First X58 MATX = DFI JR.

Source: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/10396/sli_on_x58_express_without_nf200_chip_for_5_usd/index.html

news_nvidia-slionx58e-01a_full.png

DFI LP JR X58-T3H
Board features SLI and possible Crossfire configs.:eek:

I'll hazard a guess January at the earliest but it also depends on when the X58 ATX mobos release. The mATX are almost always at least a month or two after the ATX versions release it seems.

Also one needs to remember that although nVidia will allow for both SLI and CF doesnt mean the mobo manufacturers will build mobos with it. The upside to this is that DFI seems to be interested in CF and SLI mATX mobos. We can only hope ASUS, Gigabyte, and others will pick up the idea and go head to head in direct competition and make them. Time will tell. :)

I would be more excited about this if they could get a proper working bios and iron out the QC issues on the boards they already have out.

The new BIOS is supposed to be good I heard. The original release one had some problems supposedly.

maybe I sound a bit jaded because my DFI Jr was a piece of crap.

If they can put out a good product without alot of surprises I might give them another go.

But I will definitely wait for other people to do DFIs beta testing before I do.

Or course. Let the early adopters take the bullet first. >=) I'll probably wait for a 2nd revision.

I was/am a "beta" tester for most good matx board and only experienced one issue to date (with one f-i90hd) so i don't mind beta test upcoming promising matx board! :)

Gimme a test board and I will bitch them out like I did with the JR (not about the bios though).

The problems. What few there were, no longer exist supposedly. The earliest BIOS that had the problem came out with the pre release mobos that the reviewers got. It was a sample BIOS. From what I heard the actual release mobos have a good BIOS. Far as I know nobody, other than some reviewers, got a bad BIOS. I wouldnt worry about getting a bad BIOS now if I were buying a current DFI JR.

DFI mobos are known to be picky though because their BIOS allows for so much tweaking. Often you'll hear the experienced DFI enthusiasts say how they are not for the newbies that have never played with a mobo before. I wouldnt let it deter you though if you have experience tweaking a BIOS or overclocking one.

I'm not a newb, I just don't have the kind of time it takes to get the kinks ironed out. I have a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old in the house, so I really just don't have time like I used to.

Plus I am still happy with my P5E VM HDMI.;)

These bios issues you speak of, were they on both the DFI Jr's, the intel and amd? It's just the DFI LP JR 790GX-M2RS (AMD) was available for $105 on newegg openbox, which I didn't buy cause I figured they would have faulty bios'. I am not contempt with the ~$150 price tage of a new matx board either...

Back