For the Players Since 1995: Playstation nostalgia video

ahah notice how they could only afford 2, maybe 3 games once they got to the ps4.. Instead of the piles of games for the ps1-ps3. :D

I have to say Sony is handling the whole "for the player" thing a lot better than Microsoft. MS did so much right with the 360, but is just doing so many things wrong with how they are handling the XBone. Sony on the other hand, who I've had a long standing grudge with is impressing me more and more about how they are making it about the players (sorta like I would expect Nintendo should of done it).

Cool vid. I've owned all 3 gens of Playstations. PS1 had the most impact for me against N64. Also how much I miss $40 dollar PS1 games :)

I like how it was Sony equipment the whole time. I remember wanting a Sony TV back in the day with s-video and couldn't afford it. Too bad today I wouldn't want a Sony TV.

lol at the end it's like here, instead of playing 2 player games shared screen i'll hand you the controller while I watch you play online vs other ppl calling your mom names.

So many hours of fun I've had with Playstation 1. There's just something about action adventures games back then. Resident Evil, Dion Crisis, Parasite Eve, Silent Hill, these were all the games I could play over and over again on PS1. Maybe it's due to the lack of quick time event that we see in today's game such as Heavy Rain.

Definitely reminds me of my childhood with my friends. All night sessions of bloody roar, C&C: Red Alert, FF7, Castlevania SOTN, and a bunch more I can't think of right now. Good times that I wouldn't trade for the world. I don't care what bad things anybody has to say about gaming. All I know is that I am still damn-good friends with all the kids that I played games with when I was younger 20+ years later. Hell, the few of us that still live close get together once a month or so and tear up some retro consoles.

Definitely tell this is from Europe.

I remember things a bit differently, washed out blue jeans, slap on wristbands, pogs, big ass trapper keepers, bright neon jackets/track suits, staying up when your parents told you to go to bed to get in a little more time on final fantasy.

lol at the end it's like here, instead of playing 2 player games shared screen i'll hand you the controller while I watch you play online vs other ppl calling your mom names.

But...I love calling peoples moms names. :(

The kid was at least 13 at the start. 18 years later, he's still living in the same room? :p

Resident Evil 1 & SOTC...wouldn't trade that time spent staring at a boss thinking well what the hell do I do now. Good old days...

ahaah that's what I was thinking. Kid still lives in parents bedroom playing playstation is about right for most of the playstation generation

I have to say Sony is handling the whole "for the player" thing a lot better than Microsoft. MS did so much right with the 360, but is just doing so many things wrong with how they are handling the XBone. Sony on the other hand, who I've had a long standing grudge with is impressing me more and more about how they are making it about the players (sorta like I would expect Nintendo should of done it).

The rule of 3. Sony fucked up with the PS3 and is redeeming themselves with the PS4. And now Microsoft is fucking up the Xbox One and they'll pull something amazing with the Xbox Two in 2020:p.

I would prefer a video with all the game systems from atari 2600 to present lol

r2d2-mod.jpg

sg_08.jpg

The PS1 was huge for me. It came out when I was a freshman in college and the fighting game genre was massive in those days. So many late nights playing the SF Alpha and Tekken games.

I remember playing Need For Speed on PS1 and racing my brother and on one map that had the longest straight away we would always be neck and neck and if one person started to pull away the other would out loud say "don't do it, don't do it" in reference to the pit maneuver to take the other person out lol

:D

Back