firsthand experience (or detailed info) with the Gigabyte Aorus 6900 Waterforce edition?

mrjayviper

Weaksauce
Trying to find:

- PCB pics
- Power phases
- quality of the block
- overclocking potential
- anything else you want to share

Thanks

AHOC has a discussion of the various 6900XT designs. I'm inclined to agree with him that the Waterforce is likely the same board design as their fancy air cooled one.

I don't have experience with their 6900XT block specifically, but if it's anything like the other Waterforce blocks I have owned, then it'll be fine, but not quite as skookum as what you'd get if you just bought one separately from EK or Aquacomputer or similar. One of the big differentiators with these types of blocks is that they tend to put a massive decal over the front of it, so you can't disassemble it without it being super obvious. I've got the MSI 2080 Ti here, and while the block itself appears to be more or less the same as the one you'd get directly from EK, it has some really big stickers on it that cover up the screws. The Gigabyte one was similar, where the only part of the clear acrylic that was actually visible is the part above the GPU fins.

Unless you're planning on doing some sort of competitive overclocking, I don't think the board design necessarily matters that much. They're all pretty good, and based on the prices, I'd say the smart thing to do is buy the one you can get at a reasonable price and put a water block on it yourself.

Back