Free Stadia Premiere Edition w/ $30 Game Purchase - Black Friday Deal

cybereality

[H]F Junkie
The company is marking down its Stadia Premiere Edition from its regular $80 price to $22/€22 on the Google Store for a limited time, or supplies last, as a cheeky way to mark the occasion.
Stadia will also be participating in Black Friday by giving away the Stadia Premiere Edition with the purchase of any game or game bundle priced at $30 or more from the Stadia store.
https://store.google.com/us/product/stadia_premiere_edition?hl=en-US
https://stadia.google.com/

NOTE: To get the free controller your have to purchase by November 29th and it's US Only. For the $22 controller more countries are available see the link above.

I've been using Stadia since launch and it's great. Here is a recent video I made playing games at 4K 60 fps, and it even works on crappy laptops or old computers with integrated graphics.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Col_Hogan

Yes, you can purchase the controller bundle alone for $22, but you'll probably want to get at least one game anyway, so buying something for $30 and getting the bundle for free is a better deal.

1638070880442.png

You have to purchase by November 29th and it's US only.

I did a similar deal last year with Cyberpunk. When Stadia is firing on all cylinders and not overloaded during peak hours, it's great. When it isn't, it isn't. I quickly learned not to bother playing from 5-7pm on weekdays. But I finished Cyberpunk and haven't touched it since, so who knows things might have improved.

The store needs more/better games though. A lot of it is kiddie stuff / indie-ware / or same games as you see on PS+ / Xbox pass.

But hey when Google decides to pull the plug on it, at least you'll retain a 4K chromecast and a PC joystick.

I haven't had any issue with the speed, but I also have a 950Mbps connection, so maybe that is why. I usually play at 1080p on my projector, but 4K works as well on the PC.

Playing Far Cry 6 now and having a blast. Sadly the 4K mode in this game is questionable (looks like around 1440p if even that and 30 fps). It's still playable by last-gen console standards but it's not a great experience. 1080p is okay though.

Back