Gaming PC Build Critique - minus graphics card

Minorhero

n00b
Hello folks!

Here I was cruising along just fine on my 5 year old pc only to discover that my cpu is not even supported by Windows 11. Guess its time to upgrade? Yeah I know there are workarounds etc but this is as good an excuse as any.

Here is what I am thinking about:

https://newegg.io/3490c26

For GPU I will be reusing my nvidia 2070 until such time as I can get a modern graphics card for msrp.

This computer will be used for gaming and photo editing plus the regular internet/word processing stuff. I have a decent usb wifi dongle already as well. I will not be overclocking.

Thoughts?

Thank ya all for any help.

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Just a few small things:
  • That CPU cooler uses a small 92 mm fan. I'd rather one with at least a 120 mm unit.
  • Since you're not overclocking you might save some cash by stepping down to DDR4-3200 RAM (the stock speed).
  • The Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB (AFAIK a superior SSD) is currently on sale for slightly less than that Gigabyte unit.
  • A NAS HDD will probably be OK, but maybe not the best choice. The Toshiba X300 or the WD Black would be better options I'd think.

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Just a few small things:
  • That CPU cooler uses a small 92 mm fan. I'd rather one with at least a 120 mm unit.
  • Since you're not overclocking you might save some cash by stepping down to DDR4-3200 RAM (the stock speed).
  • The Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB (AFAIK a superior SSD) is currently on sale for slightly less than that Gigabyte unit.
  • A NAS HDD will probably be OK, but maybe not the best choice. The Toshiba X300 or the WD Black would be better options I'd think.
Thank you! This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for. Made changes and purchased :)

Back