formac monitors?

wizzackr

[H]ard|Gawd
Posted this in the monitor section as well, but then thought it might actually be cleverer to post it here... DOH!

Ok, here is my question: A friend of mine needs a new monitor, as her Laptop crapped out the other day and she got herself a mac mini. I told her she should have a look at Dell's offerings, but being a Macuser she - of course - went for something to go with the candy-looks :) (all in good fun, right?)
what she came up with is this fella: http://www.formac.us/files/pdf_sheets/gallery2010.pdf and now she is asking me for advice. Frankly I have not heard anything of that brand AT ALL, yet, so I pass it on to you guys. Does any of you know if that brand is any good, and more importantly if the image quality is good?
Price-wise the Dell 2001FP is in the same league, but the specs on that (hidious) monitor are way better including a 3 year 24hour replacement warranty that comes with it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated,
cheers,
J

a) never heard of them, but it looks like they've been around a while if you google it

b)that monitor looks goofy as shiat

c)it comes with a one year warranty, 3 year is available for an additional $99...my thought is that your friend can add apple care to both her computer and apple display for $149

d)if she's gonna spend $700 for a goofy looking 20" display, why not spend another $100 and get the apple one that actually looks good? or save money and get the dell?

bahula03 said:
a) never heard of them, but it looks like they've been around a while if you google it

b)that monitor looks goofy as shiat

c)it comes with a one year warranty, 3 year is available for an additional $99...my thought is that your friend can add apple care to both her computer and apple display for $149

d)if she's gonna spend $700 for a goofy looking 20" display, why not spend another $100 and get the apple one that actually looks good? or save money and get the dell?

rofl - I told you it looked shit, buddy :p

Pricewise it looks different here in Europe, though: You can buy it for € 589,56 and the 20" apple display costs around € 770 - plus the 590€ includes the 3 year warranty as far as I know, but I'll tell her to double-check.

So, saying the price-limit is 600 bucks that leaves the dell 2001FP as an alternative, which looks worse spec-wise... Man, granted, that thing should be banned by the geneva convention due to retinal rape, but she likes it - so I guess we'll have to stick to the specifications (as difficult as that may be with that piece of sh...ardware)

I've heard of them before, almost bought one myself back in the day. They seem to be more of a niche market toward digital output shops, but I think the newer Mac monitors kinda trump it in quality now. Personally, i don't see why she wouldn't have just got an iMac for what she spent on both. Kinda silly IMO.

Back