FM2 ITX

tikiman2012

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anybody know the time frame for mini-ITX FM2 boards? I haven't found any release dates.

Not yet, although I found info on the Overclockers.UK site LINK and it looks like at least people in the UK are getting some ITX love.
Here is a list of all of the announced or spied boards I've found so far:
ASRock: FM2A75M-ITX
MSI: A85IA-53
Zotac: A75-ITX WiFi
Sapphire: Pure Platinum A75T
Gigabyte: (No Name)
ECS: (No Name)
Jetway: (No Name)

Will subscribe and post if I hear anything before you.

no fm2 .but fm1 newegg.ca have this one here [ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

Found some on ebay shipping from hong kong. To pricey for me going for 129 plus 19.99 for shipping.

It's frustrating that the board manufacturers don't have FM2-itx mobos out already. I realize it is a small consumer segment but I bet AMD isn't very happy about it either.

they been out for 2 week now .
go to newegg .ca .or .com
they have them at newegg.ca i will gitting mine friday fm2. 75 pro 6 gbs [MB ASROCK|FM2A75 PRO4-M A75 FM2 89.99 .
so i just cant not see why are you saying that they dont sell them yet

they been out for 2 week now .
go to newegg .ca .or .com
they have them at newegg.ca i will gitting mine friday fm2. 75 pro 6 gbs [MB ASROCK|FM2A75 PRO4-M A75 FM2 89.99 .
so i just cant not see why are you saying that they dont sell them yet

Mini-ITX and micro-ATX are not the same. ITX is much smaller. The board you are talking about is Micro-ATX, so that is why he is saying they don't sell ITX yet.

ok you are right .
there only one and it is a fm1.no fm2 yet i guess .
sorry about that

Well damn, I had eBay up and did a quick search. Should've googled it too. Oh well at least they're out now.

Still no Boards here. Dear manufacturers: WHY DO I BUY TRINITY?!
Yeah, because of its outstanding CPU-Performance... :rolleyes:
That thing is made for paring it with the most powerfull CFX/SLi-Setups!

Seriously, if you only need CPU-Performance you buy Intel and use their IGP. (More efficient CPU/Fast enough IGP).

If you need lots of CPU-/GPU-Performance you buy... Intel AND an HD 7xxx or GTX 6xx!
And even if you buy an AMD here. That wouldn't be a Trinity!!!

Sooo, with Trinity your probably someone with need for some decent CPU- and GPU-Performance.
And without the software for APUs available, why not buy it seperated?!
-> You want to have a small system.
And with Trinity you could A: Go without any cards and chose among the smallest of mini-ITX cases.
Or B: Go with an mini-ITX board/case instead an µATX because you only need one card other than a graphics card.

Retarded or something? Who needs all those ATX boards?! Dont want to make money?! Than dont blame AMD for no one buying any FM2-Boards!!!!

Last edited:
It's not up to AMD to make the boards, it's the motherboard manufacturers. Blaming AMD is just irrational. =/

Now that Newegg has the ASRock board in stock, has anyone seen any others? The MSI A75IA-E53/Zotac A75-ITX WiFi/Sapphire Pure Platinum A75T/Gigabyte/Asus/ECS/Jetway/Biostar/Foxconn?

Does the ASRock FM2A75M-ITX support iommu? ESXi?

I would also like to know the answer if any one knows.

AMD and Intel boards don't specify certain features for virtualization very well. With AMD, even when the chipset does support it, the manufacture has to either enable it in BIOS or atleast part of BIOS options.

I actually bought the Asrock FM2 ITX board and am having graphical glitches with it and a AMD A10-5700. I am about to open another thread to discuss the problem but I saw this thread and wanted to warn you. The board was on sale for a week or two and now it appears as discontinued on Newegg. Other reviewers reported issues. I wonder if it was recalled.

I just did a build with this board using an A8-5500 and so far no issues, although it's only been up and running for less than a week. I did notice that the board was discontinued which is a bit concerning considering it has only been on the market for less than a month. It is unfortunate that people seem to be having issues with it. I did notice that Zotac has just come out and said their FM2 mini board is available, so I hope it will be available in the usual spots soon as I have one more system to build.

Moosh, I'm having issues too. Not graphical, but power... I'm thinking they center around board power consumption, and poor boot behavior. I'm running off a 110W PSU, which ought to be MORE than enough... yet when I sit in the BIOS, power draw is 110W+ and CPU temp creeps up to about 50C. This is causing some boot stability problems.

I suspect the BIOS is why the CPU is heating up so much; I suspect the motherboard is why my system, with a 65W TDP CPU, can so easily draw 110W.

A10-5700
Asrock mITX FM2 board
Samsung SSD
Samsung RAM

^ That's it! Well, and a CPU fan.

When I sit at idle, after Windows settles down power finally drops to 20W. If only it didn't shoot up to 80W+ when I do things...

Last edited:
How efficient is that PSU ...

"Up to 92% Efficient"

Worst case for most PSU is around 70%, so even in the worst case the system is getting up to 77W. Next question being, what on earth is the system doing with 77W+ in the BIOS screen.

Edit: Oh, I lied, the PSU is rated for 90W. My killawatt definitely sees 110W+ at the wall, so I'm wondering now if the rating is available power instead of total draw. But, anyway.

Last edited:
I have the ASRock paired with a A10-5800K, I haven't any issues but also haven't used it with any games. Maybe I should try installing steam and should run a couple games just be sure.

Update: things are going much better, now that I've undervolted the CPU and DRAM. Don't seem to have cost me stability, and I'm not seeing load readings above 90W, so I think I might be set.

I was figuring on getting a different board, but doing more research the FM1 Asrock was actually pretty good on power (only bested by ASUS, who hasn't announced an FM2 ITX that I know of) and does have all the options for over/under clock/volting.

Only thing that remains is maybe I want to really squeeze as much as I can out of the undervolting, as my Kozuti's fan still has to kick in to high gear when I launch a game. 80-90W is still a sizeable amount for that dinky fan, and being slender it is somewhat noisy. Haven't gone too crazy yet, as I haven't found any success numbers for NB/GFX or GFX engine undervolts and I don't want to spend days messing w/ my voltages just yet.

Currently Vcore @ 1.2V, but allegedly somebody took a A10-5800K down to 1.14V when he downclocked it to 3.4GHz, which is my base clock already.

Last thought: Undervolting is preventing Cool n Quiet from working, but idle voltage w/ CnQ was 18W and with undervolt instead it is 23W. Small loss (that I may recover yet) at idle seems very worthwhile, as I'm saving 20-30W under load.

Last edited:
if that board only had wifi, i would get one,

currently running a e-350 for my media rig. Would be nice to have the new trinity cpu and same ITX format. Will draw more power, but will be much faster to.

Probably wait for the new low power apus.

yes it does.

but i was referring to Kabini. The Brazos replacement. my e-350 system pulls 45 wats at the wall fulled loaded. This includes a 3 tb hard drive. Blue-ray drive, 4gb of DDR 3 mem.

The A10-5700 would double the power consumption.

Where did you place your order? Did you go ahead and put in an order for the not-yet-in-stock one on Amazon?

You have got to be s........ me, I am sure that board was in stock when I posted the link :mad:

OK, search goes on superbiiz claims they have a selection of FM2 ITX boards. Read my edit edit :(

EDIT:

As in they are in stock.

EDIT EDIT:

Bang, wrong again, only the Asrock one in stock!!!!

Where did you place your order? Did you go ahead and put in an order for the not-yet-in-stock one on Amazon?

I just ordered it from Amazon some days ago. It was never in stock as far as I saw. I just ordered it so I can get it as soon as they get it. If it gets in stock at newegg or superbiiz or somewhere else I can easily cancel the Amazon order.

You have got to be s........ me, I am sure that board was in stock when I posted the link :mad:

OK, search goes on superbiiz claims they have a selection of FM2 ITX boards. Read my edit edit :(

EDIT:

As in they are in stock.

EDIT EDIT:

Bang, wrong again, only the Asrock one in stock!!!!

I do not think the MSI ITX was in stock on Amazon when you posted as I ordered it before you posted and it wasn't in stock and I have been checking its status regularly.

Yes the Asrock ITX is in stock but I would suggest avoiding it. Not only is it an unreliable board as evidenced by my experience and the other newegg reviewers, it is also incompatible with a variety of aftermarket coolers (see Noctua cooler compatibility page) due to the way they placed components around the FM2 socket.

I do not think the MSI ITX was in stock on Amazon when you posted as I ordered it before you posted and it wasn't in stock and I have been checking its status regularly.

Yes the Asrock ITX is in stock but I would suggest avoiding it. Not only is it an unreliable board as evidenced by my experience and the other newegg reviewers, it is also incompatible with a variety of aftermarket coolers (see Noctua cooler compatibility page) due to the way they placed components around the FM2 socket.

OK, I may have messed it up with a listing on an european site, as some EU shops have the MSI in stock.

FM2 ITX boards must be popular in the US, as I have no problems finding them in stock in the EU.

Back