Fresh Windows 7 install, will my optical drives be recognized?

SLP Firehawk

Limp Gawd
I soon plan to re-install windows 7 64 pro on a new SSD in my old (still working) system. My system has 2 optical drives (DVD and BDR) in addition to a card reader. All came assembled from the place I bought it (CyberpowerPC). I am ooncerned that when I re-install windows the drives / drivers might not be found. Do I need to try to research the models and find drivers for these or is there a way to copy drivers from my still working computer to have them ready? Or will Windows 7 automatically find drivers?

If you want to play Blu-ray movies, you'll need Blu-ray player software. Windows won't even be able to read BD discs without the software. Due to the licensing and DRM, you'll need a fairly expensive BD player, like Cyberlinks PowerDVD Ultra:
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/features_en_US.html?r=1

If you want to rip Blu-ray movies to your media storage server, you'll need a different program like AnyDVD HD. Heck of a lot more convenient than constantly swapping discs and wear and tear on your BD drive.
https://www.redfox.bz/en/anydvdhd.html

For DVDs, you'll also need codecs and a player to play them, but fortunately the dvdcss was defeated decades ago and open source players like VLC and Media Player Classic can play normal DVDs.

Thanks everyone. Sorry I didn't explain my question very well. The computer currently has operable DVD writer drive and BDR writer drive which I use with Adobe software to burn DVDS and Blu-rays. Everything works great. But since I am re-installing Windows 7 fresh on a new SSD system drive I am wanting to make sure both those optical drives will be recognized and still work as before once I re-install windows 7 and all my software again. Not sure if I need hardware drivers ready

Thanks everyone. Sorry I didn't explain my question very well. The computer currently has operable DVD writer drive and BDR writer drive which I use with Adobe software to burn DVDS and Blu-rays. Everything works great. But since I am re-installing Windows 7 fresh on a new SSD system drive I am wanting to make sure both those optical drives will be recognized and still work as before once I re-install windows 7 and all my software again. Not sure if I need hardware drivers ready

The disk drives should be fine, whats more important (at least at first) is to remember to grab your network drivers before you re-OS, I cant tell you how many times ive kicked off an install using the only computer with internet access..........only to have to go somwhere else just to download some stupid realtek zip file :p

thank you. do you mean the network hardware driver? Where do I find that to copy it off? It's some type of built in network port on my Asus p9x79 pro board

Thank you guys very much! I hadn't thought to do that.

I am running Windows 7 because of hardware and software reasons.

I would not run that, historically anything that claims to "find your missing drivers" or whatever has been riddled with bloatware and general nonsense.

Youll be good to just get the LAN driver, put the zip file on the USB drive youre installing windows from, and install the driver once your computer boots to the new OS. From there just go to the link criccio sent to get your other missing drivers like chipset and audio, its always best to get the drivers straight from the manufacturer. Especially considering they could be newer than the ones currently installed on your machine.

Back