Ghost of Tsushima

I mean... yea its odd to even own one.
There is going to be that one game that everyone wants that won't be on PC.
Either that I can use it for 4K movie or 4K Blue Ray player. Last Disk version of a Movie I picked up was SOLO Star Wars thought it was pretty good.

Not sure if this was posted you are paying more for the 60fps on PS5 seems like this game is on high demand every cheaper copy on ebay has a bid.

Not sure if this was posted you are paying more for the 60fps on PS5 seems like this game is on high demand every cheaper copy on ebay has a bid.

Dunno why you would play this PS4 version on PS5 when the proper PS5 Director's Cut version is out with more graphical upgrades.

The game has been $40 or so on PSN a bunch of times. I stopped bothering with physical copies since PSN usually matches brick and mortar sales and it's much more convenient for me to not have to store and swap discs to play games.

Think I'll just save Bing Rewards points and use Amazon. Something I can't do with Steam

Dunno why you would play this PS4 version on PS5 when the proper PS5 Director's Cut version is out with more graphical upgrades.

The game has been $40 or so on PSN a bunch of times. I stopped bothering with physical copies since PSN usually matches brick and mortar sales and it's much more convenient for me to not have to store and swap discs to play games.

Yeah just found that out about Disk swapping you would think it would just read off the SSD.

lol Ghost of Tushima is 127 gigs I'm better off getting a disk than download that off wifi.
The thing is sure you can buy digital but if you ever sell your system people are going to look at the hard copies first.
The thing is I really don't want the game really I have so much better stuff on Steam and Epic.
I'm just in for exclusives hoping Wolverine wont' be a bomb.

lol Ghost of Tushima is 127 gigs I'm better off getting a disk than download that off wifi.
The thing is sure you can buy digital but if you ever sell your system people are going to look at the hard copies first.
The thing is I really don't want the game really I have so much better stuff on Steam and Epic.
I'm just in for exclusives hoping Wolverine wont' be a bomb.
lol maybe if you download both the ps5 and ps4 version.

I am a few hours into act 2 and yah, the loot quests for useless headbands is dragging on. Also the act 2 has an overwhelming amount of stuff to do and it feels scattered. Even though act 1 was all over the place, it all fit tougher.

Without much else to play right now, I DL'd this from PSN since it was $20 off. I'm a few hours in and I'd say it's pretty good so far. It might be the single most derivative game from recent memory, but at least it's copying good games.

I'm going to try this tomorrow I played a bit Locking on enemies kinda has me lost because you can't just hope the camera is auto adjusting.

I'm going to try this tomorrow I played a bit Locking on enemies kinda has me lost because you can't just hope the camera is auto adjusting.

I'm finding that to be pretty clumsy thus far. There's a lock-on function you can enable, but it doesn't seem to always work. Beyond that, it seems to be mostly Souls-like with some additional nuance (Nioh-like stances, jumping, duels, etc.). Dying also seems to have minimal impact on your progress, but I could be missing something. It's a good game and one that looks and feels extremely polished. It's just extremely unoriginal when it comes to gameplay.

EDIT: I'm starting to think this is one of those games that console reviewers gave a free pass to. It's in no way bad, but the 10/10 GOTY stuff is pretty ridiculous. Ditto with people saying "just because it's a samurai game doesn't mean it's like Nioh" even though it VERY much is. I'd probably like it a lot more if I hadn't played all of the games it borrowed from.

Last edited:
Just got to the early in game where you get you find your Katana in the burning village. Then did the training under the tree for button mashing.I can see why this game became popular it's not souls hard the non Auto locking doest bother me just gotta rotate the camera with thumb sticks. The character Animations are well done I thought they might be butt ugly.

I've done 3-4 of the main story missions, about 25 random location missions, found a pile of random headbands, unlocked most of the starting sword techniques, etc. I think I'm far enough to have a solid opinion on it. I think it's a good overall package, but it's still completely unoriginal. I have yet to find one single new or innovative thing anywhere. It's probably most similar to the first Nioh with Assassin's Creed's open world elements tossed in. You're constantly getting attacked by 3-4 people at once so I kinda get the weird lock-on, but it's still an annoyance. I find myself running around and trying to break up groups more than I'd like.

After all its updates people can dial in this game just about any way they want. They even added different control schemes.

I still think this game is one of the best of its kind in the last several years. That doesn't mean it's original... what is, really?...but it just executes it REALLY well for my money.

I had this Boss at Walmart he told me I had to play this game his kids must of played it in the PS4 that was three years ago. He doesn't work at our store cause they wanted him to take a pay cut in Online Grocery Pickup. He works at Frito Lay now last I heard.

I got to the fishing village part a guy with a huge hammer knocked me down a few times but he's really easy to dodge. The camera tries it's best to put you in the action but sometimes you run into a jam. Picked the DLC horse a brown horse thought the white horse clashed too much.

I'm not sure how far into the game I am, but I'd guess I'm at least 40-50% in. It's still basically the Assassin's Creed game that Ubisoft refused to make, so some other developer made it instead.
After early sections were pretty easy, the difficulty has increased quite a bit since I opened up the northern areas. Some of it is probably muscle memory since the enemies are essentially doing the same thing, but attacking 2-3 times in a row instead of once, though. Elden Ring has spoiled for for horses in pretty much every other game. In this game by the time I get on a horse, I'm being forced to get off of it again. They can't handle raised terrain, deeper water, falls longer than a couple feet, and combat on them isn't particularly effective. As a result, I find myself running everywhere instead. My horse is really only for flat terrain and especially long distances and even then, only once until I can fast travel.

Last edited:
Just picked up Heavenly Strike some of these areas in the game like the Golden Forest are amazing wish I could post a screenshot.
Update: You can using a 2.0 USB drive see if I can upload a Trophy video.

Last edited:
Ghost of Tsushima_20221113092020.jpg

I been playing this game for 2 weeks now hour a day (got kids) and it's really good only thing is it does get pretty repetitive with the same old fighting bandits and saving random villagers.. also I don't know what it is that they give you after you save them most of them say here take this but nothing is exchanged??? That I can see or look at in the menu lol

I been playing this game for 2 weeks now hour a day (got kids) and it's really good only thing is it does get pretty repetitive with the same old fighting bandits and saving random villagers.. also I don't know what it is that they give you after you save them most of them say here take this but nothing is exchanged??? That I can see or look at in the menu lol

They usually give you things like money, linen, wood, etc. or just XP. It's worth helping them if they're on the way to something, but you don't have to help every group you encounter. I was able to max out roughly 75% of the different outfits (and all of the weapons) just by hitting up the stuff directly on my path to the next objective.

just like most open world games like this, you need to space out how much time you spend doing random shit in the open world vs working on story missions. if you spend all your time just exploring the map and killing random groups of bandits etc, yeah, it's gonna get boring super fast. gotta force yourself to do a story mission or two every 30 mins or whatever so you don't start getting bored and put the game down forever.

just like most open world games like this, you need to space out how much time you spend doing random shit in the open world vs working on story missions. if you spend all your time just exploring the map and killing random groups of bandits etc, yeah, it's gonna get boring super fast. gotta force yourself to do a story mission or two every 30 mins or whatever so you don't start getting bored and put the game down forever.
Yea that what got me. I got burned out by the time I got to the 3rd region and haven't played it since. I pretty much 100% the first 2 regions. My OCD really kicks in with these open world games. I don't want too do every little thing but end up trying to.

Yea that what got me. I got burned out by the time I got to the 3rd region and haven't played it since. I pretty much 100% the first 2 regions. My OCD really kicks in with these open world games. I don't want too do every little thing but end up trying to.
i know exactly what you mean. it's very hard for me to finish most open world games unless the story is VERY engaging (witcher 3 for example.)

Yeah I have that issue also I did it more because I wanted to get more technique points to build up the character .... I'm on the second region and I still run around uncovering the rest of the fog in the first region.

Yeah I have that issue also I did it more because I wanted to get more technique points to build up the character .... I'm on the second region and I still run around uncovering the rest of the fog in the first region.
Yea and I was so over powered that nothing was a challenge.

Tsushima is one of those games where you don't really need to be all that powerful until pretty late in the game. Once you get used to the combat system, you can mostly keep doing the same stuff (weak or strong) against 95% of enemies. When you first start running into Ronin they'll seem strong, but it's just a matter of adjusting to how they attack. Being powerful really only starts to matter in duels, endgame fights, and in the DLC island. It's worth noting that you can end up in the DLC pretty damn early in the game. You don't wanna go there yet if you can help it. The game makes it pretty obvious, so you're unlikely to stumble upon it by mistake.

Yeah I guess I came across to this game as if it was elden ring and I shouldn't play it like a fromsoft game... Getting OP early like in their games isn't necessary in ghost..

Back