Frozencpu.com going out of business sale 50% off

Nay, Pink Lady. My palate prefers tart apples over sweet ones, but just this side of a Granny Smith. And crisp, not mealy!
Pink lady/cripps pink (same thing) is one of my favorites; especially past February.

They are also one of the sweetest apples...the acidity just covers it up. The acid is the "food" the fruit survives on in storage after it is picked. More acid tends to give a crisper fruit later in the season.

The new cosmic crisp is probably worth a try if you like crisp. It is a sweeter one though. When it was in testing, I was talking to the breeder and he was telling me they stored it for 18mo on CA storage...which is unheard of.

I have been eating them for about 10 years and have never had a bad one. Only one that was so-so.

A tech forum and we are talking about the real apple.

To get into the weeds on this...

Apples are different from many other permanent crops. They are prone to mutations that are sought after. The most common of those is red color. If you think of the Red Delicious apple, it was originally discovered in the 1800s and had just a few red stripes. Back then, it was simply called Delicious. Over 100 years of mutations and selection turned it into a full red apple.

As the selections were made and patented, the owner of the patent would get a royalty for each tree that was planted.

I found a nearly full red mutation of Gala. However, new plantings of Gala have essentially stopped; you can't make the investment back. Furthermore, there was another one very similar discovered about the same time. So I wasn't sure it was worth the time, effort and expense.
Super cool stuff to learn that I never knew. (y) Thank you very much for sharing!

Thanks for getting me to spend $90 I wasn't planning on. Best deal I saw was 3/8 to 5/8 (10/16mm) Bitspower rotary compression fittings for $5 each. And that's before the half price discount. I only bought 5 as I need more of them like a hole in the head. I left 7 there though. I also ordered some Koolance QD3s. They weren't in stock, but orderable. We'll see if they make it before they close the doors. For half price, why not?

Thanks for getting me to spend $90 I wasn't planning on. Best deal I saw was 3/8 to 5/8 (10/16mm) Bitspower rotary compression fittings for $5 each. And that's before the half price discount. I only bought 5 as I need more of them like a hole in the head. I left 7 there though. I also ordered some Koolance QD3s. They weren't in stock, but orderable. We'll see if they make it before they close the doors. For half price, why not?
Haha, I did the same. Bought a bunch of bp fittings and a $60 koolance 450s I don't need...then went back and ordered another 450s and a couple boxes of primochill lrt a couple days later! Just cant beat cheap d5s and $13 boxes of lrt black. I've got all the soft tubing I'll need for the next 5 or 10 years.

Haha, I did the same. Bought a bunch of bp fittings and a $60 koolance 450s I don't need...then went back and ordered another 450s and a couple boxes of primochill lrt a couple days later! Just cant beat cheap d5s and $13 boxes of lrt black. I've got all the soft tubing I'll need for the next 5 or 10 years.
I missed the EKWB DDC 4.2 pumps. I would have bought a backup for $45 for sure.

I was about to be all "TIME TO BUY A CASE..." awwwwwwwww.. oh well. Yeah RIP FrozenCPU.. I purchased so much stuff there over the years including my Koolance moded LianLi 1000b.. Loved that case.

EDIT: had to check but I bought that Koolance PC3-725BK case in 2005 at Xoxide... which changed ownership but appears to still be in business! Crazy..

Last edited:
Got my first 50% off order. The good?
Koolance pmp 450 STRONG for $62, nothing better than the most powerful 24v capable d5 (hehe they all are) on the cheep! And,
6 BP stop fittings for 4@$2 and 2@$3ea.
Was supposed to get 2 bottles of Koolance 702BU-B coolant @ $10ea...but one didn't get picked OR packaged according to my packing receipt. The box isn't even big enough for two bottles of coolant and the d5, so yeah. They knew it was short. Waiting to get my return email cuz, gasp, their support number is a recording telling you to call back...their occupied elsewhere. Joy.

EDIT-
Received a response directly from the owner of FrozenCPU Lori Neva this evening. My refund was already processed before I read the email from her!

Jeremy,
My apologies, we are not answering phones at this time due to the number of orders we are packing.

We are out of ex-liq-18

I am going to run your other 2 orders tonight to make sure we have everything and then I can combine them and refund as needed.
Thank you for your patience.

She actually gave me a refund of $24.99 (normal retail price) vs the $10 I paid!

So yeah, they will take care of you if there's a problem with your order.

Last edited:
I bought from them last time and they kept my money and I just was thankful I had Amex.

They became a scam for me. Be careful you night find you get nothing and lose your money.

I bought from them last time and they kept my money and I just was thankful I had Amex.

They became a scam for me. Be careful you night find you get nothing and lose your money.
You must have been dealing with original owner, when he tried to sink the company.

I've already got my gear and the over refund has been posted to my account. I'm gtg. 👍
Just waiting for the other two orders to get here next week. Now that I have the owners email I think I'm sittin pretty lol.

Another Frozen CPU going out for business sale?
fire-sale-everything-must-go.gif

I bought a lot of stuff from them in the early 2010s.
Performance PCs too.
Remember Sidewinder computers? Bought from them as well. Gary was great.
I guess everything will eventually succumb to aliexpress and temo. :sick:

Performance PCs too.
I think my last FrozenCPU order prior to these last three was 3 maybe 4 years ago. And those were only because they had a bonsfide unicorn. A Laing ddc 3.2 for $49.99 ( I bought at least 10 or 12 of them). Nobody else came close to that price. Their next cheapest Laing, Lowara or Xylem was $30 more. After they ran out of the 3.2s I had to stop buying from them. Their prices were just stupid for everything.

Performance-pcs is the biggest wcing store in the world according to their website. I tend to believe it tbh. You can find pretty much anything there, other than the popular older gear that FrozenCPU was good for. Navigating the website still sucks tho, especially if you're on a cell phone. 56k anyone? Haha. Altho they're the ONLY place to buy fragile parts from due to the fact that they are probably the only etailer in existence that still packages gear up the way we do. With peanuts, bubble wrap and appropriate sized boxes. Everyone else has fallen into the Amazon penny pinching black hole. Plastic bags, thick brown paper for padding, padded envelopes and big, mostly empty boxes with the token air packer (hate).

Sidewinder was friggin great. Always had the latest and greatest DD and EK (back when ek was a nobody) gear and If he didn't have it, he could get it for you. I bought all of my pile o DangerDen gear from them. I still have a couple DD GPU and CPU blocks I bought from Sidewinder. After they closed shop Petras pt nuke phn was also lost to the anals of time. For some reason Petras pt nuke CU was still and is still available but it's probably just knock offs.

Edit- yikes, didn't mean to write a book!

I miss Petra's, Sidewinders, SVC, and others more and more every day. PPCs is alright, but their website is a fucking nightmare.
The hobby as a whole became (over-) commercialized and pushed all the original players out :(

Performance PCs too.

Yeah I bought a ton of panaflos and extra loud delta fans from sidewinder computers back 15-20 years ago, I spent a lot of money there. They wwere my got to site for all things fans.

The hobby as a whole became (over-) commercialized and pushed all the original players out :(
I hate when this happens. There was once this really great power supply company called PC Power and Cooling. Their power supplies were US made and were the best of the very best.

Then the competition came and started claiming the same things at a cheaper price or whatnot. Eventually they actually sold to one of those competitors who basically bought them for their name, which they ran into the ground. :(

I wish PC Power and Cooling never tried to compete and just made their solid product for their client base and did things to make their client base fanatically loyal--that seems to be a formula that can keep a company going as long as they don't overextend. I think the same thing could have saved the other companies too.

I hate when this happens. There was once this really great power supply company called PC Power and Cooling. Their power supplies were US made and were the best of the very best.

Then the competition came and started claiming the same things at a cheaper price or whatnot. Eventually they actually sold to one of those competitors who basically bought them for their name, which they ran into the ground. :(

I wish PC Power and Cooling never tried to compete and just made their solid product for their client base and did things to make their client base fanatically loyal--that seems to be a formula that can keep a company going as long as they don't overextend. I think the same thing could have saved the other companies too.
Bro...yes!

PCP&C was at one time, not all that long ago, an iconic brand for those in the know. I wondered what happened to them. Man, I hate to hear that. So many OG players in this game either sold out, went to shit in terms of quality, or otherwise couldn't sustain themselves due to competition. Some you didn't give much of a crap about (hello, OCZ!) while others like PCP&C seemed to be doing it right and providing quality parts for enthusiasts. Damn shame.

What happened to pc power and cooling (HardOCP)

Bought by OCZ, then sold off when they went under. They exist again, but who knows who makes their stuff now. I remember reading about how great the power supplies were in Maximum PC back in the day I think. I wanted to get one, but then decided they were too expensive. My first PSU for a build was Antec. Then I moved on to Corsair and Seasonic.

Bro...yes!

PCP&C was at one time, not all that long ago, an iconic brand for those in the know. I wondered what happened to them. Man, I hate to hear that. So many OG players in this game either sold out, went to shit in terms of quality, or otherwise couldn't sustain themselves due to competition. Some you didn't give much of a crap about (hello, OCZ!) while others like PCP&C seemed to be doing it right and providing quality parts for enthusiasts. Damn shame.
Hands down they were the best. Was a shining example of what 'Made in the USA' was capable of. Too bad cheap asian crap became the norm, and now it's not that cheap anymore since they destroyed competition. This is why we need manufacturing back in the USA again. I have no doubt we can make a $200 power supply just as good as the foreigners if not better.

Probably. I hear the main issue is usually EPA regs and whatnot.
I think with the regulations and suppliers all in place for the components now (RoHS, etc), I don't think EPA would be as much of an issue today. Of course, over on the other side, it's just dump toxins wherever and destroy the planet because 'make money any way you can and F the environment'. That could be one of the hallmarks of production in the west--reduce global warming bc those peep are just making it worse.

Honestly not surprising.

FrozenCPU even with new ownership, after Mark Friga catastrophically tanked the business in 2015 in his drug fueled rampage, probably never recovered relationships with many suppliers, their name was tarnished to most of the community to the point you have folks here in this thread even still thinking they closed, and that event led to Performance PCs growing, due to basically having to fill the void, and new shops like ModMyMods which if I recall is made up of a lot of former FrozenCPU employees.

They should have just shuttered FrozenCPU in 2015 and started over since they had a new owner. That said, sounds like they still had ties to Mark Friga if they are closing to focus on his other business.

My order from 4/11 9:38am finally shipped this afternoon after I was partially refunded on 4/13 for what seems to be some missing EK Quantum Torque 45's. Yet someone else ordered 4/11 3pm and had shipping information on 4/15. They aren't packing and shipping orders in the order they are received that's for sure. They are also pleading for workers on their Facebook page to pack orders. What a sh*t show!

My last two orders came yesterday. Packed together, ordered 4-12 and 4-13. Everything as it should be. Still have a few more bp fittings id like to snag but I'm going to wait to see if they cut prices first.

Edit- they even replenished my peanuts supply!

Holy crap… it’s been a hot minute there TN! Did you ever finish that low flow WC system??
It's been running for about 14 years. Never changed the coolant except for topping off for insensible losses. Ran all kinds of metals including anodized aluminum in the loop with no problems. AC Fluid really works. Finally had to take it apart as the tubing ate itself up. Now I'm revamping Feeding Frenzy with newer hardware.

Last edited:
Bro...yes!

Last time I looked PCP&C was making the Turbo Cool line again. I bought a Turbo Cool 850 SLI and ran it for about 14 years with zero problems except it was noisy as it had a boat type prop for a fan in it Lol

As far as PerformancePCs goes I've been buying stuff from them for almost 2 decades. Now that I live in Palm Bay, FL I'm usually at their facility picking up WC gear a couple times a month. They have a very large warehouse and a lot of employees. Their best deals are on eBay. I recently bought an AC 34098 Ultitube D5 150 for $80 that they said was used, but it was brand new except the box had been opened. I should have bought 2!

My order from 4/11 9:38am finally shipped this afternoon after I was partially refunded on 4/13 for what seems to be some missing EK Quantum Torque 45's. Yet someone else ordered 4/11 3pm and had shipping information on 4/15. They aren't packing and shipping orders in the order they are received that's for sure. They are also pleading for workers on their Facebook page to pack orders. What a sh*t show!
My April 13 order has gone no where so far. Of course, I ordered a couple of items that were "orderable", so I figured I'd be in for the long haul. I don't see them sending two separate shipments at twice the shipping cost. For the prices, I'm fine with the wait as I don't really need any of it anytime soon.

Swiftech D5 pump, $105 after 50% off or $110 every day at performance-pcs. That also ignores that constant supply of 10%+ off promos performance-pcs has. I didn't even shop around.

So are they actually going out of business or is this just one of those fake going out of business sales that the furniture and mattress world is famous for?
the 50% off comes off your total at checkout.

USE CODE: SAVENOW

You had to get in on the sales last night when the article first hit. Most of the good stuff is gone. Now it's just their overpriced crap that's never sold. They had nothing for rads other than a alphacool ut60 360 for $90 while the xt45 360 was $150, just stupid.
I picked up a koolance 450s for $62, some koolance fluid for $10 a bottle and a bunch of bitspower fittings for like $2-$3ea.
There are still some sweet deals if you look.
did you use the discount code? (see previous comment) all their prices are pre-discount so it's actually some killer deals going on. just looked and they still had a few rads some 2 and 3 fan models

... Was a shining example of what 'Made in the USA' was capable of. ...This is why we need manufacturing back in the USA again. I have no doubt we can make a $200 power supply just as good as the foreigners if not better.

Probably. I hear the main issue is usually EPA regs and whatnot.

another main issue is those guys at the top get less of a cut if made in USA... American workers won't work for peanuts like those foreigners will.. They'll slave 12-18 hours a day for a few bucks..
Your good $200 power supply made by foreigners would be $300-400 if made in USA

did you use the discount code? (see previous comment) all their prices are pre-discount so it's actually some killer deals going on. just looked and they still had a few rads some 2 and 3 fan models
Yessir, that's the only reason that I bought so much. Everything I got was half off.
You have to watch for "orderable only" tho (the discount wont work on those) and some have disclaimers under the price in red text that say, no discount will be applied price is already too low iirc (mostly fittings).

the 50% off comes off your total at checkout.

USE CODE: SAVENOW

Did you not read my post? The prices I stated were after discount vs performance-pcs every day price. Frozencpu $210 x 50% = $105. Or peformance-pcs for $110 everyday.

Back