Found a 3070, any reason to keep my 1080TI ?

You don't have warranty where you live? I'd move.
If your card breaks down within these 3 years and you can't live with an integrated GPU for a few weeks, you might want to rethink your life choices.
Unless of course you need it for work, in which case, why have a 4 years old card?

What are you talking about? I said sell the spare card while the price is high in response to the guy who said keep it as a spare.

I would definitely look at the 5xxx amd as an upgrade to 3800x as frame times will be better, as for gpu keep or sell but it's not a terrible idea to break close to even with your upgrade .... I have never seen used equipment hold or increase its value like this economy.

I don't recall any 3070 or 3070Ti reviews that showed a drop in performance at 4K to the 1080Ti.

I don't recall any 3070 or 3070Ti reviews that showed a drop in performance at 4K to the 1080Ti.

It doesn't. When 3070 is compared to 2080Ti (similar performance in general) it does get a slight hit in 4k from VRAM bottlenecking but it is not a big bottleneck and it still runs around the older 1080Ti like there is no tomorrow.

Back