Gateway(R) One GZ7220, dual-channel?

Nobu

[H]F Junkie
I'm not planning on getting one myself, but I found it interesting that on the specs it says that it has "3072 DDR2 dual-channel memory"
Memory
3072MB DDR2 dual-channel memory
(1 x 2048MB + 1 x 1024MB), 667MHz SO-DIMM (PC2-5300)
Expandable to 4GB
2 DDR2 slots (total), 0 DDR2 slots (available)
I find, from my experience, that dual-channel in that configuration would be really difficult.

I'm guessing they meant the memory is rated for dual-channel, and not that it is running dual-channel. What do you guys think about this?

edit: Page here.

Nah, SO-DIMMs are just smaller versions of DIMMs.

To quote wikipedia
So, then, a DIMM is a dual in-line memory module. I would guess that "small outline" describes the smaller amount of space that the DIMM takes up.

Didn't know what DIMM stood for, but I knew it was system memory, same stuff as RAM(Random Access Memory), just a certain variety of RAM.

Dude sodimms are not normally used as main memory in desktops. Guess all you want. I am done.

I didn't mean to offend you, if I did, I apologize.

One could argue that this is not a normal desktop though, since it's mostly integrated into a single unit. I'm not saying you're wrong though, as there is a possibility that that is their purpose. But since that is the only reference to memory in on the page that I saw, I'm assuming that it is the main memory.

Anyway, your point is made. I don't want to make anyone mad, just wanted people's opinion.

Back