FLBK_LED started blinking after shutdown

carol_sama

n00b
So 3 days ago, when I turned off my computer, I noticed a green blinking light in the corner of my motherboard. It only lights up when the computer is off. The only thing that I did differently that day is that when I turned my pc off, I had forgotten to eject my external HD. The computer still turns on even though it doesn't respond immediately after you press the power button which is an issue that also started that day. It runs fine once its on.
I tried to look at their manual but it doesnt say what it means.

Thank you!

TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI)
Operation System : Pop!_OS 20.04
BIOS Information Version: 3405 Release Date: 02/01/2021

Attachments

• 20210327_124245.mp4
    5.9 MB
That LED is associated with the USB Bios Flashback function.
Normally, if you hold the button on the back down for a few seconds you would see that light flash a few times and then it would attempt to do the BIOS flash if there was a drive with a Bios image on it attached to the right port.
As for why yours is stuck on or how to turn it off, sorry I'm not sure, possibly the button got inadvertently pushed. Maybe try removing all power for a while, or do a CMOS clear, or flash the BIOS (there's been a rash of new X570 Bios's lately anyway).

That LED is associated with the USB Bios Flashback function.
Normally, if you hold the button on the back down for a few seconds you would see that light flash a few times and then it would attempt to do the BIOS flash if there was a drive with a Bios image on it attached to the right port.
As for why yours is stuck on or how to turn it off, sorry I'm not sure, possibly the button got inadvertently pushed. Maybe try removing all power for a while, or do a CMOS clear, or flash the BIOS (there's been a rash of new X570 Bios's lately anyway).
Thank you for your reply! I actually email ASUS, lets say what they will say, otherwise I am just going to take to the local shop. The PC works fine though, so maybe it is just an error.

Thank you for your reply! I actually email ASUS, lets say what they will say, otherwise I am just going to take to the local shop. The PC works fine though, so maybe it is just an error.
Hey I’m having the exact same problem with the same motherboard, I can’t figure out what to do. If you’d let me know what you did I’d really appreciate it.

Hey I’m having the exact same problem with the same motherboard, I can’t figure out what to do. If you’d let me know what you did I’d really appreciate it.
Thread on Reddit says I/O backplate is pressing on the button as hole is not aligned with button shaft. suggest shifting backplate or motherboard slightly.

Thread on Reddit says I/O backplate is pressing on the button as hole is not aligned with button shaft. suggest shifting backplate or motherboard slightly.
Thanks I actually had seen that and I looked at the button and it didn’t look like it was pressed so I figured that wasn’t it. But I just tried it and it actually was so I removed some of the screws from my mobo and shifted it a little and it stopped pressing down. I just turned it off and it’s not doing it so that is what was causing it. Thank you for the advice.

Back