FSR for PC VR Mod

noko

Supreme [H]ardness
This is an interesting development, since FSR is open source, developers are expanding where it can be used. Here it is very much helpful for Steam users and VR, basically any game that uses Openvr as in most VR games on Steam can have FSR. Guy in video explains it but I had to take a double take on the image differences while he was bragging about basically the frame times going down tremendously, which it does. Could be very useful for very high resolution HMDs and lower end systems.

https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr

Just watched that video and came here to see if anyone posted it. VR will benefit grately from these types of tech. It seems the open source nature of AMD's FSR is already reaping benefits.

I tried this with No Mans Sky and it works great! I do like the results better than the new DLSS feature it has which is slightly too soft looking for my tastes.

Easy to implement even though I didn't need the performance boost. Set at render scale 1.0 it still applies the FSR sharpening filter to edges and really sharpens the contours of aircraft in IL2 on the rift s. Screen door still applies though.

I tried this with No Mans Sky and it works great! I do like the results better than the new DLSS feature it has which is slightly too soft looking for my tastes.

Update to this, I think found the perfect compromise for NMS. With FSR I disabled the scaling but maxed out the sharpening and used that with DLSS. This made the softening less jarring and still provides DLSS superior upscaling, particularly on distant objects which tended to be noisy and jaggy with FSR upscaling. 👍

Reactions: noko
like this
Back