".

I am now on F33a since 140 days with zero issues. I have everything on default/auto except ErP is enabled. The last "no power bug" occurred to me with F30, which worked for 106 days.

I would recommend upgrading to F33.

Hello, do you know if these issues can happen on other gigabyte motherboards, X570 and B550 included ?

Hello again, I contacted the eSupport in case they had informations to share and here is what they told me :

" We never could duplicate such issue during our tests.

One reason for this condition of the systems can be a bad switch in a multiple socket strip. These switches tend to contact bounce after some time of use, which leads to spikes on the mains voltage when the mains voltage is switched on. This may cause the protective circuits of the power supply to be triggered. In most cases, the systems will restart after the power supply has been switched off for some time, or after a mainboard reset was done. "

So, again, they do not acknowledge an issue linked to this M/B.

same here, seems like the issue is gone for good. Still, no word from gigabyte around it though.
Hi All,

Long time lurker here trying to share some info on this. I had an X570 Master 1.0 and R9 3900x. First had the cold boot issue a few months after purchase and for some reason reseating the CPU fixed it for a year but 2 weeks ago the issue returned where the machine would boot then turn off 1 second later. The CMOS battery drain did the trick but this issue persisted EVERYDAY.

I tried EVERYTHING, every setting in this thread, every tweak, every bios version, dual bios, single BIOS I even swapped to a 5900x thinking that would solve it but the next day the exact same thing happened. I raised a ticket with Gigabyte and they came back with an interesting response essentially admitting that there are known issues with the BIOS and Q FLASH installs where it leaves the board in a weird state with and I quote "odd behavior" Their official recommendation is to do a QFlash + install as that apparently fully clears the BIOS and fresh installs but for me the hassle of all that wasn't worth it so I purchased a Asus Dark Hero and no issues since.

Hopefully this might help someone else having issues

I have not been on this board in a long time, but I am so glad that when I googled "gigabyte aorus x570 master won't turn on", this thread is the top search result.

I too have seen this problem after 18 months. The first thing I thought was probably the psu, and I was horrified when a psu power tester revealed that the psu was in fact working. Because that meant the motherboard was at fault and since I did not build my current water cooling rig, I had no idea how to take it apart.

I've read only the first few pages of this thread, but taking the cmos battery out and in again after 30 mins helped me. For me because the cmos battery was located behind the graphics card and I couldn't remove the GPU as it was part of the loop, I resorted to using plastic dental floss / toothpicks to pop the battery holder clip.

I'm hoping the problem won't come back, but in the mean time I've ordered a multi meter to check voltage of battery if it happens again. I'm unplugging USB devices like rgb keyboards after power off, just in case.

I am also going to read the rest of this 26 page thread to see if there's anything else I can prepare or expect. I just hope I don't have to disassemble everything just to change the motherboard before the rest of the components are outdated.

Anyways much thanks to the community once again.

Hmmm. I was going to pull the trigger on getting this board given it’s good reviews, but this has me doubting things. Anyone know us the “s” has the same problem?

I think I may stick to what I know if this one has probs. Bummer :(

Hmmm. I was going to pull the trigger on getting this board given it’s good reviews, but this has me doubting things. Anyone know us the “s” has the same problem?

I've read that the X570S Master has the VRM of the X570 Xtreme, 4 M2 slots indicating some different PCIE bifurcation is going on, and lacks the dual BIOS.

I'm going to guess that based on that info alone, it's probably a different board altogether.

I've read that the X570S Master has the VRM of the X570 Xtreme, 4 M2 slots indicating some different PCIE bifurcation is going on, and lacks the dual BIOS.

I'm going to guess that based on that info alone, it's probably a different board altogether.
It’s not bifurcation. They’re running all those through the chipset.

Reactions: mda
like this
OP checking back in after the thread was reawakened recently - very glad to report that I haven’t seen this issue in well over a year now. Whatever was causing this in my case simply seems to have stopped - and it wasn’t via BIOS update. I never updated my BIOS until I moved up to a 5900X before Christmas 2020. I hadn’t seen the issue in months leading up to that, and I still (knock on wood) haven’t seen it since. The only thing that changed about my system leading up to that were various normal Windows updates.

OP checking back in after the thread was reawakened recently - very glad to report that I haven’t seen this issue in well over a year now. Whatever was causing this in my case simply seems to have stopped - and it wasn’t via BIOS update. I never updated my BIOS until I moved up to a 5900X before Christmas 2020. I hadn’t seen the issue in months leading up to that, and I still (knock on wood) haven’t seen it since. The only thing that changed about my system leading up to that were various normal Windows updates.
Could be microcode or some driver interaction may have played a part. Or it may just be biding time. 🤷‍♂️

The issue has been resolved. I had my x570 master since the 3950x came out and only issues I had were some cold boot issues that were resolved with bios update. Other then that it has been a solid performer and no issues. Now with how shitty gigabyte been in the past year with their exploding PSUs they are on my do not buy list. That is a personal thing and up too you if it is important to you. With all that said if I was in the market for a x570 board the Asus dark would be my choice. The new EVGA dark would also be a consideration but the fact they been out the AMD MB game and really late to the part I don't have much faith in the board.

Reactions: Whach
like this
Hey guys,

I'm just another guy with the same issue. It happens about once per year for so we'll see if it'll also happen in the third year.

On a related BIOS note, do any of you have issues with the BIOS sometimes taking like 30 seconds to load? I know that Ryzen is slow to load and my usual time is about 15 seconds, but every like couple of months it takes around 30. I sometimes wonder if it'll even post. It almost feels like the memory timings are being retrained or something?

I wouldn't recommend this board to anyone. Way too many very weird BIOS issues and at this high price it's unacceptable.

Hey guys,

I'm just another guy with the same issue. It happens about once per year for so we'll see if it'll also happen in the third year.

On a related BIOS note, do any of you have issues with the BIOS sometimes taking like 30 seconds to load? I know that Ryzen is slow to load and my usual time is about 15 seconds, but every like couple of months it takes around 30. I sometimes wonder if it'll even post. It almost feels like the memory timings are being retrained or something?

I wouldn't recommend this board to anyone. Way too many very weird BIOS issues and at this high price it's unacceptable.
Yeah, sometimes (I guess) the memory fails the self test and so it runs the training stuff again. Double check your memory settings, as it will sometimes boot with loose timings or reduced clock and you wouldn't know unless you ran a benchmark or checked in bios. That's my experience on an x370, anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if was the same on later boards.

Oh, sometimes it does that because it switched bios to the "backup" and the settings for memory aren't optimum (mem settings are retained separately between the two bioses). So check your bios version and other settings too.

Yeah, sometimes (I guess) the memory fails the self test and so it runs the training stuff again. Double check your memory settings, as it will sometimes boot with loose timings or reduced clock and you wouldn't know unless you ran a benchmark or checked in bios. That's my experience on an x370, anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if was the same on later boards.
that^^^

Hey guys,

try bumping your ram voltage.

I haven't had the issue since like November. The only difference I made from when I did have this problem.

A. Change my memory
B. slightly change my timings
C. updated both bios to the most recent bios at the time

We are talking about 400-450 cycles.

So after another year, I still haven't had this problem reoccur, since these changes.

I upgraded to a 5900x and a few different bios's.

Enjoy! I’ve really been impressed with it vs the 3900x it replaced - not that it was a slouch.

I've got a 3900XT and have been thinking of upgrading to a 5900X. Would you say that it's worth it?

Hi All,

Long time lurker here trying to share some info on this. I had an X570 Master 1.0 and R9 3900x. First had the cold boot issue a few months after purchase and for some reason reseating the CPU fixed it for a year but 2 weeks ago the issue returned where the machine would boot then turn off 1 second later. The CMOS battery drain did the trick but this issue persisted EVERYDAY.

I tried EVERYTHING, every setting in this thread, every tweak, every bios version, dual bios, single BIOS I even swapped to a 5900x thinking that would solve it but the next day the exact same thing happened. I raised a ticket with Gigabyte and they came back with an interesting response essentially admitting that there are known issues with the BIOS and Q FLASH installs where it leaves the board in a weird state with and I quote "odd behavior" Their official recommendation is to do a QFlash + install as that apparently fully clears the BIOS and fresh installs but for me the hassle of all that wasn't worth it so I purchased a Asus Dark Hero and no issues since.

Very interesting. Thanks for the post. How are most of you guys updating your BIOS?

Also, I'm a little confused when you say Q-Flash leaves the board in a weird state (so are they saying not to use Q-Flash to update BIOS?). Also, what did you mean by "Do a Q-Flash + install" for optimal BIOS upgrade results? Can you please clarify what you mean by "install"?

BIOS F35e
Major vulnerabilities updates, customers are strongly encouraged to update to this release at the earliest.
Credits to "Assaf Carlsbad and Itai Liba from SentinelOne"

I started with pulling the CMOS battery, and then pulling the power cord and holding power button down to discharge the PSU after a failure to boot was as successful, and easier to do, but what's giving me 100% boot-up success is unplugging my Astro Mixamp and turning the backlight LEDs off on my keyboard before hitting the power button on the PC.

I started with pulling the CMOS battery, and then pulling the power cord and holding power button down to discharge the PSU after a failure to boot was as successful, and easier to do, but what's giving me 100% boot-up success is unplugging my Astro Mixamp and turning the backlight LEDs off on my keyboard before hitting the power button on the PC.
Yeah, I'm thinking the 5vsb rail is probably unusually loaded on these boards.

Almost a year since the previous occurence. It seems to be healing without any action - ignoring the fact that the cmos battery is still outside the case. All I did was the usual: pull the plug disconnect the battery, and there she blows.

Hi All,

Hi,
Thanks for the information, but I'm kind of confused. QFlash is just using a USB drive to update right? If we don't use that, what other way is there to update the bios?

Hi,
Thanks for the information, but I'm kind of confused. QFlash is just using a USB drive to update right? If we don't use that, what other way is there to update the bios?
Nothing else that I know of. Used to be floppy drive, and sometimes CD drive, but who uses those now? You meant to say you don't have a flash drive? In these days, one really can't live without a flash drive, not to mention many of them. So, you just have get a flash drive to use for flashing BIOS. I don't see any other way around it. But for OEM companies like Dells, Sony, etc, they have a program that runs straight from within Windows that do the flashing for their products.

Last edited:
I have a X570S Aorus Masters with a 5950x. I have not any problems like this but I wish i could turn off wifi and blutooth in the bios.

I registered just so I could say thank you. The solution worked well for me after my system went to sleep one day and refused to wake up...I even bought a new PSU and tried testing with it and got nothing. There were no lights at all just like the board was getting no power. I cleared the cmos and then pulled the cmos battery for about 15 seconds and sure enough, the system came back on. I will update if I need to keep doing this.

Back