GIGABYTE AORUS FV43U 43 inch 4k 144 HDR1000 QLED monitor

So seems like I wasnt alone with the uniformity issues :( Was really jarring for me, Yellowish corners was a no no
Yeah, seems they all have the yellow tinting to some extent. On my favoured dark themes it would show itself as darker stripes along the sides and across the top and bottom, culminating in darker corners. Most of the time I'd have to be looking for it but the uniformity test in that video shows it in the same pattern.

Yeah, seems they all have the yellow tinting to some extent. On my favoured dark themes it would show itself as darker stripes along the sides and across the top and bottom, culminating in darker corners. Most of the time I'd have to be looking for it but the uniformity test in that video shows it in the same pattern.
Yea in bright colourful content its not noticeable even when looking for it however if you have a bright single colour, whites and greys, it was very obvious.
I read on AnandTech that anything below 20% difference to max brightness is not noticable anything above 30% is a bad panel.

Something weird is happening with mine. I'm losing sync at random. The screen will blank out and come be in a few seconds. The on screen display will come on showing the input and res just like when you change res or some settings. It happens in and out of games and at 60/120/144hz. The unit have been working fine since I got it and this problem just pop up a few days ago, checked all the cable connection. I'm using the DP cable that came with the unit and I have a new one coming in today so hopefully that's it. The last time I saw a problem like this is when I first went 4K on a Samsung JU7500 back in 2015 with HDMI going to a HDMI 2.0 receiver then to the Monitor. Replacing one of the cable fixed that but I'm now running direct DP from the 3080 to the Monitor and HDMI to the receiver for audio only and it's working fine even when the screen blanks out.

Something weird is happening with mine. I'm losing sync at random. The screen will blank out and come be in a few seconds. The on screen display will come on showing the input and res just like when you change res or some settings. It happens in and out of games and at 60/120/144hz. The unit have been working fine since I got it and this problem just pop up a few days ago, checked all the cable connection. I'm using the DP cable that came with the unit and I have a new one coming in today so hopefully that's it. The last time I saw a problem like this is when I first went 4K on a Samsung JU7500 back in 2015 with HDMI going to a HDMI 2.0 receiver then to the Monitor. Replacing one of the cable fixed that but I'm now running direct DP from the 3080 to the Monitor and HDMI to the receiver for audio only and it's working fine even when the screen blanks out.

Is it happening maybe from your gpu clocks going up and down? Maybe set to prefer max performanxe to narrow down if thats the issue.

Is it happening maybe from your gpu clocks going up and down? Maybe set to prefer max performanxe to narrow down if thats the issue.

Well, it didn't act up once at all today and I have not made any changes to the setup other than updating drivers (a few days ago). Strange that it was happening just on a static desktop with nothing going on so it's not game or performance related.

Last edited:
Hi, I have the Aorus FV43U monitor and I have doubts if Gsync is really working.

I have adaptive sync activated from the monitor but in a summary in orange letters it does not appear active.

In the nvidia panel appears Gsync option activated and type of technology appeared Gsync when it should be Gsync compatible and I also have Vsync active from the nvidia panel.

The active Gsync icon does not appear. Any ideas ? are the drivers? my GPU is a Zotac RTX 3090 connected with display port 1.4
Thank you
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2azb4ux1gf0ka3/20211028_112447.jpg?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mgbadatlgfs05t/20211028_105436.jpg?dl=0

Well if you haven't already turn on the gsync display indicator and try some games. If gsync in green letters shows up or doesn't show up there is your answer. Might need to fool around with video settings in some games

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/89-how-to-turn-on-g-sync-indicator
the configuration is the same as my previous acer predator xb321hk monitor if it had a G-sync module.

I have G-sync active from the Fv43u menu (adaptive sync is active) if I don't activate adaptive sync, the g-sync option does not appear in the nvidia panel.

What has most pissed me off is that nvidia's Pendulum demo could not select the G-sync option.
for the rest I do not see Tearing anywhere.

Cheers

Can you tell what distance to the screen you must have at least to not see any kind of image alteration (losing of contrast, fading of colours) when sitting dead center in front of it and looking at the corners?

Can you tell what distance to the screen you must have at least to not see any kind of image alteration (losing of contrast, fading of colours) when sitting dead center in front of it and looking at the corners?

On a static screen depending on background color, I would say 36-40". Full screen in game or watching content. I doesn't notice it even when sitting about 30" away unless I focus on it.

Hi, I have the Aorus FV43U monitor and I have doubts if Gsync is really working.

I have adaptive sync activated from the monitor but in a summary in orange letters it does not appear active.

In the nvidia panel appears Gsync option activated and type of technology appeared Gsync when it should be Gsync compatible and I also have Vsync active from the nvidia panel.

The active Gsync icon does not appear. Any ideas ? are the drivers? my GPU is a Zotac RTX 3090 connected with display port 1.4
Thank you
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2azb4ux1gf0ka3/20211028_112447.jpg?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mgbadatlgfs05t/20211028_105436.jpg?dl=0
thanks to your post I noticed that this is the case for me as well.

When I enable 'adaptive sync' the screen blinks and the g-sync option becomes available in nvcpl.

But in the summary orange letters 'adaptive sync' appears as disabled.

I was able(i have some guests till the end of the week) to try just 2 games with g-sync display indicator turned on and g-sync does not seem to be enabled no matter nvcpl says the contrary.

No tearing for me as well.

I love this monitor but started to be seriously annoyed with the flaws and problems keep arising.

I will furtherly investigate next week and most probably make use of my warranty if g-sync is not working.

ps: remote control is also skipping inputs. I have to press the button 3 or 4 times in order to send a command to the monitor. With completely new batteries and no matter the distance. Quite frustrating.

1635806828649.png

thanks to your post I noticed that this is the case for me as well.

When I enable 'adaptive sync' the screen blinks and the g-sync option becomes available in nvcpl.

But in the summary orange letters 'adaptive sync' appears as disabled.

I was able(i have some guests till the end of the week) to try just 2 games with g-sync display indicator turned on and g-sync does not seem to be enabled no matter nvcpl says the contrary.

No tearing for me as well.

I love this monitor but started to be seriously annoyed with the flaws and problems keep arising.

I will furtherly investigate next week and most probably make use of my warranty if g-sync is not working.

ps: remote control is also skipping inputs. I have to press the button 3 or 4 times in order to send a command to the monitor. With completely new batteries and no matter the distance. Quite frustrating.

View attachment 408567
Thanks for your comments, yesterday I received a reply from Nvidia and they told me that the FV43U is not certified by Nvidia with GSYNC compatible:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

I do not understand there are users for whom it seems that it works, I bought the FV43U and read that it was GSYNC Compatible.

Anyway I think it is a matter of waiting for future drivers from Nvidia.

I am also waiting for Gigabyte to answer the question.

Greetings.

Thanks for your comments, yesterday I received a reply from Nvidia and they told me that the FV43U is not certified by Nvidia with GSYNC compatible:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

I do not understand there are users for whom it seems that it works, I bought the FV43U and read that it was GSYNC Compatible.

Anyway I think it is a matter of waiting for future drivers from Nvidia.

I am also waiting for Gigabyte to answer the question.

Greetings.
I use a 3080ti.
Not on the latest drivers though.
As I mentioned I hope I will find the time to fully investigate the issue next week.

I am not as optimistic as you that the problem will be resolved in future drivers.
I don't believe we are the only owners of 30... series nvidia gpu using this monitor in this forum.
If it was a driver issue it will affect them as well.
To be honest I am not even sure there is a problem as I wasn't able to run all my games and check.
It could be that the summary orange letters do not report adaptive sync status correctly.
I am also on F4 beta and I have no intention in trying to flash my monitor as I already had quite an adventure you can find few posts ago.

Did you try to run some games with g-sync indicator enabled as suggested by VistaVick2 ?

Anybody else having this problem?
Can other forum members check if adaptive sync status is reported correctly in the summary of their monitor menu?

Thanks in advance.

I use a 3080ti.
Not on the latest drivers though.
As I mentioned I hope I will find the time to fully investigate the issue next week.

I am not as optimistic as you that the problem will be resolved in future drivers.
I don't believe we are the only owners of 30... series nvidia gpu using this monitor in this forum.
If it was a driver issue it will affect them as well.
To be honest I am not even sure there is a problem as I wasn't able to run all my games and check.
It could be that the summary orange letters do not report adaptive sync status correctly.
I am also on F4 beta and I have no intention in trying to flash my monitor as I already had quite an adventure you can find few posts ago.

Did you try to run some games with g-sync indicator enabled as suggested by VistaVick2 ?

Anybody else having this problem?
Can other forum members check if adaptive sync status is reported correctly in the summary of their monitor menu?

Thanks in advance.
I have the Nvidia 472.12 standard and Windows 10 20H2 drivers.

The G-sync indicator does not appear in any game instead of the G-sync icon I get the "normal" icon.

I have seen analysis of FV43U in which it said that it had G-sync, I know of people from another forum who say that G-sync works with an RTX 2080 and an RTX 3070.

In the nvidia panel in Monitor Technology it appears "G-sync compatible" and in the summary of the FV43U the orange letters appear as activated.
This user that I am telling you has Windows 10 21h1, I don't know if updating Windows 10 20h2 to 21h1 would solve the problem.

If by chance you manage to activate the G-sync let me know today, tomorrow or next week let me know.

Thanks

Hey guys, long time lurker but 1st post.

I think you are missing one additional step to enable g sync. The photo above has it cropped out but you need to ensure the option in section 3 is ticked (seen bellow). Hope this is simple solution for you.

1635939491909.png

I think you are missing one additional step to enable g sync. The photo above has it cropped out but you need to ensure the option in section 3 is ticked (seen bellow). Hope this is simple solution for you.

View attachment 409081
Hello, that option will not appear. What version of windows do you have? what GPU do you have? What drivers do you have installed?

Hello, that option will not appear. What version of windows do you have? what GPU do you have? What drivers do you have installed?
Hmm ok sounds odd,

Win 10 - Version 20H2 build 19042.1288
RTX3080ti with driver 496.49
FO4 Beta (old)

I have noticed in the cropped image above that i cannot see section 2, this could suggest the screen is not being discovered correctly? Check if this is the same for you as well.

If its not there then there may be something conflicting with a old colour profile or previous monitor driver, DDU would be required to solve this.

Hmm ok sounds odd,

Win 10 - Version 20H2 build 19042.1288
RTX3080ti with driver 496.49
FO4 Beta (old)

I have noticed in the cropped image above that i cannot see section 2, this could suggest the screen is not being discovered correctly? Check if this is the same for you as well.

If its not there then there may be something conflicting with a old colour profile or previous monitor driver, DDU would be required to solve this.
I have done an installer with DDU and there is only 1 option in the Gsync panel.

You have the 496 drivers and the Nvidia panel has been installed from Windows Store, right?
I install the nvidia panel together with the standard drivers.

I think it may be he failed everything.

Cheers

I have done an installer with DDU and there is only 1 option in the Gsync panel.

You have the 496 drivers and the Nvidia panel has been installed from Windows Store, right?
I install the nvidia panel together with the standard drivers.

I think it may be he failed everything.

Cheers
Not quite sure what you mean?

Do you mean that after using DDU and after a reboot it auto installed Nvidia drivers through windows update? You then proceeded to update them to the latest version?

Either way that should be fine.

Silly question (i hope) but have you unplugged the displays power ?

What version of firmware is your screen on?

In you windows display settings dose it report the correct screen name? For example,
1635963348704.png

Attachments

• 1635963224527.png
    1635963224527.png
    348.2 KB · Views: 0
Not quite sure what you mean?

Do you mean that after using DDU and after a reboot it auto installed Nvidia drivers through windows update? You then proceeded to update them to the latest version?

Either way that should be fine.

Silly question (i hope) but have you unplugged the displays power ?

What version of firmware is your screen on?

In you windows display settings dose it report the correct screen name? For example,
View attachment 409189
I have done uninstallation with DDU, reboot without internet connection and installed 472.12 standard drivers.

the nvidia panel in the Gsync option only shows one option, in the "G-sync" monitor technology type, G-sync does not appear compatible.
My question is if that option can change since you can install the nvidia panel from the windows store.

The aorus Fv43u has the firmwsre F04.

Thank you

I have done uninstallation with DDU, reboot without internet connection and installed 472.12 standard drivers.

the nvidia panel in the Gsync option only shows one option, in the "G-sync" monitor technology type, G-sync does not appear compatible.
My question is if that option can change since you can install the nvidia panel from the windows store.

The aorus Fv43u has the firmwsre F04.

Thank you
The windows store version is unlikely to be the fix or cause of this particular issue, in my opinion.

It sounds like you have done everything correctly.

If you bring up the windows advance display settings like in my previous post, what do you see? Dose it report it as "Aorus FV43U"or "Generic PnP monitor"?

The windows store version is unlikely to be the fix or cause of this particular issue, in my opinion.

It sounds like you have done everything correctly.

If you bring up the windows advance display settings like in my previous post, what do you see? Dose it report it as "Aorus FV43U"or "Generic PnP monitor"?
Hello, I am attaching images of my configuration. I can't think of where the fault might be.
The Aurus FV43U website does not have drivers for the monitor. Thanks

Attachments

• 20211104_090747.jpg
    20211104_090747.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211104_090836.jpg
    20211104_090836.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211104_090908.jpg
    20211104_090908.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20211104_091100.jpg
    20211104_091100.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 1
If you could buy an LG C1 for the same price, what would speak against it, or for the FV43U? Talking about gaming and movies only, no general desktop use.

If you could buy an LG C1 for the same price, what would speak against it, or for the FV43U? Talking about gaming and movies only, no general desktop use.
Mainly size and needing a HDMI 2.1 GPU (or DP to HDMI 2.1 adapter) if you want 4K 120 Hz with HDR. If you are not planning to use the OLED for desktop then you don't need to worry about text rendering, automatic brightness limiters, burn in and so on.

Mainly size and needing a HDMI 2.1 GPU (or DP to HDMI 2.1 adapter) if you want 4K 120 Hz with HDR. If you are not planning to use the OLED for desktop then you don't need to worry about text rendering, automatic brightness limiters, burn in and so on.
So I take it you would choose the C1 then? I'd need an adapter or new cable, any suggestions? The size is a shame. Could wait for LG's 43" OLED next year, but it will come at an unaffordable price anyway and you'd need to wait double time for it to drop.

Having used both, text rendering is much better on the OLED due to the WRGB arrangement.

So I take it you would choose the C1 then? I'd need an adapter or new cable, any suggestions? The size is a shame. Could wait for LG's 43" OLED next year, but it will come at an unaffordable price anyway and you'd need to wait double time for it to drop.
Well I have a CX 48" so there's your answer. I use the Club3D DP to HDMI 2.1 adapter on mine. The other option is the CableMatters USB-C to HDMI 2.1 adapter. You cannot use VRR with these though but 4K 120 Hz 10-bit 4:4:4 HDR works fine.

Reactions: res
like this
Windows 10
RTX 3090 Latest driver (also problem with older driver)
Connected over DisplayPort

Hey there,

i have a problem since i updated the firmware to F04 (not Beta) with the Beta version it was all fine.
When switching Resolution/HDR the monitor takes about 8 secondes to switch and the Overlay of the monitor reads a wrong resolution. Before the F04 Update the changing of resolution took about 3 seconds.
In windows and NVCP it says 3840 x 2160 but in the overlay of the monitor it says 3840 x 4320 so i think this is some kind of problem.
I checked twice my Nvidia driver, did a clean install with DDU etc. only thing that solves the problem is to switch to HDMI. But then its not possible to get 144hz and Gsync? In the manual of the monitor it only says DP 1.4 DSC and nothing about HDMI DSC so in this case i could only archieve 120hz over HDMI?

Is there a way to "reset" the monitor or the DisplayPort of the Monitor? The "Reset Settings" at the bottom of the Overlay does not solve the problem it only resetting my personal settings

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20211104_114225_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20211104_114225_LI.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 1
Windows 10
RTX 3090 Latest driver (also problem with older driver)
Connected over DisplayPort

Hey there,

i have a problem since i updated the firmware to F04 (not Beta) with the Beta version it was all fine.
When switching Resolution/HDR the monitor takes about 8 secondes to switch and the Overlay of the monitor reads a wrong resolution. Before the F04 Update the changing of resolution took about 3 seconds.
In windows and NVCP it says 3840 x 2160 but in the overlay of the monitor it says 3840 x 4320 so i think this is some kind of problem.
I checked twice my Nvidia driver, did a clean install with DDU etc. only thing that solves the problem is to switch to HDMI. But then its not possible to get 144hz and Gsync? In the manual of the monitor it only says DP 1.4 DSC and nothing about HDMI DSC so in this case i could only archieve 120hz over HDMI?

Is there a way to "reset" the monitor or the DisplayPort of the Monitor? The "Reset Settings" at the bottom of the Overlay does not solve the problem it only resetting my personal settings
lol well that puts me off updating my version from f04 beta to f04.

Not sure what to suggest as obviously that resolution is impossibly high.

What happens when you set it to 1920x1080 (1080p)?

Have you power cycled the screen? Leave it unplugged for 10 seconds?

And yes display port is required to make full use of the features on the screen.

Hello, I am attaching images of my configuration. I can't think of where the fault might be.
The Aurus FV43U website does not have drivers for the monitor. Thanks
I am running out of suggestions,

Bring up the "OSD Sidekick" application and cycle the free sync option off then on.

Might be difficult but it will be worth trying to pin point the issue to the screen or your computer. If possible get another PC connected via display port and see if that changes anything.

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
My biggest dislike with the Fv43u is the overshoot, depending on the game i find it very noticeable even on the least aggressive overdrive setting. This i believe is a non-issue for OLEDs and in my opinion i'd sacrifice the 144hz and 1000nits for better clarity in motion. Basically i am keeping my eye out for a "proper" gaming OLED at a reasonable size.....

Don't read to much into this though as i find i spot stuff most people really don't notice.

Reactions: res
like this
lol well that puts me off updating my version from f04 beta to f04.

Not sure what to suggest as obviously that resolution is impossibly high.

What happens when you set it to 1920x1080 (1080p)?

Have you power cycled the screen? Leave it unplugged for 10 seconds?

And yes display port is required to make full use of the features on the screen.
For 1440p its also such a strange number and for 1080p too.
Its not everytime this problem, but when it happen its really annoying.

Will try another DP on my GPU.
And yes i had unplugged the power for about one minute.

Just read in the manual of the Monitor that HDMI also supports 4k 144hz

Attachments

• Formats.jpg
    Formats.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My biggest dislike with the Fv43u is the overshoot, depending on the game i find it very noticeable even on the least aggressive overdrive setting. This i believe is a non-issue for OLEDs and in my opinion i'd sacrifice the 144hz and 1000nits for better clarity in motion. Basically i am keeping my eye out for a "proper" gaming OLED at a reasonable size.....

Don't read to much into this though as i find i spot stuff most people really don't notice.
Same. Also I don't like to look at a night sky, then slowly pan the view and most of the smaller stars just fade away. As well the overshoot. Balanced and Speed both have their advantages, but also disadvantages, but nothing is ever right.

The panel has good contrast and deep blacks, but the viewing angle colour fading gives a dark picture a brighter corner vignette, just like IPS glow, except it actually makes the corners have higher gamma and the center being darker. Totally defeats the purpose of good contrast.

If not for those two things, the monitor would have been excellent. I also tested both, 144Hz and 120Hz settings and I'd rather sacrifice the 144Hz as well.

has anyone good settings for HDR Game mode?I really dont like the HDR1000 when gaming, for movies its good but not for gaming

View attachment 409081
That did the trick for me!

has anyone good settings for HDR Game mode?I really dont like the HDR1000 when gaming, for movies its good but not for gaming
I use HDR Game profile with
brightness 60
contrast 55
dark enhance off
color enhance 0
light enhance 1
local dimming off
BUT
while my custom SDR profile works with all games, this is not the case in HDR.
Each game looks significantly better with a different profile.
Many games look better with HDR 1000 profile
And some of them even with the Moovie profile.
So I just use the quick profile change feature of remote control when I load a game.

That did the trick for me!

I use HDR Game profile with
brightness 60
contrast 55
dark enhance off
color enhance 0
light enhance 1
local dimming off
BUT
while my custom SDR profile works with all games, this is not the case in HDR.
Each game looks significantly better with a different profile.
Many games look better with HDR 1000 profile
And some of them even with the Moovie profile.
So I just use the quick profile change feature of remote control when I load a game.
Hello, do you try activate G-sync on Nvidia Panel again?

yes and G-sync now is fully activated and working

all I had to do is tick option 3 as suggested in this post
I don't have option 3 on Gsync Options.

Do you have installed the OSD from Aorus FV43U?
I looking for a drivers os FV43U but i don't find anything.

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't have option 3 on Gsync Options.

Do you have installed the OSD from Aorus FV43U?
I looking for a drivers os FV43U but i don't find anything.

Thanks
i think there is no real driver, its all the time "plug and play Monitor" but in Nvidia its called right. I was also searching for a colour Profile, but with no success.

Back