G-7 Lasermouse

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
I am not usually a big fan of wireless devices as their performance tends to suck compared to wired things.

Anyway, I have really wanted to try the G7 Lasermouse as at least on paper, it looked like it might do what the MX1000 claimed, but failed to do. And that's deliver comparable performance to the wired mice. The MX1000 has some strange issues, not really necessarily a lag problem, but issues none the less.

Well I've been using the G7 now for about an hour. Not really any gaming yet, but so far indications are good. I've spent time surfing the web and tracking it around the screen, looking for jumps and or jerkiness in the pointer movement. So far I can't tell the difference between the G7 and the G5 Lasermouse. Of which I own as well and have been using for the last two months I think. Or whatever day it was released. I will update you guys when I have put some gaming time into it.

Right now I am finishing my server system that I'll use for storing my files (pr0n and other things.) :cool:

I got the G5, over the G7 for a vew reasons.

1. The texture onthe G5 is much better. Not that slippery plasticy feel.
2. Removeable weights.
3. The G7's color is girlific.

I just upgraded from the MX1000. The only thing I miss about it is the two thumb buttons. I have no idea why Logitech thought gamers didnt want two buttons.. arg!

Odd, I dunno what everyone is taling about in regards to weird issues with the MX1k. I've never had any weird issues with mine.

And I too was going to buy the G7 but opted not to because it looks cheaper and feels cheaper than the Mx1000.

Moose777 said:
Odd, I dunno what everyone is taling about in regards to weird issues with the MX1k. I've never had any weird issues with mine.

And I too was going to buy the G7 but opted not to because it looks cheaper and feels cheaper than the Mx1000.

I haven't had an issue with it either, maybe it's the surface? I do have a G7 on the way though. :)

You can find more on the issues with the MX1000 Lasermouse here.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=963208

I have a G5 and a G7 Lasermouse. I have to say I prefer the G7. I was playing games with it, and it was as smooth and responsive as the G5 without the cord. I was amazed. Personally, I think the weight of the G7 is about perfect. So need to adjust it in my eyes.

Additionally, I actually find that my hand slips off the G5 more than the G7. I know the G5 has a textured grip, but I swear my hands don't stick to the thing at all. The G7 has it's own glossy finish, but it doesn't affect the grip in a negative way for me. So far I love it.

Back