FS:X399 Designare & TR 2950X Combo

MahoganySoapbox

Limp Gawd
Moved to Ebay, $475 starting bid SOLD

Gigabyte X399 Designare EX (Rev 1.0)
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
Noctua NH-U9 TR4-SP3

EK-FB GA X399 GAMING RGB Monoblock - Nickel

Monoblock & basic GPU are not listed on Ebay. Mention [H] after you win & I'll throw them in.

My heatware

Always inside of a 4U high airflow chassis and never overclocked. Stability is always more important.
I have invoices for everything but the Monoblock, which I purchased from p0lish in Their Sale Thread. These invoices will go to the buyer for warranty/rma purposes

COMPLETE CONTENTS of mobo package included.
I can provide photos of the original unopened items in the MOBO box if requested. Only G Connector, M.2 screw kit, & SATA cables were utilized. Sticker sheet curled on edges from time.

Motherboard has been dusted with spray air; which has occasionally contained bitterant over the years. PCIe slots & RAM slots were cleaned delicately with contact cleaner or 91% isopropyl alcohol during unpowered during maintenance periods. Board ran with a 1900X & Noctua cooler until 2020 (lower wattage), Monoblock & 2950X were installed until 2022, & Noctua cooler was re-installed in 2022 when planned decommission began. Powered by Seasonic Flagship Prime Series SSR-1200PD since purchase with CyberPower PDU & battery backups. Bios currently flashed to F13a version since December 2021.

When transitioning between Noctua to Monoblock, and back, Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut was utilized. Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad 8 was used when mounting the Monoblock; except where an unusual thickness was required & then EK pads were utilized. New pads were utilized when transitioning back to manufacturer Mosfet cooling. Manufacturer provided M.2 pads were utilized with NVMe drives, and I suggest they are replaced before installing your own. If memory serves there were marks in the mounting face of the Noctua NH-U9 which did not impact mounting nor cooling. Didn't want to resurface with glass and wet sanding as the integrated mounting screws would make process difficult & the surface was otherwise good quality.

The EK-FB GA X399 Monoblock has been disassembled for cleaning. My intention is to give it another thorough scrub with water/vinegar solution & a firm bristle toothbrush before shipping out. Some flat head screws have slight indication of rust from sitting. Will be cleaned as well and then very lightly oiled (one drop) before sealing in a small ziploc bag, probably a 3in1 oil unless something else is preferred. Can clean and reassemble as well, but typically suggest the buyer do that for safety.

The Noctua cooler will be removed and shipped in it's own box with fans when purchase is completed. The CPU will not be de-socketed, to protect the pins & maintain mounting pressure, but the carrying pack & tool will be included.

An ASUS EAH5450 SILENT/DI/512MD3(LP) will be included to provide graphics output via HDMI for any setup. (apologies but there's no good links, that overpriced Amazon page is for specification reference only)

20230527_085144.jpg

Happily mistaken that the 2950X had no nicks or marks. When I removed the cooler I recalled that it was actually the old 1900X that was marked.

20230530_174224.jpg
20230530_174219.jpg
20230530_173739.jpg

Showing the marking on the Noctua nickel plating.
20230530_173403.jpg

Intentionally showing a bad image immediately after wiping away paste. Cuz I'm honest, and you'd visually inspect it yourself on purchase.
20230530_173326.jpg

Attachments

• 20230530_172617.jpg
    20230530_172617.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230530_174243.jpg
    20230530_174243.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Man, I almost wish I hadn't blown my annual tech spend earlier this year on a MacBook Air. Free bump - if I had half a grand dumped in my lap, this is where I'd spend it.

Bump - this is pretty much my Plex/File server. 2950x and 2080Ti. Solid setup.
Yep! Lots of power in those cores. I used it for VM's, Plex, containers, add in cards for storage, etc. Great platform for multiple workloads & a lot of PCIe options.

Buying the noctua cooler, alone, would be $90 USD. Buying the bundle gets you that cooler plus you receive a waterblock too!

The more you buy, the more you save!
Keynote-Wrap-Up-Image.png

Last edited:
Moved to Ebay!

See the amended post. The ebay sale doesn't list the amd gpu & monoblock to prevent issues if an uneducated buyer messes up installation. Simply mention [H] after you win & I'll toss them in.

Back