GHOST S1 - When both size & performance matters

This looks great, I'm excited to see it in production. Great work, guys.

Looks very nice, but it's a missed opportunity to make it smaller than Dan's A4, imo; why the increased width (133 vs 112)?

Personally, I'm not really interested whether case x is smaller than case y - although these are SFF cases, absolute size isn't the be-all-and-end-all of it: it's about the combination of size, features, performance, cooling, hardware compatibility and just good old fashioned aesthetics that's important. I don't regard the fact that this case is/isn't smaller than the A4 as being relevant, myself.

i just said that it fits a bigger cooler- that is a fact, i haven't stayted anything about gpu so there is no wrong facts from me Dan
i have 1060 mini so i don't care and also if it is lower priced it's a better deal then yours Dan
calm down and get your butthurt out of this thread pls

Woe woe woe, he wasn't reaponding to your message. Why all the hostility? This thread is open to all and Dan, like all of us, has a right to express himself. Now how you correlate his dimensions justification to your bigger cooler is beyond me. If you are upset because you couldn't afford the A4 then that is a totaly different thing but there is no reason to be snappy about it. Better deals aren't always the cheaper option. A gtx 1080 for my $1K monitor is a way better deal than anything below it because I won't get to enjoy the monitor to it's fullest without the 1080.

OP does give measurements, used for the 7.1l, is withouth the case shell or feet. Dan's measurements for his capacity is including it all. Marketing is a wonderfull thing.

I have an A4 and this case looks really cool. I want to see more build pics with watercooling.

I just really like my A4.

Last edited:
We have been very busy the last days and it looks like we have missed some of the comments, let us say something anyway.

Personally, I'm not really interested whether case x is smaller than case y - although these are SFF cases, absolute size isn't the be-all-and-end-all of it: it's about the combination of size, features, performance, cooling, hardware compatibility and just good old fashioned aesthetics that's important. I don't regard the fact that this case is/isn't smaller than the A4 as being relevant, myself.

Bawjaws , Good comment!

We are big fans of your work dondan! What You have done is setting a new standard for the expectations in the SFF PC industry.

Regarding the volumes and sizes… (as this has been discussed in SFF Forum as well). This is something we have come to realize shouldn't be presented in relation to alternatives on the market. There are simply too many ways of calculate case volumes (with or without hood, with or without holes and rounded corners etc.) let's just agree that all the cases in this segment are small, in fact ridiculously small and instead focus on features, performance, flexibility, design, compatibility and personal preferences. Together we will keep pushing the expectation in the PC case industry.

With that said, we will rephrase this part in all our communication prior to the launch and will not market the case in relation to alternatives.

Last edited:
still waiting zzz

Any update regarding the start of the Kickstarter campaign, will it be this weekend or early next week?

Guys!

We are planning to launch early next week if nothing major appears during the last couple of days. The movie is 99% and the last details of the campaign are being adjusted.

We would greatly appreciate a last round of feedback, both on the homepage and any technical pointers of the product before we push the button!

www.louqe.com

5.png

On the Kickstarter page there should be details of noise and temperature levels of the case, and also a list of recommended CPU coolers would be appreciated.

How do you propose that they give noise and temperature levels when these will vary depending on what hardware is installed in the case?

I mean from an example configuration, like a 7700k and a GTX 1070 or something lower specced, just to give people some idea of the performance of the case.

I mean from an example configuration, like a 7700k and a GTX 1070 or something lower specced, just to give people some idea of the performance of the case.
Sure, but then it's going to depend on which CPU cooler they use, exactly which model of 1070, and various other factors. I get where you're coming from but I just think that the information you're asking for isn't particularly helpful as its subject to so many variables.

when are you expecting to start the shippings?
what can this offer more than a dan a4 sfx apart the modular top?

You can fit a slightly larger heatsink. Dan A4's 48mm (50mm touching the panel) max vs Ghost's 65mm. The configuration is roughly the same outside of that. The A4 you don't have much room for unique mods where this one will have a lot more options with the hats and the extra space on the motherboard side.

You can fit a slightly larger heatsink. Dan A4's 48mm (50mm touching the panel) max vs Ghost's 65mm. The configuration is roughly the same outside of that. The A4 you don't have much room for unique mods where this one will have a lot more options with the hats and the extra space on the motherboard side.

You can mount the PSU at bottom or top, as well. And in their latest version they seemed to perforate the bottom plate with a hole pattern to allow for better ventilation. So it might be overall better at case air flow than the A4, especially if using a TopHat with fans. Don't know if that changes the noise profile of the case though. Hopefully it is still quiet. And another difference is of course the materials used, which seems to be more premium. Thicker and stronger, and no plastic anywhere if I understood correctly.

Why will there be no classic silver option? :(
Just typical silver untreated aluminium like on Apple product for example.

Current GPU dimension compatibility

305 x 144 x 41 mm with filter on GPU side
305 x 144 x 46 mm no filter on GPU side

GPU Width compatibility

The current depth of the GPU side of the case is 51 mm, Spine to inside of shell. this is adjustable and the real estate on this side of the Spine is competing with multiple components on the other side. Adjusting this would mean new tooling and some heavy lifting. Frazhna What is your opinion on the distribution here case?

I'd really like to use the Gaming X 1080 ti because of the noise to temp performance. It's listed as 51mm thick. (I might take the backplate off to trim a mm or 2 off.) So is 46mm or 51mm the utmost max depth/thickness?

I'm liking what i'm seeing here! for cable management, I don't see how's that going to work. cablemod custom length? other than that, seems like the natural evolution of the gpu behind the motherboard concept. i'm impressed! love the tophat idea. If only it was made last year. I would have bought this and watercooled my cpu to 5ghz. haha. good luck to you guys! you're going to love this I'm sure!

I'd really like to use the Gaming X 1080 ti because of the noise to temp performance. It's listed as 51mm thick. (I might take the backplate off to trim a mm or 2 off.) So is 46mm or 51mm the utmost max depth/thickness?

The maximum width is 46mm, the 5 mm that are left on the GPU-side are creating a space between the spine and the GPU. The riser needs a few mm and the rounded corner on the inside of the spine requires 1,5mm. Theoretically you would fit a wider card, but it would not fit nicely in the back side slot.

I'm liking what i'm seeing here! for cable management, I don't see how's that going to work. cablemod custom length? other than that, seems like the natural evolution of the gpu behind the motherboard concept. i'm impressed! love the tophat idea. If only it was made last year. I would have bought this and watercooled my cpu to 5ghz. haha. good luck to you guys! you're going to love this I'm sure!

I'm not sure I understand this, is there a question regarding the cable management solution in there?

This forum has asked for some testing results, temps and dB figures. Presented below are the results from the latest tests. We would want to see the ghost be fully inaudible with air cooling under full load. Increasing the open area of the sides is showing promising results. presented here soon.

I'm not sure these kind of details are digestible by everyone. I agree this should be presented in some way on the homepage to give some sort of idea, let us think about this one.

Results1.png

Results2.png

Results4.png

This forum has asked for some testing results, temps and dB figures. Presented below are the results from the latest tests. We would want to see the ghost be fully inaudible with air cooling under full load. Increasing the open area of the sides is showing promising results. presented here soon.

I'm not sure these kind of details are digestible by everyone. I agree this should be presented in some way on the homepage to give some sort of idea, let us think about this one.

Results1.png

Results2.png

Results4.png
Very nice.
What watercooling configuration did you use? 240mm rad cooling both cpu and gpu?

Gives significantly better CPU cooling, which is worth it for that little IMO.

It's the reason I went Ncase M1 over A4-SFX.

Now if only the Zalman extremes were still in production.

I’d like to start with thanking everyone for the huge engagement, input and feedback. We are spending the last few days before the launch to polish the homepage and incorporating the last pointers we have received. Thank you again! We will not stop listening now, everything that has been said and that will be said here is considered for this or coming products.

The launching details for Ghost S1: This Tuesday 18th of April 22:00 CET

SYDNEY 06:00 (19 APRIL)
TOKYO 05:00 (19 APRIL)
SEOUL 05:00 (19 APRIL)
HONG KONG 04:00 (19 APRIL)
STOCKHOLM 22:00
LONDON 21:00
NEW YORK 17:00
LOS ANGELES 14:00

Last edited:
Nice video, a little too fast for my taste, but well done! :)

However, if this is the final version of the case, I'm disappointed that you're not cutting out the perforated area on the Core. 58% open area versus 100%. That's a big difference in cooling, especially coupled with the top cover.
Seriously, why are you keeping that perforated area? It serves no purpose, other than marginal contribution to rigidity...

Nice video, a little too fast for my taste, but well done! :)

However, if this is the final version of the case, I'm disappointed that you're not cutting out the perforated area on the Core. 58% open area versus 100%. That's a big difference in cooling, especially coupled with the top cover.
Seriously, why are you keeping that perforated area? It serves no purpose, other than marginal contribution to rigidity...
How does cutting something off the core improve performances? I dont get it.

I’d like to start with thanking everyone for the huge engagement, input and feedback. We are spending the last few days before the launch to polish the homepage and incorporating the last pointers we have received. Thank you again! We will not stop listening now, everything that has been said and that will be said here is considered for this or coming products.

NEW YORK 16:00
LOS ANGELES 15:00

Does super early Bird Will be with tophats included or the Will be separately?

Does super early Bird Will be with tophats included or the Will be separately?

Super early Bird will be available in XS only, there are many configurations and we want to keep the reward complexity down. One and the same price for any TopHat - same reason.

NEW YORK 16:00
LOS ANGELES 15:00

If the first batch of cases is manufactured in Europe I guess taxes (VAT) are included in the price for European backers?

Yes it will be manufactured in Europe, I've already asked that question. :D and yes Europen backers won't have to pay any taxes, just for case and shipping

I think your NY and LA times are wrong. NY should be 17:00 and LA should be 14:00 when it comes to 22:00 CET

Man, this thing is really sleek. Good luck!

Edit: Can you snap on the extra compartments on the bottom also?

Last edited:
Case looks great, tophat idea is pretty cool. Also the bigger CPU cooler height options make this intriguing and I appreciate the motherboard cutout for easy mounting. I would add to the chorus here asking for some more ventilation on the bottom and wondering about the perforated panel on the "core" piece and how that affects air flow.

I am curious about this comment earlier Pachalski :

I'm working daily using this case and I never hear it, not even during gaming hour with a i7700 and an MSI 1080 ti in it.

Is that a 1080Ti on air? If so how is that possible? I have a Dan A4 and while your case is a little different it's not that different, at least in its default config. My 1080Ti FE sounds like a small hairdryer when gaming (albeit while playing demanding titles at 4K). At idle and just while browsing the internet my case is basically silent also, but at load my GPU is really loud and from reading about AIBs it doesn't seem any of them are inaudible either under load....

I basically would expect this case to have better thermals and noise than the A4 if you're using a bigger cooler and/or watercooling, which to me is the selling point here. But with basically the same components, for example a stock air cooled Ti (any of them), I would not expect much improvement over the same component in the A4, correct me if I am wrong? And I am asking as a curious possible buyer, not as a nitpicker! Like I said I really like the case.

Last edited:
I'm bummed too. Would have thought about backing this instead of the A4 SFX v2 but that's a dealbreaker.
There will be a golden nugget at 200% pledge level that will be offered to all backers before that level is reached as a free option that might just satisfy you ;)

Man, this thing is really sleek. Good luck!

Edit: Can you snap on the extra compartments on the bottom also?
Not right no, but this is a living platform that will be in constant evolution with full compatibility for years. A solution is being worked on now in this area and it is looking promising.

Reactions: goldy
like this
Back