garage computer

matt167

[H]ard|Gawd
What are some recomendations for a cheap, garage computer? Just built a 20x25 unheated detached garage. Would like a cheap computer capable of playing youtube at ~480P for the purpose of vehicle repairs and such and playing music.. It will be heated while in use. I have a 135k btu salamander that has a thermostat and can make it toasty.

I was thinking some type of laptop, covered up by a blanket when not in use. I don't want to spend over $100

Just about anything, from used washed up junk to raspberry pi's. Do you have a monitor and such laying around? You could probably get a used Optiplex off eBay that would do the trick for well under the budget. I think I have one laying around I'd let go of cheap.

Or just find a decent laptop on eBay. My work laptop is ancient and they sell on eBay for $150 easy. It's a E72-something, and I have to use it every day for actual work (and occasional AutoCAD), so something like that would be a perfect garage computer. It's actually pretty nicely sized and would probably fit in a toolbox drawer.

I forgot I even had a Dell D620 that actually has OBD II software and a cable on it. It's a little slow but might work for me

Back