Forum "Muting"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanonicalAbstract

Special Attention Whore
I was curious - is there a way to "mute" or make specific sub-forums so that they are not seen? For example, if I wanted to make it so I didn't see any SoapBox threads, posts, etc.
I was just curious if this could be done or not. Thank you!

nope, once youre subbed to genmay, youre subbed*. what'd you do to earn that title?! lol
*unless you do yearly, then let it expire and poof, no more soapbox.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
I stay out of the Soapbox most of the time. Mostly because I forget that swearing isn't allowed and I end up getting myself banned all the time. Beyond that, it just pisses me off more than anything. So, when I don't want to deal with it I don't look at it. It's really easy to tune something out when you aren't interested in it. I don't visit the Linux or non-Windows OS subforums either. They don't offend me to the point where I'd want to hide them, so I don't really get the desire to hide parts of the forum you wouldn't want to see. Just ignore them and get on with your life.

Install a tampermonkey plugin and have it hide the soapbox for you.

Last edited:
nope, once youre subbed to genmay, youre subbed*. what'd you do to earn that title?! lol
*unless you do yearly, then let it expire and poof, no more soapbox.
You can thank Kyle for that one :D
Ok, got it. I was just using Soapbox as an example. Thank you for the follow up.

I stay out of the Soapbox most of the time. Mostly because I forget that swearing isn't allowed and I end up getting myself banned all the time. Beyond that, it just pisses me off more than anything. So, when I don't want to deal with it I don't look at it. It's really easy to tune something out when you aren't interested in it. I don't visit the Linux or non-Windows OS subforums either. They don't offend me to the point where I'd want to hide them, so I don't really get the desire to hide parts of the forum you wouldn't want to see. Just ignore them and get on with your life.
Understandable. The soapbox I’m not a fan of anymore, and I’ll just leave it at that. But I can easily gloss over those posts I don’t want to see if I need to, I’m just not a fan of clutter. 😉🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back