FTW3 3090 active backplate comparison? EK, Barrow, Byski

shadow2761

Limp Gawd
Is there any performance comparisons of the active backplates available for a 3090 FTW3?

Seems to be a few options, I could just go with EK with their premium and be sure I have the quality and performance, but I am not sold on the look of their backplate offerings.

I don't mind the other brands looks, but not sure if they will be a downgrade compared to the EK active backplate in comparison.

Anyone have info on the EK active backplate vs the other brands?

EDIT:
Found a good video to answer one of my queries:

Last edited:
Did the ek on a xc3....would recommend going with anyone else....they give you no wiggle room and at least on the xc3 there's no screws around the bridge area to compress it enough without having to push down on the card hard enough I was afraid I was going to break the card

Did the ek on a xc3....would recommend going with anyone else....they give you no wiggle room and at least on the xc3 there's no screws around the bridge area to compress it enough without having to push down on the card hard enough I was afraid I was going to break the card
Same with my asus card. The amount of force I had to put on the cards made me super nervous.

I actually did it twice. The results aren’t bad though. I get some great temps especially when gaming. I’ve done some slight mining and the temps are pretty damn good there too.

OP I didn’t see a comparison so I just jumped on the EK blocks because I have a non reference board.

Back