GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

Finally got the chance to pick mine up from my sister's house where it was delivered, and the case is flawless with no machine flaws, bends etc. Great build quality and the copper top looks nice.

waiting on holiday break and for my sf600 to arrive before build + pictures

Finally got the chance to pick mine up from my sister's house where it was delivered, and the case is flawless with no machine flaws, bends etc. Great build quality and the copper top looks nice.

waiting on holiday break and for my sf600 to arrive before build + pictures

Thanks for the report. It seems like the QC issues with this case are the only things that are being reported. Did you go with a tophat? Please post some pictures once your build is complete!

Reactions: Ftt
like this
My Ghost arrived yesterday!

Here are some pictures I snapped (not the best quality, there are comments in the imgur gallery)

https://imgur.com/a/eUzJIed

Internals are here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BBMTq4

I tried to record my build, but halfway through it I ran out of SD storage, so the whole movie is a bit unusable.
And because I thought I would have a recording I didn't snap any pictures during the build

Remarks about the case in bullet points:

• Overall quality is very nice, lots of attention to detail and the feel of the finish is just excellent, but there are too many issues to justify the premium price of this case
  • Small dents and damages to the anodisation all over the place, on every panel, luckily on zones that are not visible once the case is assembled
  • The side-panels are 97% flush, there are some weird bends in it, but judging from other people, this is good enough
  • The design of the top-hats is not very well thought through I think. The way the components of a top-hat attach to each other puts pressure on the plats, bending them if you tighten the screws too much. If you don't tighten the screws enough, the top-hat just falls apart, it literally just disintegrates in your hands
  • Power button is even iffier compared to the one in the A4-SFX, absolutely no premium feel to it.
  • PCB of the power-button also slightly bent.
  • You can't stack top-hats, although I don't know if this was ever planned.
  • Build overall was very nice, was very fun - although I think the A4-SFX was a nicer build, be it more rewarding because it was 1000% more difficult (with the 545LC AIO)
  • The Pump of the Asus ROG Ruyjin 240 is 70mm tall, 4mm too tall, so currently running without the sidepanel. My plan is to design/model some sort of brackets that can hold a custom 3mm or 2mm plexiglass panel in place. Will have these brackets professionally printed and then lasercut a plexiglass panel.

Performance and temperatures of the 8086K and Z390 are a-ok in my book. Might not be the ultra fastest rig out there, but considering its size it's more than decent: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12904674 - this is just default without any overclocking.

In the tophat, what is the width of those vents on the bracket you attached the fans/radiator too?

It's interesting to me that the original Ash model he previewed and built for his channel was made in Lithuania rather than China like the current production batch are. Haven't seen anyone comment on this but made me curious what differences (if any) there were in fit and finish between the models.

When available again I'll be considering the Limestone for much the same reasons as that channel outlines, mostly down to lesser fingerprint and scratch visibility.

My Ghost arrived yesterday!
  • You can't stack top-hats, although I don't know if this was ever planned.

I'm almost certain I've heard or read comments that this was a feature but maybe it was dropped in later iterations.

I'm almost certain I've heard or read comments that this was a feature but maybe it was dropped in later iterations.
It was certainly listed on their website on November 5th when I went inquiring about this.

It's interesting to me that the original Ash model he previewed and built for his channel was made in Lithuania rather than China like the current production batch are. Haven't seen anyone comment on this but made me curious what differences (if any) there were in fit and finish between the models.

According to staff on Sweclockers (who got the first prototype), they were worried that the quality (fitting mainly) on the end-product would turn out to be as on the prototype - but were positively surprised when they got it delivered. So it apparently increased in quality, at least slightly.

It was certainly listed on their website on November 5th when I went inquiring about this.

It's still there it appears:

louqe.com said:
Add a TopHat in the bottom, put it on top or even stack them on each other.

Perhaps the threads just weren't aligning for the original poster? Maybe they could share what they found exactly.

Does anyone know what the deadline is for joining the "January" batch and if there's going to be any improvements/quality fixes in this batch?

Last edited:
It's possible to stack the M and S tophat together, you'll need longer M3 screws, I'll get some measurements later this week.
However, you can't stack the L tophat in combination with any other tophat, the hole for the M3 screws in the L tophat are not "through", there's no way to put a longer M3 screw in them.

Does anyone know what the deadline is for joining the "January" batch and if there's going to be any improvements/quality fixes in this batch?

Was there a way to join? I received a reply from them that the website landing page is outdated and currently no way to buy them —edit: become a late core backer.

Last edited:
Was there a way to join? I received a reply from them that the website landing page is outdated and currently no way to buy them.

I was referring to preordering it through their site. When did you get that reply? I also tried emailing them like a week ago and have yet to receive a reply.
I recall reading a recent comment on the /r/sffpc subreddit quoting Louqe saying they're "on track" with the January batch. I don't remember which thread I saw it in though so don't quote me on that. Just seems odd if they're accepting payments on their site if they're not taking preorders.

Last edited:
I was referring to preordering it through their site. When did you get that reply? Just seems odd if they're accepting payments on their site if they're not taking preorders.

I see what happened now. I checked the site in Firefox with a script manager and despite allowing all scripts temporarily it didn't load the Shopify script which I just discovered displays a range of purchase options.

So originally about a week ago or less I contacted them about becoming a late core backer since the email field and the text blurb were the only thing visible to me at the time (and the only option to obtain them I thought at the time) to which they responded that the page is outdated and that's no longer possible, which is what my previous post was about, being mistakenly broad.

Presumably the purchase options work (which I can now see) but getting in on being a late core backer isn't, to clear that up.

Although I have already shared these pictures in other threads and on other forums/reddit/twitter, I thought some of you might enjoy these too.

Internals are here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BBMTq4

Highlight: 8086K, Asus ROG Z390-I Gaming, 2x16GB Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz (ordered 4000Mhz but not delivered yet), Asus GTX1080Ti Turbo, Asus Ryujin 240 AIO cooler.

Some remarks about the build:

• Backer 1392 on 29/12/2017, Order #2430 on 19/5/2018, case delivered 13/12/2018
  • L Tophat at the bottom with Asus Ryujin 240 RAD + 2x 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25
  • M + S Tophat at the top with Mounting Platform and 2x 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25 exhaust
  • M + S Tophat secured with black M3-30 screws
  • If you want S + M tophat you'll need M3-40 or even M3-45 screws
  • I have ordered 2 120mm Noctua NF-A12x15 and if they fit in a M Tophat, I'll be able to remove the S tophat
  • Secured the AIO tubes with a simple black strap via the holes in the spine
  • 8086K at 5,2 Ghz is in the low 30°C when idle, low 70°C when gaming
  • Currently running without side-panel, the CPU block with cover is too tall for the side-panel
  • Planning to design custom acrylic plexiglass side-panels with a cutout for the CPU block.
  • Routed the AIO Tubes between the PSU and the front gable, instead of coming from beneath the PSU.
  • In fact the whole case has been flipped for several reasons:
  • 1) Now the motherboard oriantation is correct, it's not upside down now
  • 2) The text on the backplate is now readable and not inversed
  • 3) My PC is located on the right side of my desk, and now I can see the AIO's OLED screen on the CPU block

K74FhKC.jpg

0LRkYcO.jpg

UfOsFE2.jpg

Jo9sOnx.jpg

You can find the gallery here:

https://imgur.com/a/siJJCwl

Enjoy!

Hi all, curious to know if any of you original KS backers are receiving fixed/updated parts from Louqe. I have the bent pcb and not-so-good tophat. Is it worth hounding Louqe to get what we should have originally received?

How did you know it was made in Lithuania?

From that quoted video there was a brief shot of the back plate which when paused shows it was assembled in Lithuania (originally I paused at 1080p but below is a capture of it at 720p, slightly harder to see). Current versions state 'Assembled in China' so I was curious about differences. Also while searching around to see if any other models shown off had the same label came across one posted in this thread by Loque staff.

Admittedly at the time I posted 'made' since the exact label terminology had slipped my mind, so I'm not sure where the parts themselves originated for the earlier versions since it's not specified.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Terrible purchase experience,
6 month after my purchase,
i don't know where's my case, zero reply from louqe team...
BE CAREFUL.

Yeah the Louque situation has been a bit rocky. Amazon re-labeled a bunch of parts incorrectly for the US market so I have an Ash case with some other color Top Hat. Their e-mail responses are so slow that they are answering stuff from weeks ago that is no longer relevant.

Edit: Got an update yesterday from Louqe that Amazon doesn't consider this "wrong" label thing to be grounds for a return. LOL

Some people got mislabels so bad they aren't even the same part, let alone color swap.

Last edited:
Reactions: D10S
like this
Ordered my Ghost in late January and received it in March. No flaws and excellent build quality. Love it.

I still haven't gotten any acknowledgement about the wrong color part being delivered.

Just hope you get what you ordered since they apparently aren't doing any RMA for previous batches.
I was joking !!! :D
Ordered 15 October 2018...and still nothing! :whistle:
So don't be down if you've received 2 different colors ... there are people that hasn't received anything yet! (n)

I was joking !!! :D
Ordered 15 October 2018...and still nothing! :whistle:
So don't be down if you've received 2 different colors ... there are people that hasn't received anything yet! (n)

Yeah it's just dumb that they have nothing in place with Amazon. They say they've worked with 6 different people there and still no solution for people that have the wrong parts.

Like how can some massive internet retail giant lack the logistics to swap out the wrong stuff. Of course to Amazon it wasn't the wrong delivery since they had previously mislabeled it. Still an Amazon problem either way.

Does anyone know if there is enough room to mount a 2.5" ssd on the panel behind the GPU?

Its really tight, and may not fit an SSD. You could fit an SSD between the PSU and the mid-panel though.

Hmmmm I'm hoping to use that space for a pump. :whistle:

There space on the floor, but I'd rather have a fan to actively ventilate the case. I guess consider a new motherboard with dual M.2?:cry:

Hmmmm I'm hoping to use that space for a pump. :whistle:

There space on the floor, but I'd rather have a fan to actively ventilate the case. I guess consider a new motherboard with dual M.2?:cry:
Yes dual M.2 :) if your GPU is also in the loop, you could put the SSD between the GPU and the side panel? Unless you’re doing a window...
Let me check for sure on my S1 tonight / later this week.

Yes dual M.2 :) if your GPU is also in the loop, you could put the SSD between the GPU and the side panel? Unless you’re doing a window...
Let me check for sure on my S1 tonight / later this week.
At some stage I'd like to emulate Faggan's build and do acrylic everything actually. As soon as I saw the original project I had the same idea as it was as close to the HG PAI as I could get without heavy fabrication.
- I still have no idea how he made the sliding profile for the side panel. I guess it wasn't all that pretty given he went with the aluminium panel as a frame in his final revision.

I finally got around to doing my Ghost S1 build and ehh it's probably going to be ok in the end but I'm less than impressed, even aside from their logistics issues.

My case has a couple of small chunks out of the side and front panels with associated missing paint. It's along the edges so not super visible.. but also not the premium case I paid for. The power switch PCB is also a joke, with a terrible button and fragile soldering for the front header cable.

Naturally I wound up deciding that I needed some different cables and an extra fan so all the parts won't be here until Wed.

I'll wind up using the small TH to accommodate a pair of 2TB 2.5" spinners b/c there aren't great mount points otherwise. I'd love if I could mount the 2.5's inside the main case, then use the small TH for fans.

Note: I'm using a pair of 2TB WD spinners as a single 4TB volume for games, then giving half of my 1TB M.2 drive to PrimoCache to account for performance issues. Someday the price on those 4TB SSDs will drop!

Back