smh

Weaksauce
I upgraded my PC recently, the specs are:
Motherboard: H510M S2H rev 1
GPU: GIGABYTE OC G1 GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
CPU: i3 10100f
RAM: 2 x Geil EVO Potenza 8GB DDR4 RAM 3200Mhz
PSU: MWE 650 White
and even in a game like Strongholds Warlords which is not heavy for these specs, I'm barely getting 40~50 FPS on low settings with 1360x768 resolution, and Battlefield V is completely unplayable it runs
on 10~30 FPS!!!
I have all of the motherboards drivers installed, the graphics driver is also up to date
I've tried reinstalling the graphics driver multiple times with DDU
I've switched my RAM's slot, unplugged and replugged my GPU, didn't fix it
tried reinstalling windows too
I'm actually so upset that I can't use the new setup properly, it's been 2 weeks now:(
does anybody know how to fix this? please help :((((

BFV:
Screenshot (10).png

And this is the Hwinfo64 app running in the background while running BFV:
CeK6YBA.png

Strongholds Warlords: (Ultra settings with 1360x768 resolution)
Screenshot (3).png

switch your setting to 1080p/medium, see how they run.
my monitor maximum resolution is 1360x768, I can't run on that, and it doesn't matter what quality I play, it's always laggy, the FPS goes a little bit higher, but it's not normal, it should be much much higher than that

my monitor maximum resolution is 1360x768, I can't run on that, and it doesn't matter what quality I play, it's always laggy, the FPS goes a little bit higher, but it's not normal, it should be much much higher than that
well i dont know about "much much" but yes i think it should be higher. the 1050 just isnt a ultra settings card, hence the suggestion. got a tv thats 1080 to try on? what the cpu acting like in hwinfo? maybe try max performance in the control panel. do you have any utilities running the background?

You might want to monitor your GPU boost clocks using something like Afterburner. Unfortunately min and max doesn't tell us the whole story.

Also, I'm not sure if HW info is just reporting info incorrectly but your max GPU clocks are a good amount above the cards stock boost clocks. If you have any over clocks disable them for now.

Is this a new build or did you just upgrade a few parts? Do you have the old build or components available to swap \ test?

Did you buy your GPU on ebay ?

I do not know anything about any of that, but could it be a fake 1050 ti ?

Because the GPU usage is really high it seem in your benchmark info, which could make it unlikely that there is an issue with anything else not feeding it fast enough.

Do you have an old spare card lying around that you can try ?

well i dont know about "much much" but yes i think it should be higher. the 1050 just isnt a ultra settings card, hence the suggestion. got a tv thats 1080 to try on? what the cpu acting like in hwinfo? maybe try max performance in the control panel. do you have any utilities running the background?
My current monitor, it's not a monitor actually, it's a TV, it supports 1080p but the game quality is not sharp, I can try that, and what is max performance? you mean the power profile? it's already on high performance, and no there's nothing special running in the background

You might want to monitor your GPU boost clocks using something like Afterburner. Unfortunately min and max doesn't tell us the whole story.

Also, I'm not sure if HW info is just reporting info incorrectly but your max GPU clocks are a good amount above the cards stock boost clocks. If you have any over clocks disable them for now.

Is this a new build or did you just upgrade a few parts? Do you have the old build or components available to swap \ test?
No, I don't have any overclocks, and I upgraded all the parts except the gpu and the ssd and hdd, and no I sold the old build

My current monitor, it's not a monitor actually, it's a TV, it supports 1080p but the game quality is not sharp, I can try that, and what is max performance? you mean the power profile? it's already on high performance, and no there's nothing special running in the background
try it just to test. in nvidas control panel thing, theres a 3d performance box or something like that, set it to max to test.

Did you buy your GPU on ebay ?

I do not know anything about any of that, but could it be a fake 1050 ti ?

Because the GPU usage is really high it seem in your benchmark info, which could make it unlikely that there is an issue with anything else not feeding it fast enough.

Do you have an old spare card lying around that you can try ?

No I didn't buy it from ebay, and the gpu was working correctly with my previous setup which had i5 3570s, 12GB DDR3 Ram, H61M E, ATX330 PSU, but now after upgrading, it's not working, and I've just cleaned my GPU with an air compressor while I was waiting for the new build, and unfortunately I sold the old build

Did you buy this retail or from less than reputable sites? I suspect it might be a case of a fake GPU as well.

There's 1 video on YouTube showing a 1050ti getting 70FPS on 1080p ultra.

Also, toggle on Core/Mem clocks in Afterburner, see if there's anything wrong there.

Did you buy this retail or from less than reputable sites? I suspect it might be a case of a fake GPU as well.

There's 1 video on YouTube showing a 1050ti getting 70FPS on 1080p ultra.
I bought it from retail, but it was working with my previous setup which had a weaker cpu and ram and even psu, but now after upgrading it doesn't work like before

try it just to test. in nvidas control panel thing, theres a 3d performance box or something like that, set it to max to test.
I've only found this option and changed it from optimal power to max performance
1630598727660.png

and here's the game with medium/1080p, I don't know what it's looking sharp and good in the screenshot, but in game, it's kinda blurry and over brightened
Screenshot (13).png

yeah thats the box. image looks fine to me BUT fps is low. have you tried ddu and an older driver?
I always used DDU in safe mode to uninstall drivers, I haven't tested a VERY old driver but I've test one of the older ones like 466.67, no difference

GPU-Z looks fine. Can you download Cinebench R20 and to a multi-core benchmark for the CPU?

Also, does the system stutter or audio crackling?

GPU-Z looks fine. Can you download Cinebench R20 and to a multi-core benchmark for the CPU?

Also, does the system stutter or audio crackling?
I'll download it, Yeah exactly, the audio is so noisy, I haven't experienced stutter on desktop, but for the audio, when I play video file formats(mostly happens with movies, but I've seen it happening with mp3 too but it happens rarely) and after a few seconds if I let the video just continue playing, then the noise gets fixed automatically, I've tested other video players too, no difference, even youtube is the same, since you asked this yourself, what does this audio noise can be related to? I thought that this is related to GPU as well, because it happens mostly with movies when the gpu is active, but very rarely in mp3 or musics because that doesn't require gpu, I've only seen once that the mp3 file has noise, and it quickly got fixed after 1 or 2 seconds, maybe it was because I was playing a movie before that, and the gpu was still being used, and then I quickly played the music file, then that caused that short noise in the beginning but movies have to be played for longer time like 5~10 seconds to get fixed, and in games, the noise doesn't get fixed at all, the noise is consistent

Last edited:
I'll download it, Yeah exactly, the audio is so noisy, I haven't experienced stutter on desktop, but for the audio, when I play video file formats(mostly happens with movies, but I've seen it happening with mp3 too but it happens rarely) and after a few seconds if I let the video just continue playing, then the noise gets fixed automatically, I've tested other video players too, no difference, even youtube is the same, since you asked this yourself, what does this audio noise can be related to? I thought that this is related to GPU as well, because it happens mostly with movies when the gpu is active, but very rarely in mp3 or musics because that doesn't require gpu, I've only seen once that the mp3 file has noise, and it quickly got fixed after 1 or 2 seconds, maybe it was because I was playing a movie before that, and the gpu was still being used, and then I quickly played the music file, then that caused that short noise in the beginning but movies have to be played for longer time like 5~10 seconds to get fixed, and in games, the noise doesn't get fixed at all, the noise is consistent

Okay, we might have a lead!!

Please download LatencyMon from https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon, run it and post a screenshot of it while you're playing games.

I saw in another thread that sometimes some wonky stuff happens with Windows and the NVIDIA driver, causing sky-high DPC latency, causing extreme stutter, low FPS and audio crackling. Seems like yours might also be the same.

Okay, we might have a lead!!

Please download LatencyMon from https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon, run it and post a screenshot of it while you're playing games.

I saw in another thread that sometimes some wonky stuff happens with Windows and the NVIDIA driver, causing sky-high DPC latency, causing extreme stutter, low FPS and audio crackling. Seems like yours might also be the same.
running battlefield v low settings / 1360x768 res, bios is updated btw
Screenshot (26).png

View attachment 391144
also the first bar "Current measured interrupt to process latency" is not static,it fluctuates a lot, going to 3000 or so, and then goes back, you probably knew this but I just wanted to mention it

View attachment 391144

Now we're getting somewhere.

Can you do the following sanity checklists:
Update to latest BIOS.
Update all Intel-related drivers using Intel Driver Support Assistant.
Update your motherboard's Audio, LAN, WiFi... drivers to latest from Gigabyte's website.

I suspect this is what's causing the low FPS despite high GPU usage.

Update to latest BIOS.
Update your motherboard's Audio, LAN, WiFi... drivers to latest from Gigabyte's website.

I hope that we get somewhere but I've already done these :(
I've already updated my BIOS
intel assistant says that there's no new update found
all motherboard drivers are up to date and installed except the mb_driver_611_graphicdch which shows an error saying that my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements, maybe that's because my cpu doesn't have an integrated graphic?

Update to latest BIOS.

I should also say that the audio is only noisy when I play it through my monitor, the sound of headphones are ok and doesn't have any noise, and I noticed that there is a little stutter sometimes while working with desktop, like when I open the start window, or opening a menu or something, it lags a little bit at the first time

Were you using this monitor \ TV with the old setup? and connected via the same method if so?

I would try resetting the bios to defaults if you haven't already. Just incase something silly got tweaked.

I have never heard of the latency issue trandoanhung1991 had you test for. Hopefully they can give your more info on how to resolve.

As part of the sanity checklist you may want to run memtest https://www.memtest86.com/tech_creating-window.html I'm not sure this would cause your issue but I have seen bad RAM cause all sorts of strange issues when it's just a little bad (a few errors in memtest rather than a screen of errors).

When you reloaded did you use current install media? You could try using the MS install media creation tool if you haven't already https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I would try resetting the bios to defaults if you haven't already. Just incase something silly got tweaked.

I have never heard of the latency issue trandoanhung1991 had you test for. Hopefully they can give your more info on how to resolve.

As part of the sanity checklist you may want to run memtest https://www.memtest86.com/tech_creating-window.html I'm not sure this would cause your issue but I have seen bad RAM cause all sorts of strange issues when it's just a little bad (a few errors in memtest rather than a screen of errors).

When you reloaded did you use current install media? You could try using the MS install media creation tool if you haven't already https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
no I've tried resetting the bios to defaults
I'll see if I can test the rams, but they're ok I guess, I think the main issue is with GPU
No I downloaded windows iso file and made a bootable USB, and installed it from there on my SSD, every time formatting my SSD
but the windows is not the issue either, I've changed my windows 3 times now, to be honest, I have a headache right now because of this stupid unknown problem, it's been 2 weeks that I'm digging the whole internet, I've asked on multiple websites, Tom's hardware, Linus tech tips, here, hardwarecanucks, techrepublic, etc 😔

Stranger things have happened, but I would assume the GPU is fine if it worked well in the old system. Most reports I have found of the mentioned latency issue were resolved with BIOS or driver updates.

Did you get the new components from a retailer with easy returns like amazon? If you are still within the return window It may be worth while to just return them and re-order, possibly with a different model mobo just to be safe. It's going to be hard to eliminate the possibility of a hardware issue without other components or computers to swap bits around.

Edit: You could also try contacting gigabyte support to see if they have any ideas. They may tell you too bad, but it's worth a shot at this point.

Edit2: I see an eset icon in one of your screen shots. Have you tried testing with a fresh install of just Windows, drivers, and your games??

Last edited:
Stranger things have happened, but I would assume the GPU is fine if it worked well in the old system. Most reports I have found of the mentioned latency issue were resolved with BIOS or driver updates.

Did you get the new components from a retailer with easy returns like amazon? If you are still within the return window It may be worth while to just return them and re-order, possibly with a different model mobo just to be safe. It's going to be hard to eliminate the possibility of a hardware issue without other components or computers to swap bits around.

Edit: You could also try contacting gigabyte support to see if they have any ideas. They may tell you too bad, but it's worth a shot at this point.

Edit2: I see an eset icon in one of your screen shots. Have you tried testing with a fresh install of just Windows, drivers, and your games??
The gpu is fine as hardware view, but I think the issue is software related, I don't know, I've updated BIOS and all the drivers
I might be able to return my motherboard, but I don't think the website itself accept any returns, but it has a warranty, I don't know if they accept this issue to return a new mobo
I'll contact the gigabyte support, I'm currently going to reinstall an older build of windows 10
Yes I tried games without any extra softwares as well, but it had no difference

Are you running these games in windowed or fullscreen mode?

Just to rule out hardware issues, could you run a benchmark like passmark on your GPU? The site says a 1050Ti should get around 6327, so yours should be able get pretty close to that.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

Welcome to Nvidia driver audio latency hell. You mentioned the audio crackling doesn't happen with headphones-try entirely disabling the Nvidia HDMI Audio in Device Manager and check DPC latency and performance again.

Back